Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. C K JianYour feedback matters!
My daughter has got herpes when she is in the first class. Now she is has completed her intermediate. But still she has the herpes marks on her face so how to get rid of them?
Garlic has long been known as the health booster extraordinaire. But why? The answer lies in the compounds it packs in. Garlic contains several vital nutrients including vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes. It gets its characteristic sulphur smell from the amino acid allicin, and this is responsible for most of its health benefits. Read on to learn more about the health benefits of garlic.
- An excellent anti-oxidant: Research shows conclusively that eating garlic boosts your natural supply of hydrogen sulfide. This gas acts as an antioxidant and helps relax blood vessels and increase blood flow through them, thus promoting cardiovascular health. Higher hydrogen sulphide levels also protect the heart, thereby preventing damage to heart muscle.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: Studies have proved that garlic reduces cholesterol levels, especially LDL and triglycerides by almost 9 to 12 percent.
- Rich in antibacterial and anti-fungal properties: Garlic is a natural antibiotic and can eliminate harmful bacteria while preserving good bacteria. Its allicin content is responsible for its anti-fungal properties.
- Blood thinner: Garlic thins the blood and is an excellent bulwark against heart disease, blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.
- Immune booster: Garlic has strong antiviral properties too. It’s very effective against colds. You can reduce the length and frequency of colds by consuming garlic.
- Lowers atherosclerosis risk: As garlic acts as a blood thinner, it prevents blood clots and destroys plaque, which contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
- Lowers blood pressure: Garlic is used as a remedy for hypertension all over the world, especially in China and Japan.
- Lowers risk of cancer: Certain cancers can be prevented by eating raw garlic. These include cancers of the stomach, colon, oesophagus, pancreas, and breasts.
Now let’s look at the downsides of garlic consumption.
- A few people may be allergic to garlic. They should never eat garlic raw. And, if they get a skin outbreak, high temperature or headache, they should stop consuming garlic. Eating up to 10 cloves a day is ok, but more than this can have unsavory results like indigestion and garlic-breath.
- Indians are great garlic users, but we make a mistake while cooking with garlic. We cook garlic immediately after crushing or chopping it. But, to maximize the health benefits, you should crush the garlic and use it to cook your curries only after letting it to sit for about 15 minutes. This triggers an enzyme reaction in the crushed garlic cloves that boosts healthy compounds in it.
- Also consume raw garlic first thing in the morning without chewing to reap its awesome health benefits.
- If you are scared of garlic breath, you can consume garlic pills, but the resultant data on these supplements has been mixed. There is no clear indication that the active ingredients in garlic responsible for giving it its health punch, remain active in a pill form too.
Hello I am 24 years old female, married. I have little high levels of prolactin that is 44 and I am not pregnant. Is there anything to really worry about. Does it effect in getting pregnant? I am really stressed after knowing this.
Hi, I am 24 years old. I have pcod since 9 years. I used medicines for getting periods alternate years from the age of 18. I also used homeopathy medicine for one year. While using medicines I lost around 5 kgs weight and got regular periods for 6 months and again my periods became irregular and also I gained weight. I got married 6 months ago and trying for baby. Can you please suggest diet and exercises for getting periods regular naturally and conceive early without any complications. My prolactin and thyroid levels are normal in range and haemoglobin 11.5.
Hello Doctor, is it harmful to suck female pussy? My wife doesn't allow me to suck her pussy and she don't lick my duck. Please suggest me.
You might have heard of the eucalyptus oil and the first thing that comes to your mind would be is the treatment of cold. Well, eucalyptus is not just an effective remedy for cold and it is much more than a passing herb that you can miss. Eucalyptus oil can be used as an analgesic, antibacterial, anticatarrhal and anti-inflammatory agent. Let us get on directly with the benefits of using the ever affluent oil.
Benefits of Eucalyptus oil:
- Dental problems: Eucalyptus is naturally minty and it can treat cavities, gingivitis, and in some cases even dental plaque. It has germicidal characteristics and they are very beneficial in fighting dental problems. Nowadays, even many modern toothpastes have a dash of eucalyptus oil as its ingredient. Such is the power of this product.
- Asthma: Asthma attacks can occur at any time. Under those circumstances, massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the chest or you can inhale the aroma directly to breathe better.
- Congestion: Nasal congestion and eucalyptus oil go hand in hand. Add a few drops of oil to the boiled water and inhale the steam to get rid of all your nasal congestions.
- Cooling temperature: Eucalyptus oil cools the body down! It is especially beneficial in the summer months when the instances of heat strokes rises. Apply it directly to your body to maintain your body temperature and to maintain it.
- Cough: You can say goodbye to coughing, sneezing, blocked nose, etc. with the usage of eucalyptus oil. They are also beneficial in curing a variety of ailments from wounds, fevers, and respiratory ailments. You can use them as an overnight ingredient to get a soothing sleep and the aroma can act as a mind relaxant too.
- Diabetes: Eucalyptus oil usage can increase the circulation in diabetic patients. You can also massage eucalyptus oil onto the body and take a bath later to increase the blood circulation.
- Dysentery: Eucalyptus oil is also known to fight against diarrhoea, inflammation, and other infections. Apply raw eucalyptus oil on your abdomen area and massage in a circular motion for the best results.
- Ear inflammation: You should never put essential oil directly into the ear cavity. However, you can easily massage the oil around the ear and outer ear for pain relief. In case if it gets in your ear cavities, seek medical help immediately.
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones can be painful and debilitating. Eucalyptus oil is known to reduce the pain when applied in the kidney areas and massaged.
- Muscle pain: Eucalyptus can act as a natural analgesic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil evenly over the affected area to ease the pain. You can even warm the eucalyptus oil and massage it to soothe the muscle pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.
Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are few symptoms of whooping cough:
- Runny nose and frequent sneezing
- Cough accompanied by a whooping sound
- Frequent vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
Following are few simple steps offered by ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
- Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by ayurveda.
- Ginger juice: Ginger juice is a very effective remedy for curing whooping cough. You may mix the juice with honey or herbal tea.
- Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in ayurveda.
- Cloves: Sometimes cloves can also offer very fast relief from continuous coughing.
- Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to ayurveda.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.
I am 22 year female and have fibroadenomas. A large lump of 3.60 in my left breast. What should I do? I dont want any surgery as it leaves me a scar. Is there any alternative to it? iam so worried and depressed about it.
Infertility is defined when a couple is unable to conceive after six months to one year of trying despite having unprotected sexual intercourse frequently. There are various factors that contribute infertility. The latest research states, of every 100 couples reporting to fertility clinics, 40% are cases of male infertility, 50% are of women, and the remaining 10% of both partners being infertile. According to doctors, stress and infertility are co-related terms. Here are some of the points that will give you an idea how to find out the problems related with infertility.
Many couples become stressful after diagnosed with infertility. Women are more stressed than men. women of 32, working with an MNC, had experienced miscarriage due to stress. She could not get pregnant even after going through IVF treatment. Couples who are trying to get pregnant have additional stress.
Several studies indicate people who work in night shifts are affected more with infertility as compared to men working in day shifts. Their biological clock is poorly disturbed. These people usually sleep during the day. They damage their health further with smoking, caffeine and other drinks which they take during working hours in order to keep themselves awake. Stress at work, sitting for long hours, also contribute reduction in low sperm count.
Factors contributing to stress which causes infertility may also include marital disturbance, job or business stress, financial losses, personal injury or illness, death of a close family member and late marriage.
Sir I am 30 year old women, sir last two days I have been seeing after intercourse some red blood flow from vagina. Please advise.
Sir/mam, We are trying for baby. Now my wife period not come over to 7 days Today we check prega news strip test in early morning. But they show negative result. So please give a suggestion she is pregnent or not.
Hello I am 24 years old and recently married. I am having healthy sex with my husband. I am concerned that I am not getting my periods since one month. And I did not took any I pills nor any protection was taken. Should I get worried or consult a gynec?
My wife's period lasts for5- 6 days with excessive menstruation. What is the reason & treatment regime?
Mere wife ki pregnancy Rokna hai. Abhi wo 45 days se pregnant hai. Sex kiya tha 9 July 2016 tabse usko periods nhi aye. To hame ye bacha nhi chahiye. Hum kya Kare. Konsi medicine le.
Top tips for aiding digestion
Too much food and drink? Keep these useful hints and homeopathic medicines in mind
- Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
- Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
- Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.