Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. CahanchalYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am 18 years old girl, I want to know that, I taken 2 unwanted 72 tablets in last week, so I want to know, what is the side effects happen in my body or it creates any problem in future regarding pregnancy. How it is if I take I pill tablet or unwanted 72 tablets regularly basic or like 1 tablet in a month? Is there any side effects for me? Coz my age is 18 running only. Could you please tell me about it. Please suggest me. I am waiting for your response.
My wife is nine weeks pregnant and is taking 125 mg of eltroxin 6 days a week and 150 mg 1 day. Sir is still there any chances of miscarriage and if are what we have to do?
Whether having long hair around nipple is called hirsutism? I even have irregularities in periods is there any problem?
My wife is suffering from Harmon's disturbance for last two months. She is suffering from monthly period disturbance , her period coming twice in a month.Please help ?
Hello doc am facing problem with pcod but am taking treatment that. They given treatment for that M2-tone syrup and ovral-g tablets please tell me any chance to get pregnancy still I am not getting kids.
My girlfriend is having heavy menstrual cramps and as per her it's paining a lot. Please advice. What are the reasons of such cramps and how to get relieved from such pains.
I am having mild red mucus after intercourse. Is this affects my conceiving? am thinking that am gretting periods always? is it afffects?
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
My periods date is 17 to 20 of the month, till Feb, period was regular, and in last month I had sex on 17th March in day, on that day period came in night with little bleeding. Till 5 days periods was not in proper flow. While I had sex in previous months but there has no problem. And now in this month, today is 18th April and period not came. Pls suggest.
I am in live-in relationship from last one month, and from last month my bf do intercourse all days, but whenever he do I am in severe pain, in my vagina, in abdomen and stomach. Can anybody suggest me some medicine for this.
I am a 22 years old housewife & a student also. I have one cyst in both overy. Right ovary measures 38*22*32 mm, volume 14cc & left ovary measures 43*27*26mm volume 16cc. Now my question is that in future during pregnancy or my conceive have I face any problem. If yes, what can I do. We have no plan for child now. Please reply.
Dear Doctor we are newly married couple now my wife medical report said she is having Thyroid TSH E411 8.52 which is high also she have Bilateral Polycystic Ovaries kindly clear our doubt this will not prevent her from pregnancy if taking medicine will she get pregnant- Please Clarify.
I am 29 year old female and getting an in vitro fertilization done. Wat precautions should I be following after embryo transfer?
I am 34 year female with past record of pcod. Now after ultrasound I have found that my endometrial thickness is 12 mm. Doctor suggested dns. What should I do?
I am 24 year, female. I experience frequent irritations in my vagina. Mostly it turns out to be fungal infection. I clean my self regularly with wash twice daily even. Why m I prone to this particular infection?
Hi Dr. I had my ectopic ruptured surgery on date 10-10-2016 then I was in periods on 10-11-2016. I have menstrual cycle of 27-28 days& I had unprotected sex on date 26-11-2016. That is on the 17th day of menstrual cycle then will I be pregnant? please answer me.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.