Doctor in Burlington Clinic - India Best Sexologist
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be inspiring, practical, professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. Nice very good article
Dr. Shriyans Jain provides answers that are knowledgeable. B
I was suffering from erection problems for such a long time. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the erection problems is something else. No matter how critical be the situation, Dr shriyans jain is always very calm. Overall erection problems treatment was very effective. He is quite famous sexologist in New Delhi. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Shriyans Jaindr . The clinic all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. I am so thankful that Shriyans Jain has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my erectile dysfunction. Thanks to him I am much better now. The nurses at the dr S. K. Jain's Burlington Clinic Pvt. Ltd were really helpful. The overall outlook of the dr S. K. Jain's Burlington Clinic Pvt. Ltd was very nice. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Shriyans Jain has treated my completely. With great ease Shriyans Jain explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out.
I was shocked to know that i was suffering from erectile dysfunction . The lab in the dr S. K. Jain's Clinic Pvt. Ltd was very clean and well managed. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my erectile dysfunction. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. The overall atmosphere in the Clinic is very soothing. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. In the very first sitting, they told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my nightfall. He is very patient with all his patients. I never get sick, but then last year i started developing these symptoms. My boss referred me this Shriyans Jain. The overall atmosphere in the Dr S. K. Jain's Burlington Clinic Pvt. Ltd is very soothing. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call him, and Shriyans Jain still takes my call in case of any emergency. Shriyans Jain has expert knowledge in the field.
I feel strange that I am suffering from male sexual problems. One of my neighbour referred Dr Shriyans. Even though he is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend him to anyone gladly. The overall atmosphere in the Burlington Clinic is very soothing. S
Thanks to him I am much better now. I was having this premature ejaculation. During the treatment, Dr Jain supported me a lot. The overall atmosphere in the Burlington Clinic is very soothing. In the very first sitting, Shriyans Jain clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I was having this masturbation addiction, and for its treatment I consulted Dr Shriyans. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. He is quite knowledgeable sexologist. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. The complete process of masturbation addiction treatment was
I had a small penis size due to which I was worried. In past I consultde may doctors but I was not getting to see any improvement. Atlast, I visited Burlington clinic.They have great team of doctors and have expert knowledge in sexology. The treatment was amazing an I can see considerable changes in myself post treatment.
All of sudden I developed this male sexual problems and didn't know what to do. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. The male sexual treatment given by Dr Shriyans has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Thanks for the expert care and guidance.
I was in too much pain because of masturbation addiction, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. One of my friends referred Burlington clinic. They have a great team of doctors and the way they treated me was outstanding. I am back to my normal self post the treatment.
I am so much benefitted with his premature ejaculation treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. I was suffering from premature ejaculation. Burlington Clinic's staff were very helpful. They never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. A friend of mine referred to Burlington Clinic.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have male sexual problems. I visited Burlington Clinic which is a famous sexology clinic in India. Though the treatment took time but still I am quite benefitted with it. I owe them a big thank for treating me so patiently.
I had a small penis size due to which I was worried. I was unable to find any solution to this problem. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Shriyans. Over the period of time the small penis size treatment has helped me a lot. He is a very practical doctor. He has in depth knowledge in sexology.
It's been more than a year that I was experiencing UTI. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable. I visited Burlington clinic. It has great and experienced taem of doctors. I am happy that I chose to consult them. I am quite benefitted with their treatment.
I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Burlington Clinic's perfect advice. . The atmosphere in the clinic is always so positive and full of life. During the treatment for penile disorders, i felt verry comfortable
I was having tight foreskin problem for which I visited Burlington clinic. They have great team of specialized sexologist. I am quite benefitted with their treatment. The overall outlook of the clinic was excellent.
Burlington Clinic - India Best Sexologist Clinic provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned and caring. Thanks doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be knowledgeable. Inspiring.. And helpfull
Dr. Shriyans Jain provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks so much
Your fantasies might have taken a backseat for the time being or might have remained silenced for more than a while. The other processes of your usual life go on perfectly except for a few changes that you either consider as minute or you attribute them to any cause other than lowered libido (interest in sex).
Loss of libido can create hurdles in a man as well as a woman's life and thus should be corrected at the earliest possible. Even if you don't care much about an impaired sex life, libido loss can affect your overall health that can prove to be harmful in the long run.
Some may say that it’s all in the mind. Yes, but to a certain extent only. Considering the following causes, you would agree that it is not always in the mind that one loses interest in sex.
The common causes of decreased libido can be listed as below:
While in males, testosterone levels may sharply drop due to aging, in females the estrogen levels may drop after surgeries pertaining to the vaginal tract, after menopause or after childbirth and subsequent breast- feeding.
Exhaustion from prolonged office work or extensive travelling.
An instance of sexual abuse in the past can result in lowered libido.
A lousy lifestyle where you either smoke or drink regularly can prevent you from experiencing sexual desires.
Irregular sleep patterns can be a contributing factor as well.
Ways to deal with your libido loss:
Make significant efforts to change your lifestyle. If you have an erratic lifestyle, sexual dysfunction is almost inevitable. You need to follow a routine to prohibit your libido from deterioration.
Meditate and/or workout daily. Indulge in brisk walk, jogging, yoga, light exercises, swimming, play games like, badminton, table tennis, squash, etc. Over a period of time, it can restore your interest in sexual activities.
Try and reduce the stress level from your life. Spend quality time together and with family. Take time out for a movie, an event, a long drive, or a vacation. Share your day’s activities with each other.
Eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Cut down on drinking and smoking and gradually give them up completely.
Take at least 8 hours of sleep so as to wake up latest by 6:00 in the morning.
A counseling by a good sexologist can help to a great extent in overcoming this problem. A major part of my treatment for libido loss consists of Counselling. Many of my patients are now happy to revive their sexual life through my treatment. One can consult me in private if they want to say goodbye to Loss of Libido.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are the infections that spread primarily from unprotected sexual intercourse or any kind of sexual contact. Men, like women, are equally prone to contracting STDs on having unprotected sexual intercourse; anal, vaginal or oral. Having multiple sex partners just increases the risks of it. So, you need to consult a specialist sexologist if anything these sort of things happening to you:
Common STD Symptoms in Men
- Blisters on or around penis
- Spots, bumps or lesions on the penis
- Discharge (clear, white, or yellow)
- Oozing from the tip of the penis (thick or thin)
- Painful urination
- Painful ejaculation
- Itching on the tip of the penis
- Rash on the penis, testicles, or groin
Here is a list of STDs for men
- Chlamydia- Chlamydia is a type of bacterial STD transmitted during oral, anal or vaginal sex with an already infected person. Some of the symptoms of Chlamydia in men are swollen testicles, penile discharge or pain while urinating.
- Gonorrhea- This is another bacterial infection, majorly affecting the urethra, anus or the throat and primarily spreads through vaginal, oral or anal sex with someone already suffering from it. The symptoms are quite similar to those of Chlamydia.
- Hepatitis B- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) is the cause of the disease Hepatitis B and can cause severe inflammation of the liver. It spreads from one person to the other on coming into contact with the bodily fluids or blood of the person affected. Few signs of Hepatitis B include jaundice, vomiting, nausea, body aches, mild fever, lethargy and appetite loss.
- Herpes (Simplex) - It is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV) and generally tends to develop on or near to the mouth and the genitals. Primarily, herpes spreads through direct contact with the genitals or mouth of a person already diagnosed with the same.
- Syphilis- Another bacterial Sexually Transmitted Disease, unprotected oral, vaginal and anal sex are the primary carriers of this disease. It is considered to be one of the most serious STDs because the risks of contracting HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) get magnified once infected with Syphilis.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) - In men, HPV is capable of causing cancers in the throat, anus or the penis. It is either passed on through skin-to-skin or unprotected sexual contact with an infected partner.
Many people can be infected with an STD without experiencing any visible symptoms. This means that practicing safe sex is crucial if you want to prevent STD infection.
The only way to completely prevent an STD is abstinence from any type of sexual contact or contact with open sores and bodily fluids of an infected person. But there are other ways to prevent STDs too.
Condoms during intercourse and dental dams or barriers during oral sex are proven effective when used correctly. Refraining from sex with multiple partners and instead opting for a monogamous sexual relationship can also help to prevent STDs.To understand it better and get treated you can always consult a sexologist.
Sexual intercourse for humans is not only a reproductive act, but is also considered to be an emotional and pleasurable act. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse also known as vaginismus. This not only hampers the pleasure, but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Vaginismus / Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence, or a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginiosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain/ discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
Vaginal dryness- Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short-lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
Improper vaginal expansion- The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
Vaginal itching caused by infection- Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things, and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
Emotional issues including fear of sex, marital issues/ disputes, etc are also leading cause of painful sex
However, symptoms vary from the common ones mentioned above, it is always advisable to consult a experienced doctor including a gynecologist, sexologist or sexual counselor.
Role of sexual counselor is very important, as he she can offer Sex therapy in the form of counseling, brief psychoanalysis, or behavioural therapy .This can help to address any underlying psychological issues, such as fear or anxiety, tackle any irrational beliefs that you have about sex, educate you about sex.
Also, some special techniques can be taught eventually stop your vagina closing involuntarily, such as using vaginal trainers and pelvic floor exercises
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
All About Penile Implants
Penile implants are devices placed inside the penis to help men with erectile dysfunction get an erection. Penile implants are usually advised whenever other treatments for Erectile Dysfunction (ED) fail. The two main types of penile implants are semi-rigid and inflatable. They have their own ways of working and their own pros and cons.
Why penile implants?
In most cases, ED can be treated with the help of medications and a penis pump. Doctors may advise penile implants only if you do not get satisfactory results using other methods and medications. Although penile implants help you to get an erection, they don't increase your sexual desire, neither will your penis size increase from what it used to be.
What are the risks involved?
- Infection: You might be at the risks of severe infection if you have spinal cord injury or diabetes. Men who need revision surgery of their implants are at a higher risk than their first surgery.
- Implant problems: In rare cases, implants may not work properly. In some semirigid devices, the internal parts might break over time; in inflatable devices, the pump might fail and fluid might leak.
- Internal erosion: In few cases, the implant might stick to the skin of your penis, or can wear away the skin from inside the penis.
Types of Penile Implants:
1. Inflatable implants - These are the most common types of implants used, which can be inflated for erection, and deflated at other times. Inflatable implants are usually of two types- 'three-piece inflatable implants' and 'two-piece inflatable implants'.
The pros of 'three-piece inflatable implants' are-
a) Provides flaccidity when deflated
b) Gives the most natural, firm erections
The pros of 'two-piece inflatable implants' are-
a) Requires less complicated surgery than the 'three-piece'.
b) Provides flaccidity when deflated
2. Semi-rigid implants
These devices are always firm, resulting in the penis being bent away from the body for sexual activity and towards the body for concealment.
The pros of 'semi-rigid implants' are-
a) Is easy to surgically implant
b) Has a low chance of malfunctioning
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Watching porn can be pleasurable and invoke your intimate desires. Since talking about intimate relations is considered as a taboo and most children in our country don’t receive proper education, they resort to porn videos that give them a false idea of reality. Little do they know that the actual acts are nothing like the ones they see in these adult videos. Looking at men with chiseled bodies, women with hourglass figures and extremely spicy sex lives can, unfortunately, lower your confidence. After all, not everyone can attain these. Nonetheless, one can always engage in the act of self-satisfaction or masturbation by watching these videos. Masturbation is one of the underrated pleasures of the world and pornography does the trick here; it not only gets you sexually aroused but also helps you in reaching an utterly satisfying climax.
These thought process may include the habit of watching porn. Wait! Did you say Porn? Now before we jump to conclusion and sing hymns that porn is bad for you, let us look at it from a different perspective. Sure it could have a negative impact if you are addicted to it, but let’s say for a minute that you have a habit of watching porn occasionally. Is it really that bad for you as spread across in social circles? Let’s find out!
Watching porn: Ask any kid why he would want to watch porn and almost two out of three answers would be that they need a quick fix in their “Me Time”. Our human brain varies a lot and though everyone would disregard this, our mind always yearns for variance and adventure. Porn in a way gives this to them. The experience of watching something new or something which is not the usual norm accelerates the hormone process and this directly makes you cum earlier. Of course, this may pave the way for premature ejaculation and can also affect your libido levels. But that is a topic for a different discussion.
Positive consequences of Watching Porn: One of the few good things about porn is that it determines what scintillates you and what type of guy you are. It also in a way allows you to develop standards while pleasing a woman. Love making is not just an ejaculation process. It is rightly called an art. Do explore more and porn if channelled in a right way can actually be good for you. However, there is a very thin line between good and the bad side of porn. Just make sure that you are not addicted to it.
Increased Sexual Energy: Almost 75% of the population would get excited about porn. Psychologists say that this is not a bad thing and they can channel this need into a positive sexual energy. Porn can increase your libido levels and if you combine this with deep inner exercises like meditation and breathing exercises, then you can be greatly benefited by it. Though it sounds a bit absurd, experts would like us to try it out.
Last Longer: While porn can make you come earlier, alternatively it can help you relax and you can take your time to get an orgasm. This happens in the advanced stages and you need to know a couple of factors before you get to this level. One is you need to know your limit and the permissible lines when you watch porn. Second, don’t overdo porn. These might take some years to practice but once you have mastered it, porn can actually be an alleviating experience for you with mental harmony and peace. You can also go for ayurvedic treatment package for masturbation.
Many of the sexual issues are primarily not big problems. However, because of the taboo and inhibition around them, they are not discussed openly, hence they also fail to get resolved and become bigger. In fact most of the times there are no visible symptoms of any functional problems. Many of them are very basic issues and because of ignorance, myths, and social taboos lead to development of anxieties, distress and further worsening of the problem.
Often men are concerned about their performance in bed with their partner. They worry about- how best then can do, masturbation habits, size of penis and sperm quality.
Consequences of Premature ejaculation (PE):
Both you and your partner may end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can significantly increase anxiety, which may deteriorate the problem.
PE is one such sexual issue. It's not a disease; Not at all..!!
If a person is sexually fit and experiences normal erections but just fail to hold the orgasm/ discharge for reasonable time then he is suffering from premature ejaculation. It's a very normal problem, which if managed properly it can be easily resolved.
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature (early) ejaculation is also referred to as rapid ejaculation; also called as early discharge. PE is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups.
If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from your penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE. The Mayo clinic at the United States defines PE as a condition in which a man “always or nearly always ejaculates within one minute of penetration."
Instances of PE:
An occasional instance of premature ejaculation might not be cause of concern, but, if the problem occurs more than 50% of attempted sexual relations signifies existence of abnormal pattern for which treatment is required.
Premature ejaculation takes place with negligible sexual stimulation and even before the desire to ejaculate. Another way of describing PE by most therapist or clinicians is the occurrence of ejaculation sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like. This broad definition thus avoids specifying a precise “normal” duration for sexual activity and reaching a climax. The duration of sexual activity is highly variable and depends on various factors specific to each individual. Take a situation, a male may reach orgasm after 7 to 8 minutes of sexual intercourse, but if his partner is able to achieve climax mostly in 5 minutes and both are satisfied with this timing, then this is not defined as PE.
Alternatively, a male might delay his ejaculation for up to 15- 20 minutes of sexual intercourse, but if his partner, even with foreplay, requires 25-30 minutes of total sexual activity before reaching climax, he may still consider his ejaculation premature because his partner has not been satisfied (at least, not through intercourse). But in routine practice this kind of situation is NOT called as PE. So every individual and every couple is unique. Same individual may have different sexual behaviour with different partners and different circumstances. Varied situations and varied places of performing the act have a vital role to play in determining the outcomes of individual sexual performances.
Enlargement of the prostate is a condition that can happen as you tend to get older. This can be treated with medications. However, did you know that the problem can be indirectly related to your performance in bed? It is true and read ahead to get acquainted with more knowledge.
Studies show that the urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate can be one of the causes of erectile dysfunction. Getting up many times in a night to urinate can also indirectly affect this. Once the prostate enlarges due to old age or due to an underlying condition it affects the flow of urine. This increases the need to urinate frequently or prolonged time duration when passing out urine. Studies conducted have identified that this impacts your sexual life to a vast degree. Simply put, your urinary symptoms decrease the level of sexual activity.
When your thought process is on constant need to urinate enlarges, you might be physically less tolerant towards your sexual urges. Also, the sensation may be enough to put off any guy during the act. Prostate enlargement also affects your libido levels and can decrease the healthy sperm count. Prostrates important job is to aid the addition of semen to the sperm.
Some of the common symptoms a person undergoes when facing a prostate enlargement include a feeling of urgency, a need to urinate frequently, waking up many times in the middle of the night to urinate, a weak urine stream and straining to urinate. These lead to sexual deficiencies such as little or no erection during a sexual activity and sexual dissatisfaction and sexual problems. It can also be rightly summarized that this predominantly affects the old age men and these are something which a person may have to accept as a result of old age.
Prostate enlargement can be treated and you might have to undertake a dosage of medications for such conditions. A range of treatment options are available to deal with the enlarged glands. It depends vastly on your age and the conditions of your lifestyle you live in. You can choose to opt for a minimally invasive same-day procedure that will surely help you relieve the symptoms. Most people also do take up ayurvedic treatments for prostate enlargement which are very helpful. Do talk with your doctor before you go in for such ayurvedic remedies.
Herbs In Ayurveda That Help In Erectile Dysfunction!
- Asphaltum(Shilajit): The Ayurvedic herb Shilajit has been popular since ages for its wonderful effects on the male libido. The fertility rates and sperm counts increase multi-fold with the usage of Shilajit. Ayurvedic physicians recommend Shilajit herb for improving stamina and energy levels in males thereby helping them feel more powerful and efficient when working out.
- Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha): It is a great antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to promote overall well-being of the body and nourishes it with strength and immunity.
- Tribulus Terrestris(Gokhshura): Tribulus is a wonderful herb for strength and stamina. It helps improve the immunity which enhances the self-esteem and self-confidence in men. Tribulus herb for prostate health and power helps improve erectile dysfunction.
5 Yoga Poses for Erectile Dysfunction
The yogic techniques are also known to improve your testosterone levels and increase blood flow to your pelvic region, helping you treat erectile dysfunction and enhance your sex life. Try these yoga poses to promote to manage ED.
- Paschimottanasana: This posture can help relax pelvic muscles that are tense from sitting for long periods of time.
- Uttanasana: This is a staple in many yoga routines. This intense stretch may help you with anxiety. It even helps with infertility while also improving digestion and stimulating the organs in the abdomen.
- Baddha Konasana: You may have heard this as a Butterfly Pose. Along with stretching the inner thighs and groin, it stimulates the prostate gland along with the bladder, the kidneys, and the organs in the abdomen.
- Janu Sirsasana: Head-to-knee pose is the most effective when performed on an empty stomach. It helps with your flexibility, especially in the hamstring muscles, thighs, back and hips. It also helps with blood flow in the lower abdomen and groin.
Dietary changes such as the inclusion of ghee, nuts, urad (black gram) lentil and sweet items reported help in the cure of erectile dysfunction. Hot and spicy foods should be avoided as they can upset the doshas of the body and impede treatment.
As many as 30-40 % men across the world including India experience problem of PE at some time of life. In Part 1, we learnt about the condition called Premature Ejaculation (PE). In this 2nd part, let’s understand about it’s diagnosis & types of PE - why and how it happens.
How to Diagnose PE:
The specific criteria for premature (early) ejaculation are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activity, the experience of ejaculation occurring during sexual intercourse within 1 minute after vaginal penetration and before the individual wishes it.
- The problem has persisted for at least 6 months and is a cause of mental stress to the person.
- The dysfunction cannot be better explained by any other nonsexual mental disorder, any medical disease, the effects of a drug or medication, etc
Severity of PE:
The severity of premature (early) ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild (occurring within approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute of vaginal penetration)
- Moderate (occurring within approximately 15-30 seconds of vaginal penetration)
- Severe (occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of sexual activity, or within approximately 15 seconds of vaginal penetration). In such cases conception will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
TYPES and Characteristics of P.E :
Premature ejaculation can be Chronic (lifelong) or Acquired (recent).
- Chronic PE: With chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
- Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed PE.
What are the Causes?
The causes of PE can be divided into two broad sub-heads, which are psychological or biological cause:
1. Psychological Causes:
Premature ejaculation is believed to be a psychological problem and does not represent any known organic / physical disease involving the male reproductive organs or any known defect in the brain or nervous system. It is usually due to a pattern that is hard to change and is a result of your previous sexual experiences.
One of the most common reason is childhood habit of reaching climax/ ejaculation quickly because of fear of discovery when masturbating or during early sexual experiences with a female partner. This pattern of rapid attainment of sexual release is difficult to change in later stage of life (in marriage or long-term relationships).
Other reasons are situations in which one may have hurried climax/ ejaculation in order to hide any problem or feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters. Also, psychological causes include anxiety and relationship issues which can also result from deep anxiety about sex that relates to bad experiences encountered by the patient during development (eg: incest, sexual assault, conflict with parents, etc ).
2. Biological Causes:
A number of researchers have found differences in nervous stimulations and hormonal differences in men who experience premature ejaculation compared with individuals who do not.
Some believe that some men have hyper-excitability or oversensitivity of their genitalia.
Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system can be attributed to:
- Thyroid problems; infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate.
- Nerve damage occurring due to trauma or surgery (a very rare cause).
- Abnormal levels of hormones and/or neurotransmitters (chemicals present in the brain)
- Higher free and total testosterone levels or varied other biochemical markers
Premature Ejaculation (PE) is considered when a man can't 'last' for longer than five minutes. It is the release or ejaculation of semen sooner than he would like during a sexual encounter with his partner. Premature ejaculation can be a result of several physical and psychological factors.
If the condition has become a cause of worry for you, then these tips can come to your rescue:
- Avoiding substance abuse: Doctors usually recommend avoiding excessive consumption of alcohol so that the senses are more alert. Also, one must completely avoid smoking in such conditions, as tobacco can have an adverse effect on the sexual health of a person. Other substance abuse should also be avoided.
- Relaxation techniques: One can practise breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques including meditation that can help in distracting the mind so that there is less scope of anxiety. This can also help in putting the patient in the right frame of mind where he can actually enjoy the process of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement to peak and orgasm.
- Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises can help both men and women with their sexual problems. In men, these help to strengthen the pubococcygeus muscle by repeated contraction and relaxation. The pubococcygeus muscle helps to control urination too. If you use the same technique when you are close to an orgasm, you can delay your ejaculation.
- Squeeze technique: This technique is used to reduce excessive and rapid rate of arousal. When you are close to orgasm, you can squeeze the base of the penis to curb the erection somewhat so that it can build up again. This will automatically delay ejaculation. It is a good idea to practice this technique on your own first and then try it with your partner.
- Reduce stress: The stress hormones in your body prevent the secretion of testosterone which is responsible for your sex drive. Alcohol, tobacco or nicotine and other illegal drugs used to combat stress can also have an adverse effect on your sexual arousal and cause premature ejaculation.