Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. CahanchalYour feedback matters!
I.have irregular periods I.e for 2 or. 3 days only and suddenly there is acute hair fall now a days. What can be the causes. Please suggest. Can hair fall be cured if period problem get cured.
Hi. My left breast has been feeling heavy and tight for 2 days now, and it has also been paining me. What should I do? My periods are weeks away as well.
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester:
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- Implantation bleeding. You may experience some normal spotting within the first six to 12 days after you conceive as the fertilized egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus. Some women don't realize they are pregnant because they mistake this bleeding for a light period. Usually the bleeding is very light and lasts from a few hours to a few days.
- Miscarriage. Because miscarriage is most common during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, it tends to be one of the biggest concerns with first trimester bleeding. However, first trimester bleeding does not necessarily mean that you’ve lost the baby or going to miscarry. In fact, if a heartbeat is seen on ultrasound, over 90% of women who experience first trimester vaginal bleeding will not miscarry.
- Molar pregnancy (also called gestational trophoblastic disease). This is a very rare condition in which abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus instead of a baby. In rare cases, the tissue is cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body.
- Other symptoms of molar pregnancy are severe nausea and vomiting, and rapid enlargement of the uterus.
Additional causes of bleeding in early pregnancy include:
Cervical changes. During pregnancy, extra blood flows to the cervix. Intercourse or a Pap test, which cause contact with the cervix, can trigger bleeding. This type of bleeding isn't cause for concern.
Infection. Any infection of the cervix, vagina, or a sexually transmitted infection (such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, or herpes) can cause bleeding in the first trimester.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters:
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- Problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- Uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- Premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- Vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Investigating early bleeding
Your doctor is likely to begin with an internal examination to feel the size of your uterus and to look for any obvious visible sign of bleeding.
- Ultrasound: After about six weeks of pregnancy the baby’s heart beat can usually be seen on ultrasound. If you have been bleeding, you will likely be offered a vaginal ultrasound because it offers the best possible view of your pregnancy. A vaginal ultrasound is a narrow probe, which is put inside the vagina; it feels much like an internal examination and is quite safe.
- Blood tests: A blood test can measure the level of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotrophin), which changes depending on how pregnant you are.
No matter when it occurs, any bleeding during pregnancy warrants a phone call to your doctor or midwife, even if only to confirm nothing is amiss. Be prepared to answer detailed questions about the color, amount, and timing of blood in order to best help your practitioner determine the possible cause.
Know how Knee and Back injuries can be treated
My name is Amin Khan, physiotherapist. My working area is Bandra West, Kurla West and Powai Area. Now we are here to discuss about the most common injuries of the body like back injuries and knee injuries. Nowadays, the most common injuries can be treated at home with exercises. We are discussing here about home remedies to treat back and knee injuries.
For back injury, we can start with the first exercises. Lift your hip for 5 seconds, then release. Then straighten your legs up and down. Bend your knee towards your chest and hold that position for five seconds and release. After the exercises you can try stand up exercises and side to side bending of your hip. These exercises are helpful in reliveing pain of your minor injuries. If these exercises are not helpful, you can try other exercises. Start by the ankle toe movement and slowly press down and put the towel under the knee and hold for five seconds. Contract your muscles and then release. Then, lift one knee and press for few seconds on top of your knee and then release. You can do the same movement for your right leg. Ice, compression and elevation can help reduce the pain of knee injuries.
For more information, you can contact me on Lybrate.
I'm married, have a problem with my periods. I hav a pcos due to this il get brownish or reddish discharge little 3 days before actual flow of my periods, same thing happened this month but the thing is its been 5 days my actual flow of blood is not yet started only brownish n reddish stains. My periods not yet started. Need to no the problem I'm having. I'm very much worried. We hav planned to hav intercourse in August to get conceive but my periods not happening now. I'm not able to do pooja, or go to temples n can not even possible to have set with hubby coz of little vaginal discharge like periods. Please help me.
I am pregnant of 10-11 week .I have done blood test as suggested after my gynee, all reports are normal excluding TSH TEST which results .20 and normal condition is .30-4.8 is there thing to worry about this test please help me.
Eating well is one of the secrets to a long and healthy life. To be able to sustain yourself in the long run, without falling prey to life threatening diseases and degeneration of the body and its functionality, one must invest well in nutrition. So how can you eat to live forever and sustain a healthy eating habit? Here are a few elements that you should add to your diet - pronto!
- Omega-3: Fish and nuts have the maximum omega three fatty acids, which are known as an anti-aging ingredient that everyone must add to their daily diet. Have a helping of baked or grilled fish for dinner with a smattering of green vegetables and carry dry fruit or nuts wherever you go to get a dose of omega three every time you are hungry for a quick snack. Raisins, walnuts and flaxseed are also great sources of this element.
- Fibre: Get a good dose of digestive fibres with each meal and every time you snack. These fibres collect all the toxins and flush them out of the system which can prevent a host of disease from GERD to acidity and even cancer. It is also a well-known ingredient that helps you maintain a steady blood sugar level. Lentils, legumes, barley, fruits and berries, in particular, are all great sources of fibre.
- Go Slow: Doing it in slow motion is the key to longevity - chewing, swallowing and savouring, that is. Studies have shown that many centenarians are in the habit of eating a low calorie diet really slowly so that they feel full faster. This practice is especially prevalent in the Far East. So, take time out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Learn how to enjoy your own company and get used to eating slowly.
- Healthy Fats: Did you even know that there is such a thing as healthy fats? Well, now you do. So get a load of healthy fats that can be found in pistachios, almonds, olive oil and other such ingredients which can actually help in combating the build-up of excessive blood lipids which can lead to high cholesterol and even diabetes.
- Protein: Take in a serving of protein every single day. Not only will it give you energy, but it will also help in building good bone and muscle strength which will keep you active longer. This ingredient can also ensure that there is less cellular damage as you grow older, which eliminates pesky problems like weak knees and fractures. Eggs, fat free milk and other such ingredients contain good protein.
So pile the above ingredients high to enjoy a long and healthy life!
Period started on 15th Had sex on 19th and 20th Took pill on 21st Again had sex on 23rd On 27th again darker color bleeding started with bloated stomach pain in abdomen and bladder area. What should I do is there any probability of pregnancy?
I am 28 years old and married. We are trying for a baby. My last last period was on August 24th and we had intercourse on 12th day, 15th day, 18th day and 20th day. please let me know what is the chances of pregnancy. My cycle length for August is 32 days, July is 23 days and June is 24 days, may 40 days, April 36 days. When can I check the pregnancy.
My wife is on her early pregnancy. Just wanted to know whether dates milk shake can be consumed. And also what are all the fruits should be avoided.
Is bleeding after pill prove I am not pregnant? I took ipill 2 times in a week. Both pill I took within 24 hrs. I had my sex on 2nd day of my period end. And again had sex on 8th day of the period end. One week later I got bleed. Now my next period when to come. Please help me.
Yesterday I had sex with my gf and today she got mens so sir is it chance to pregnancy ,if it is chance to pregnancy so for that what should I do to stop the pregnancy. Please hlep me sir.
I had a miscarriage on Dec 20, 2016. My cycle is all messed up since then, its about 36 days long. Previously it was exact 29 day. Trying to conceive for last three month but no success. How and when my cycle will be back to normal again?
A healthy libido is as important as any other function within your body. However, as much as it is a physical function, a lot of it has to do with the most important sexual organ, the brain. If you or your partner is both physically and emotionally not in the right place, your sex drive suffers. This can create physical and emotional problems in your life. Some of the tips to help increase your sex drive are mentioned as follows.
- Getting the right amount of sleep: One of the major causes of low sex drive among men and women is the lack of sleep. Between household chores as well as office work and family commitments, the first thing that gets compromised on is sleep. Low sleep results in the drop in testosterone in both men and women thus, drastically lowering sex drive. This is the hormone primarily responsible for sex drive in both men and women. Ensure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep daily to maintain a healthy sex drive.
- Think and talk sex: Mostly women and men to some extent as well tend to put talking about sex in the no go zone. This along with the mundane discussions about household life tends to lower libido as well. Ensure that you put in some sex talk to keep the spark alive as this would keep your libido levels and the physical attraction levels high.
- Overweight and obesity is toxic for your sex drive: Excess fat and being overweight is a big libido killer in both men and women. Obesity and high body fat percentage inhibits testosterone production, thus, denting your sex drive. It is very important that you try to lose a few pounds and set goals to become fit as this will work wonders for your libido.
- Meditate and relax: When you are stressed, cortisol levels in your blood are increased as the adrenaline glands go into overdrive. This is one of the most common and major sex drive killers. It is thus, very important that you practice mediation and other relaxation techniques to ensure that stress levels are down which will help in boosting libido.
- A healthy diet: This is possibly one of the most important components in your life which determines how the physical side of libido is managed. Certain foods may kill your libido such as cheese and other dairy products, fried fatty foods, carbonated sodas among others. Some of the foods that are good for your libido would be ginger, watermelon, lettuce, and eggs.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.