Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C AgarwalYour feedback matters!
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.
I'm having pimples in my head. I used katomac shampoo but it didn't give me any relief. Itching is also there in my head due to these pimples. Please help.
Is it wrong to eat raw rice? will it affect pregnancy? or results in any other serious problems. Kindly advise.
Mam, I am newly married, so my husband and I decided to have an intercourse three days before for the ist time. During which I suffered a lot of pain and minor bleeding. We thought it to be natural and so did not bother but its been three days that I have been bleeding. Its not a proper flow, its bleeding very minutely but I am having dis severe lower abdomen pain. I can not stretch my body straight and my stomach also has become a bit hard as if I have some acidity. I feel terrible pain while moving even when I am sleeping. Please assist wt to do.
There are few things more exhausting or more irritating than the four month long Indian summer. With soaring temperatures and the sun raging outside, mangoes and lychees don't seem like much of a silver lining.
So, here are 8 health hacks that will make your summer a little better:
- Replace soft drinks with water: When you are out on the streets or sweating at home, a sweet fizzy drink does seem tempting but try resisting and have a glass of sparkling water instead. The preservatives and chemicals in the soft drinks do nothing to help your metabolism, which is slowed down by dehydration. Add a bit of lemon juice if only water does not appeal to you.
- Try yoghurt instead of ice cream: The primary difference between the two is that one contains cream and the other does not. Yoghurt is lighter and has lesser fat content. Excess fat consumption during summer actually makes you sweat more.
- Use honey instead of butter: Butter like cream has a heavy fat content and your metabolism (which is slower in summer to retain water in the body) takes longer to break fat down. So, ditch butter this summer and spread some honey on your crunchy breakfast toast.
- Stock up on cucumber: Cucumber is an underrated blessing. You can munch on them anytime you like without worrying about calorie intake or stomach aches. Rubbing some cucumber on your skin can soothe sunburns and itches.
- Aloe Vera can work wonders: You must have heard about the boon that aloe vera is when it comes to skincare. It is the best solution to nasty sunburns, especially aloe vera gel frozen in small Ziploc bags, can heal burns and prevent skin peeling and chaffing.
- Lower the pH value of your skin: Application of citrus fruit juices like apples and lemons or vinegar can lower the pH value of our skin and prevent the multiplication of bacteria. This keeps both sweat and body odor away much more effectively than deodorants.
- Make small sacrifices in terms of diet: Some of your favorite things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, sugar and cigarettes are best consumed minimally in summer because they all aggravate the functioning of the apocrine glands and cause sweat and body odor.
- Shower before you workout: One of the good things about summer might be that you have an excuse to skip work out. But, if you start with a cold shower or a swim, or keep a cold, wet towel round your neck, workout can be surprisingly refreshing. You can do the same after your workout, it lowers the body temperature and cooling the muscles can heal soreness very quickly.
I am 28 years old and it's been a year. I got married. I am not getting pregnant. My prolactin test is normal.
I hav iui 9 days ago but still hav no sign of pregnency. I have breast pain every month same after iui.
Fibroids are non-cancerous growth that develop in the uterus in varying sizes. Fibroids do not usually show symptoms, but if they are large they may cause severe pain in the abdomen, heavy menstrual bleeding, bloating, infertility or complications during pregnancy. Several factors may lead to the formation of fibroids, including hormones, family history, and pregnancy.
What is myomectomy?
Myomectomy is the surgical procedure which is used for removing fibroids from the uterus. It is a safe method that allows women to become pregnant in future. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue therapy, performed before myomectomy helps in lowering the estrogen level and also controls anemia by stopping uterine bleeding. The different surgical methods for myomectomy include:
- Hysteroscopy, involving the insertion of a lighted viewing instrument into the uterus
- Laparoscopy, involving the insertion of a lighted viewing instrument and one or more incisions in the abdomen
- Laparotomy, involving a larger incision made in the abdomen
Why is the surgery performed?
Myomectomy treats fibroids while preserving the uterus. It is a viable option for those who have:
- Anemia which cannot be controlled with medicines
- Pain which cannot be tackled with medicines
- A fibroid that can cause infertility or increases the risk of miscarriages
How well does it work?
- Pregnancy: myomectomy is the only treatment for treating fibroids that improve your chances of having a baby. The method is effective for treating submucosal fibroid. A cesarean section is required for delivery after performing a myomectomy.
- Recurrence: recurrence of fibroids after myomectomy is really low. It is possible in rare cases, depending on what the original fibroid problem was. Large and numerous fibroids have a greater risk of recurrence.
So resist that chocolate cake siren, and instead enjoy a sliced apple with a tablespoon of nut butter (like peanut or almond) or fresh fig halves spread with ricotta.
Then sleep sweet, knowing you're still on the right, healthy track.
Me and my girlfriend were physically contacted on 25 of previous month But we did not have sex but I fingered her I do not know weather my pre-cum was on my finger or not. That incident day was her 4th day of period. She was discharging liquid and some day she noticed that a curd type thick liquid is flowing. Now the liquid flowing is completely stopped. She was saying me that, before 1 day or 2 days of her monthly period she use to discharge some liquid. But now no such symptoms are there. Her next period is 23rd of this month and today is 20th. Is it pregnancy? And one more question that can we test pregnancy on kit before her period? Please help us we are very tensed.
I am 27 yr married female. I have pcos from last 2 years. I want to conceive. My medication is going on but it is almost 2 years tht I am taking medicines. I just want to know are there no chances at all of conceiving during pcos.
I made love with my gf without using any precaution And she is 1 week away from her periods So shud she take any measures Like contraceptive pill and all!
My menses are not on time from past 2 month and it remains very low flow only for 2 days, What should I eat to cure my menstrual disorder naturally.
My wife took i pill before 7-8 hours. During sex my condom got broken after that for safety she took one more medicine i pill. Actually we don't want pregnancy now is it effective for protective the pregnancy?
My wife is 20 years old. She has a lot of white discharge and itching on skin near her vaginal opening especially during sex. I use condoms while having sex. Please help. Me with this.
एलर्जीः एक कप गर्म पानी में एक चम्मच शहद तथा आधा चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल मिलाकर सुबह निराहार (भोजन से पूर्व) पी लेना चाहिए, फिर रात में भोजन के बाद उसी प्रकार आधा चम्मच कलौंजी और एक चम्मच शहद गर्म पानी में मिलाकर इस मिश्रण का सेवन कर लेना चाहिए. इस प्रकार 40 दिनों तक प्रतिदिन दो बार पिया जाए. सर्दी के ठंडे पदार्थ वर्जित हैं
. मधुमेहः एक कप काली चाय में आधा चाय का चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल मिलाकर सुबह नाश्ते से पहले पी लेना चाहिए. फिर रात को भोजन के पश्चात सोने से पहले एक कप चाय में एक चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल मिलाकर पी लेना चाहिए. चिकनाई वाले पदार्थों के उपयोग से बचें. इस इलाज के साथ अंगे्रजी दवा का उपयोग होता है तो उसे जारी रखें और बीस दिनों के पश्चात शर्करा की जांच करा लें. यदि शक्कर नार्मल हो गई हो तो अंग्रेजी दवा बंद कर दें, किंतु कलौंजी का सेवन करते रहें.
हृदय रोगः एक कप दूध में आधा चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल मिलाकर प्रतिदिन दो बार प्रयोग करें. इस तरह दस दिनों तक उपचार चलता रहे. चिकनाई वाले पदार्थों का सेवन न करें.
नेत्र रोगों की चिकित्साः नेत्रों की लाली, मोतियाबिंद, आंखों से पानी का जाना, आंखों की तकलीफ और आंखों की नसों का कमजोर होना आदि में एक कप गाजर के जूस में आधा चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल दो चम्मच शहद मिलाकर दिन में दो बार सुबह (निराहार) और रात में सोते समय लेना चाहिए. इस प्रकार 40 दिनों तक इलाज जारी रखें. नेत्रों को धूप की गर्मी से बचाएं.
अपच या पेट दर्द में आप कलौंजी का काढा बनाइये फिर उसमे काला नमक मिलाकर सुबह शाम पीजिये. दो दिन में ही आराम देखिये.
कैंसर के उपचार में कलौजी के तेल की आधी बड़ी चम्मच को एक ग्लास अंगूर के रस में मिलाकर दिन में तीन बार लें.
हृदय रोग, ब्लड प्रेशर और हृदय की धमनियों का अवरोध के लिए जब भी कोई गर्म पेय लें, उसमें एक छोटी चम्मच तेल मिला कर लें.
सफेद दाग और लेप्रोसीः 15 दिन तक रोज पहले सेब का सिरका मलें, फिर कलौंजी का तेल मलें.
एक चाय की प्याली में एक बड़ी चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल डाल कर लेने से मन शांत हो जाता है और तनाव के सारे लक्षण ठीक हो जाते हैं. कलौंजी के तेल को हल्का गर्म करके जहां दर्द हो वहां मालिश करें और एक बड़ी चम्मच तेल दिन में तीन बार लें. 15 दिन में बहुत आराम मिलेगा. एक बड़ी चम्मच कलौंजी के तेल को एक बड़ी चम्मच शहद के साथ रोज सुबह लें, आप तंदुरूस्त रहेंगे और कभी बीमार नहीं होंगे; स्वस्थ और निरोग रहेंगे .
याददाश्त बढाने के लिए और मानसिक चेतना के लिए एक छोटी चम्मच कलौंजी का तेल 100 ग्राम उबले हुए पुदीने के साथ सेवन करें.
पथरी हो तो कलौंजी को पीस कर पानी में मिलाइए फिर उसमे शहद मिलाकर पीजिये, १०-११ दिन प्रयोग करके टेस्ट करा लीजिये.कम न हुई हो तो फिर १०-११ दिन पीजिये. किसी को बार-बार हिचकी आ रही हो तो कलौंजी के चुटकी भर पावडर को ज़रा से शहद में मिलकर चटा दीजिये.
अगर किसी को पागल कुत्ते ने काट लिया हो तो आधा चम्मच से थोडा कम करीब तीन ग्राम कलौंजी को पानी में पीस कर पिला दीजिये, एक दिन<में एक ही बार ३-४ दिन करे.
जुकाम परेशान कर रहा हो तो इसके बीजों को गरम कीजिए ,मलमल के कपडे में बांधिए और सूंघते रहिये. दो दिन में ही जुकाम और सर दर्द दोनों गायब . कलौंजी की राख को पानी से निगलने से बवासीर में बहुत लाभ होता है.
कलौंजी का उपयोग चर्म रोग की दवा बनाने में भी होता है. कलौंजी को पीस कर सिरके में मिलकर पेस्ट बनाए और मस्सों पर लगा लीजिये. मस्से कट जायेंगे. मुंहासे दूर करने के लिए कलौंजी और सिरके का पेस्ट रात में मुंह पर लगा कर सो जाएँ.
गैस/पेट फूलने की समस्या --50 ग्राम जीरा, 25 ग्राम अजवायन, 15 ग्राम कलौंजी अलग-अलग भून कर पीस लें और उन्हें एक साथ मिला दें. अब 1 से 2 चम्मच मीठा सोडा, 1 चम्मच सेंधा नमक तथा 2 ग्राम हींग शुद्ध घी में पका कर पीस लें. सबका मिश्रण तैयार कर लें. गुनगुने पानी की सहायता से 1 या आधा चम्मच खाएं.
The vagina is a home to number of different types of fungi that under normal conditions are harmless. However, if the immune system is weakened, the Candida fungus can multiply and lead to a yeast infection or vaginal thrush. This condition is marked by the inflammation of the vagina and vulva along with itchiness in the vagina, discharge and a burning sensation while urinating.
Vaginal Candidiasis can be very well controlled with Homeopathic remedies. The recurrence of Vaginal Candidiasis can also be prevented with suitable Homeopathic remedies. Homeopathic medicines, which are made from natural substances, help to extract the disease from its root by raising the body’s immunity. When the immune system gets strongly empowered with Homeopathic remedies, the flourishing of fungus in vagina gets halted. As the fungus growth gradually declines, the symptoms also disappear along with it.
Homeopathy is an excellent way of treating this infection. As it has negligible side effects it is safe to use for both children and adults. Homeopathic treatment of this condition also prevents it from recurring by extracting the root cause of the infection and boosting the body’s immunity. Some popular homeopathic remedies for Vaginal Candidiasis are:
Sepia and Calcarea Carb: These are often prescribed in cases where there is a white vaginal discharge. Sepia is prescribed in cases where women also complain of itchiness that is not resolved by scratching, soreness and swelling of the labia minora, vulva and vagina, heat in the genital area and excoriation of the vulva. In cases where the discharge worsens after passing urine or where the discharge is accompanied by burning and itchiness is the genitals, calcarea carb is prescribed. Here, a woman may find her symptoms worsening before and after periods and may notice swelling and redness of the vulva and vagina.
Pulsatilla: Vaginal candidiasis that is characterised by a creamy vaginal discharge can be treated with pulsatilla. The discharge is usually also accompanied by burning and itchiness in the genital area and experienced throughout the month. Some women also complain of a backache and may experience an absence of thirst along with the desire for cool air.
Thuja and Nitric Acid: This is used to treat cases of Vaginal Candidiasis accompanied by excessive soreness and ulcers in the vulva and vagina. Thuja is prescribed especially in cases where there is excessive discomfort in the form of burning sensations in the vulva and vagina. Nitric acid is helpful in cases where a stitching pain is prominent and there is a complain of irritation in the genital area. A white vaginal discharge may also leave behind a yellow stain in such cases.
Monilia Albicans: This is used when there is a presence of cracks or fissures in the vagina or vulva accompanied by itchiness. Some women may also notice the presence of vesicular eruptions that contain fluid on the vulva or vagina.
Helonias: This is used to treat cases marked by a curd-like the deposit in the vulva. The patient may also complain of inflammation and redness of the genital area along with sensations of heat and burning. A backache, weakness and prostration are other common symptoms that can be addressed by this homeopathic remedy. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have got pink spotting for one day during my periods my period date was 14 June but came on 9 June with one-day pink spotting and nothing till now ,regular I bleed for 4 days in periods, is this a sign of pregnancy.
1.Neck Retraction – Bring the head straight back, keeping your eyes forward then return to a neutral position.
2.Head Drop – Tip your head back as far as it can comfortably go pointing your chin toward the ceiling. Return to a neutral position.
3.Side Bend – Reach over the top of your head with your left hand and gently pull your left ear to your left shoulder. Repeat for the right side.
4.Rotation – Turn your head to the left so that your nose is over your shoulder. Return to a neutral position. Repeat on the right side.
5.Flexion – Clasp your hands behind your head and guide the head down – bringing your chin toward your the chest.
6.Shoulder Blade Pull – Bend raised arms at 90 degree angles. Relax your shoulders and squeeze the muscles between the shoulder blades.