Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C.S Nanda
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C.S NandaYour feedback matters!
Got intimate with bf on 21 may got normal periods on 27 may. Urine tests thrice on 8 june all negative. What should I do more to confirm? Can I preg? I want to avoid please help.
I'm 24 age, married since 4 years now I'm pregnant 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. Yesterday (10.3.2018) I have doc appointment for abdominal scan doctor said fetal pole not yet seen and no heart beat and she said the baby growth is below five weeks, so I want to know the reason reason for this, and what I have to do?
Hello doctor. Mujhe period me back and stomach (naabhi k niche) pain hota hai. Bleeding me blood ka thakka sa bhi aata hai. Jab kabhi thakka jyada bada hota hai to pain badhne lagta hai after using washroom (urine k saath nikalne k baad) thoda relief hota hai? Kya karu is k liye?
I have a problem of white discharge. And it is appearing daily before n after my periods. Some times my charge is like watery n after some days its like thick white. I am worried about my health please tell me why this is happening.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed.
I am 38 years female, with 70 kgs weight. I am bearing a burning sensation with pins and needles feelings on my feet since four months. Kindly suggest.
She is missing her periods from 2 months. The pregnancy test kit also showed negative result. What might be the reason and how can we solve this problem?
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure (for cosmetic or reconstructive purposes) that is performed to reshape the nose as per one's requirement. Also known as a Nose Job, Rhinoplasty takes care of a host of nasal problems including an asymmetric nose or an enlarged nasal tip that can subject one to public embarrassment and mental agony, shattering their confidence into a million pieces. In spite of its effectiveness and high success rate, there are many misconceptions or myths related to Rhinoplasty that needs to be addressed.
In this article, we will bring forward some popular myths that have long been associated with Rhinoplasty so that people can understand the procedure better.
Myth: Rhinoplasty, being a surgical procedure, can be extremely painful leaving the face, especially around the eyes and the nose bruised that may take months to heal.
Fact: While some pain and bruising are inevitable (especially immediately after the surgery), severe bruising or excruciating pain is rare. In most cases, the pain or the associated discomfort do not last for more than a few hours following the Rhinoplasty. In extreme cases, a person may take a day to recover.
Myth: More than often, the incisions made in Rhinoplasty results in severe scarring of the nose.
Fact: A rhinoplasty may be an open or closed type. In Closed Rhinoplasty, the incision for the surgery is made inside the nostrils. Thus, chances of a visible scar are almost negligible. On the other hand, in the case of an Open Rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes the incision in such a way (across the columella, mostly in the shape of an inverted V) that the scar is negligibly visible.
Myth: Every individual, irrespective of their age can undergo Rhinoplasty
Fact: Not all individuals with a nasal problem can undergo Rhinoplasty, especially
- Boys below 15 years and girls below 14 years (for rhinoplasty, the facial structures should be fully developed).
- People under immense mental stress (such as depression, stress, anxiety, and related psychological problems).
Myth: Getting the surgery done by an experienced surgeon will ensure 100% success with no revision required.
Fact: There is no denying the fact that the choice of the surgeon is critical when it comes to Rhinoplasty.There are surgeons and health practitioners who undergo extensive training to perform Rhinoplasty. With an experienced surgeon, the chances of the surgery being a success will undoubtedly be strong, but having unrealistic expectations may not be a wise idea.There may be instances where an individual may require a revision (though not very often) following the surgery.
Myth: A person is always given a general anesthesia during Rhinoplasty.
Fact: The nature of the anesthesia depends on the type of the nose surgery. While a major nose surgery does require a general anesthesia, local anesthesia is often used for surgeries to correct the nose tip (or Rhinoplasty for minor nasal problems).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!