Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C P Sachdeva
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. C P SachdevaYour feedback matters!
My child is crying continuously. She has dry stools and little urination what to do. Any homevremedies.
My 5 month old baby suffering from running nose and cough while she is also on medicine for dysentery is WALAMYCIN and ENTEROGERMINA what can I do for her cough and running nose.
My daughter having pain in legs and knees got backward although she can run walk and also jumps but every time she is crying for stream feet pain only left toe. So please give the solution she is so thin.
My 10 weeks old baby drinks around. 4 ounces of milk pwe feed around 9-10 times a day. I tried to increase the time gap between every feed from 2 to 3 hours but failed to do so. I increased from 4 to 4.5 ounces but she still gets hungry after two hours. Please help.
My son age 5 years height 78cm and weight is 23 kg. His body growth is very thin and he doesn't like have any frood. He doesn't wills to consume food. We forcefully feed food. What to do for his good health any medication required.
I'm a mother of 4 months baby! Tips to increase my breast milk doctor! Because my daughter's crying in hunger!
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do.
Whether mental depression caused in my 3.5 years old child due to beating of his teacher will go normally whn v shift another school. He is normal at home. When v ask abt his teacher he get frustrated nd avoiding us. He is soft but talkative. He is saying when someone scolded him he feel like crying then he feeling very angry.
My daughter 2.7 yrs having tonsils. She suffers frequently with cough & cold & even sometimes fever. What should I do? homeopathic treatment going on now. Should I go for operation.
Mansi( name changed) is a young 27-year-old epilepsy patient.her seizures are under complete control since the past two years yet her family wonders as to why do she continues to be withdrawn, low on energy and cry's often. Empirical evidence and research have drawn a link with depression post-AED (Antiepilepsy Drugs).
Depression is comorbid with epilepsy.It can proceed epilepsy.It can post an epilepsy attack.Social factors also play a role in its occurrence.
Here it is essential for family members to be empathetic and supportive towards the patient.
My wife is 8 months pregnant and suffering from thyroid And my baby growth is not much as good as normal baby growth. So, suggest me something. And Eating mango is good in thyroid and pregnancy suggest me also.
Hello Dr. I delivered baby on 22 oct by c section but m having white colour small area in suture line. Dr. advised me megaheal gel. Is it ok to heal the wound. Before tht pus formation was there in some area. I have taken antibiotics but now oozing is not there but line is white in colour.
6 months old baby now he is weight 5.5 kgs.He is not increased his weight still one month Birth weight 2.7 kgs. Sir / madam please tell me diet and precursions. What can take the next step
Sir, There is a case of Spina Bifida & baby is one month old. Is there in prognosis for the same? Baby is suffering a lot along With his mother & whole family. Suggestion would be very much helpful.
Hii sir/madam. My daughter is 6 months old. She is very healthy. Yesterday I saw one small swelling on her head suddenly. She had no injury. Swelling size is small. No pain. Please suggest me what ia that swelling and is there any problem. I am very much worried about this. Please help me.
Dear gynecologist, I delivered a baby 1.5 yes old for her I didn't feed her properly just 2 months I feared her because of my nipple shape not sharp she couldn't take milk from me and from one point feeding stopped and I got my periods and recently I can feel small small lumps in my breast both sides and when I press a little milk also coming so can you tell me is that normal post delivery or I need to check for any breast cancer test? My age is 29.
Hi doctor. I am on vacation & my 6.5 years is complaining of stomach pain and throwing up even water also she is going for frequent urination. Please suggest what to do.
Our 20 days old daughter vomits out the feed in one go after 3-4 hours of feed. She feels suffocation at that time. Sometime liquid comes out from her nose. We hold her straight for half an hour after feed so that the intake gets digested. How to stop vomits?
Giving a child medication can be a challenging job and one that many parents dread! Wrong dosage can create a havoc and lead to unnecessary complications or the problem not getting treated at all. So make sure you give your child the proper dose.
Here is a small guide that will help you understand more about dosage and administration of medicine for children:
- Dosage: Usually, most pharmaceutical companies print the dosage as per the age or the weight range of the child. This is true mainly for paediatric drugs. Yet, there are other ways of calculating dosage as well. You can divide the age of the child (in months) by 150 and multiply the sum with the average adult dosage to compute the dose that the child should get.
- Frequency: Also, always speak with a paediatrician to find out how often a medicine must be administered. The label will usually have this information, but it is always best to mention the exact symptoms and ask for the frequency.
- Instruments: Child medicine usually comes in liquid form for easy ingestion. You can use a wide mouthed calibrated syringe for administering the medicine, or you could use a spoon, or even the measuring cup that comes with the medicine. The baby's bottle or a dropper can be used for infants as well. Take care to watch for signs of choking and administer the medicine in one dose broken up into smaller doses to avoid the same.
- Storage: Ask your doctor about storing the medicine at room temperature or in the refrigerator as this will affect the efficacy of the medicine.
- Administration: Remember to find out if the medicine is to be administered before or after the child has had a feed or a meal. Then, wash your hands and prepare the child by ensuring that he or she lies still without any squirming. Make the child comfortable about the idea of taking medication and keep the head propped up. Talk to distract the child and if need be, practice sucking it in so that the child avoids choking. You can mask the unpleasant taste of certain medicines by keeping a glass of juice or candy nearby.
- Missed Doses: If your child throws up a dose, or you miss one, do not give a double dose. Instead skip and give it later.
Take due precautions when you are administering, storing and measuring the medicine for your child as this could have an impact on how the child reacts and heals.