Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be inspiring, practical, professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. Nice very good article
Dr. Shriyans Jain provides answers that are knowledgeable. B
I was suffering from erection problems for such a long time. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the erection problems is something else. No matter how critical be the situation, Dr shriyans jain is always very calm. Overall erection problems treatment was very effective. He is quite famous sexologist in New Delhi. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Shriyans Jaindr . The clinic all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. I am so thankful that Shriyans Jain has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my erectile dysfunction. Thanks to him I am much better now. The nurses at the dr S. K. Jain's Burlington Clinic Pvt. Ltd were really helpful. The overall outlook of the dr S. K. Jain's Burlington Clinic Pvt. Ltd was very nice. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Shriyans Jain has treated my completely. With great ease Shriyans Jain explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out.
I was shocked to know that i was suffering from erectile dysfunction . The lab in the dr S. K. Jain's Clinic Pvt. Ltd was very clean and well managed. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my erectile dysfunction. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. The overall atmosphere in the Clinic is very soothing. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. In the very first sitting, they told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my nightfall. He is very patient with all his patients. I never get sick, but then last year i started developing these symptoms. My boss referred me this Shriyans Jain. The overall atmosphere in the Dr S. K. Jain's Burlington Clinic Pvt. Ltd is very soothing. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call him, and Shriyans Jain still takes my call in case of any emergency. Shriyans Jain has expert knowledge in the field.
I feel strange that I am suffering from male sexual problems. One of my neighbour referred Dr Shriyans. Even though he is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend him to anyone gladly. The overall atmosphere in the Burlington Clinic is very soothing. S
Thanks to him I am much better now. I was having this premature ejaculation. During the treatment, Dr Jain supported me a lot. The overall atmosphere in the Burlington Clinic is very soothing. In the very first sitting, Shriyans Jain clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I was having this masturbation addiction, and for its treatment I consulted Dr Shriyans. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. He is quite knowledgeable sexologist. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. The complete process of masturbation addiction treatment was
I had a small penis size due to which I was worried. In past I consultde may doctors but I was not getting to see any improvement. Atlast, I visited Burlington clinic.They have great team of doctors and have expert knowledge in sexology. The treatment was amazing an I can see considerable changes in myself post treatment.
All of sudden I developed this male sexual problems and didn't know what to do. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. The male sexual treatment given by Dr Shriyans has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Thanks for the expert care and guidance.
I was in too much pain because of masturbation addiction, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. One of my friends referred Burlington clinic. They have a great team of doctors and the way they treated me was outstanding. I am back to my normal self post the treatment.
I am so much benefitted with his premature ejaculation treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. I was suffering from premature ejaculation. Burlington Clinic's staff were very helpful. They never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. A friend of mine referred to Burlington Clinic.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have male sexual problems. I visited Burlington Clinic which is a famous sexology clinic in India. Though the treatment took time but still I am quite benefitted with it. I owe them a big thank for treating me so patiently.
I had a small penis size due to which I was worried. I was unable to find any solution to this problem. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Shriyans. Over the period of time the small penis size treatment has helped me a lot. He is a very practical doctor. He has in depth knowledge in sexology.
It's been more than a year that I was experiencing UTI. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable. I visited Burlington clinic. It has great and experienced taem of doctors. I am happy that I chose to consult them. I am quite benefitted with their treatment.
I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Burlington Clinic's perfect advice. . The atmosphere in the clinic is always so positive and full of life. During the treatment for penile disorders, i felt verry comfortable
I was having tight foreskin problem for which I visited Burlington clinic. They have great team of specialized sexologist. I am quite benefitted with their treatment. The overall outlook of the clinic was excellent.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shriyans Jain to be knowledgeable. Inspiring.. And helpfull
Dr. Shriyans Jain provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks so much
better than all doctor
Once is good, twice is better, multiple times , oh is even better. You must have heard about the desire to reach the pinnacle of pleasure multiple times. According to Rachel Carlton Abrams, the co-author of the book named 'The Multi Orgasmic Woman', an average woman is inherently able to climax multiple times. Reaching the climax more than once is not something you should be shy about.
Here are a few tips which can help you reach the climax multiple times:
- Do not be prepared for only one: Never ever be just single-minded. If you prepare yourself for only one orgasm, chances are high that you will not be able to have another after that. If your expectations are limited, then the possibility of you limiting your body to only one orgasm is high. Do not switch of your body mentally or sexually after reaching one climax. You have to be open-minded and be expectant towards being aroused again. If you have the right attitude, then that's the first step towards multiple orgasms.
- Foreplay is necessary: The second key to having multiple climaxes depends on how much time you devote to foreplay. Foreplay is extremely necessary as that will enable both you and your partner to attune your bodies for another climax. You might even reach your climax while your partner is still at the foreplay. Also make sure that you and your partner work towards your second orgasms slowly. Do not hurry too much as that might just mess up the entire experience.
- Exercise regularly: Kegel exercises are usually done to keep the pelvic region fit. If you want to experience multiple orgasms, make sure that you keep your pelvic region fit and fine. Flex your uterine muscles to tighten them; after holding it for some time, loosen them. Do this routine a couple of times. If you combine it with the pelvic connecting crunch, then you will be able to get the maximum out of your next orgasm.
- Take small gaps: It is usually better to keep a small time gap after you have reached one orgasm. It helps to calm you down and your partner sexually. After reaching the climax once, both you and your partner are going to be extremely sensitive to go for another round immediately. Hence if you both take a short break before working up to another climax, it will help you reach the peak.
So, if you still thought that reaching climax multiple times was something very difficult, well now you know it isn't. Try the above methods out and you will get to know why.
Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) is treatable. The condition improves with treatment and lifestyle changes. While there are a plethora of medical options to treat impotence, there are some simple, easy-to-follow natural remedies as well. Here is a list of six such methods:
- Walk a mile: When it comes to impotence, walking two miles a day greatly helps in countering impotence. A brisk walk in the morning or evening helps to reduce weight and intervenes in cutting down obesity. A study in 2005 showed that a healthier lifestyle can improve or even reverses impotence. A person with a 42 inch waistline is far more likely to suffer from ED than a person with a waistline of 32 inches. Maintaining a healthy weight is, therefore, a good way to treat impotence.
- Moving the nether regions: Kegel exercises are known to be conducive for a good erection and better sexual performance. The bulbocavernosus muscle gets strengthened with this exercise. The bulbocavernosus muscle serves three purposes as they help the penis to engorge blood, empties the urethra post urination and pumps during ejaculation. Some other remedies include wearing loose pants, quitting smoking and alcohol, etc.
- Herbal Viagra: Red ginseng is considered to be the herbal Viagra because of its high effectiveness. A 2005 study showed that a dosage of 600–1,000 mg per day greatly helped in countering ED. This can be found in the form of a supplement. If plants are to be used, it should be ensured that the tree is at least five years old.
- Amino acid: The body possesses L-arginine that is naturally found in the body and helps in erection. Nitric acid relaxes the blood vessels in the body and sustains an erection for a longer duration. Consumption of high dosage of amino acid (5 mg/day) for six weeks can prove to be extremely beneficial in treating impotence. It should be ensured that a doctor is consulted before starting this course. Patients with a medical condition should not consume amino acid unless specifically prescribed by the doctor to do so.
- Watermelon juice: A citrulline is a form of amino acid that is found in abundant quantities in one slice of watermelon. This is a type of amino acid which is found to be extremely effective in improving the flow of blood to the penis. A 2011 study showed that a watermelon fetches very good result in improving ED.
- Acupuncture: A study conducted in 1999 showed that acupuncture improves erection in more than 39%of the people. This alternative therapy relaxes the mind and helps a person to get more involved while having sex. While there are mixed results of this alternative therapy, it is definitely worth a try to improve ED or impotence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Anorgasmia, also known as Coughlan's syndrome, is a form of dysfunction, which deters your performance in bed. It is defined as the inability of a patient to achieve an orgasm even with adequate stimulation. Anorgasmia may also refer to long delays in achieving an orgasm, causing significant concern or stress to the patient. This condition is more commonly seen in women, especially those in the postmenopausal age group.This is especially common in women.
Cause of Anorgasmia:
- Trauma to the genital or pelvic organs; this trauma can be acquired from straddle injuries, for example falling off a balance beam or a bicycle
- Complications of surgery in the pelvic area
- Gynecologic operations, difficult childbirth and prosthetic procedures
- Diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and diabetes mellitus
- Psychological conditions such as anxiety, depression or alcoholism
- Certain kinds of drugs such as antidepressant medications
- Addiction to heroin and other opiates
Occasionally, anorgasmia results from a combination of these causes
Symptoms of Anorgasmia: The primary symptom of anorgasmia is the failure to climax during sexual intercourse. Some patients may also experience a decreased intensity of orgasms, take a longer time than usual to achieve orgasms, and experience pain in lower abdomen or pelvic region during sexual intercourse. These symptoms can produce marked distress for the individual.
Types of Treatments Available: Anorgasmia is best managed by a sexual therapist. These experts are specialists in managing sexual dysfunction, and would initially confirm the diagnosis with several blood tests. A thorough neurological examination will be performed and hormone levels, blood sugar and genital blood flow will be evaluated.
Anorgasmia can be treated with:
- Changes in lifestyle and sexual practices
- Minimizing stress and anxiety
- Trying different techniques of sexual stimulation
- Kegel exercises
- Use of several devices, such as vacuum pumps and vibrators
- Cognitive therapy, a form of behavioral therapy that promotes changes in a person's ideas and attitude towards sexual activity)
- Counseling for couples (to allow them to address any issues in the relationship, at home and in the bedroom). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Vaginismus is a condition characterized by significant pain in the vagina generally during sexual intercourses. This pain occurs on penetration due to the contraction of the vaginal muscles.
The exact causes of Vaginismus are not exactly known to the doctors. But some researchers suggests that the pain might result from severe anxiety or illogical fears before sex.
Vaginismus can be primary or secondary depending on the concerned woman’s previous sexual experiences. Vaginismus can be linked to an earlier sexually painful experience, sexual trauma or psychological factors. In some cases, the pain tends to exist without any direct physical cause.
The causes of the pain might vary from women to women and might occur in some cases with only one specific partner and not with others.
Sometimes the pain might stem from underlying infections or any other underlying complications.
The symptoms of Vaginismus are as follows:
Severe pain during intercourse.
Severe pain during insertion of tampons or during any medical check-ups.
The following treatments can be useful to treat Vaginismus:
If the pain arises due to anxiety or fear, counselling sessions can help you to a remedy.
If the pain arises whenever something penetrates the vaginal walls, progressive desensitization can be useful to treat the pain. The process aims to loosen the vaginal muscles so that you don’t experience any pain during sexual intercourse.
Kegel exercises (at least 20 of them) can help in the initial stage to relax the vaginal muscles. After you exercise for a few days, you should try inserting one finger inside your vagina while doing the exercises. Try doing it gently and if it still hurts, try doing it with a lubricating jelly. This continuous procedure will help in the contraction of the vaginal muscles which eventually relax. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Impotence is embarrassing for a man. It not only affects his self-confidence, but also the relationship with his partner. It is a condition in which a man cannot achieve an erection for having sex. If you are experiencing symptoms of impotence, they are most likely due to physical issues. However, sometimes psychological issues can also be responsible for impotence.
Here are 5 psychological factors, which may be associated with the inability to achieve an erection indicating impotence:
Stress: To a great extent, stress affects a person’s performance in bed. Due to excessive stress and pressure arising from different responsibilities and commitments, he might not be able to focus on sex. Extreme stress due to fear may leave him uneasy, thereby making it difficult for him to have an erection.
Anxiety: After experiencing symptoms of impotency, it is likely that a man may get extremely anxious about the fact that he will not be able to perform well in bed again. This anxiety may also arise from relationship problems, sexual abuse in the past or when a person is in a new relationship. As such, during sex, anxiety may make a man self-conscious, which makes it quite difficult for him to have an erection.
Depression: Feeling depressed or extremely sad because of any kind of issue such as a failed relationship, a poor career or recalling some past trauma may cause erectile dysfunction. Depression makes a person tired , thereby lowering his sex drive. The medicines used for treating depression may also lower libido,as a result of which a man may fail to get an erection.
Low Self-esteem: Having a low or a negative self-esteem may cause performance anxiety. A person is likely to be worried about how he will perform in bed. Low self-esteem may arise from factors related to body image, past experiences and from an underlying feeling of guilt.
Lack of Interest: Many conditions may divert a man’s interest from having sex. The lowering of libido will make it difficult for a man to get an erection and may lead to impotence. Such lack of interest may be on account of relationship issues, certain medications or because of ageing. Anger may also make a person lose interest in having sex.
If your sex life is getting hampered because of any such psychological factors, you must visit a doctor for seeking advice, suggestions and treatment. This will allow you to uncover and resolve the impotence-related problems, thereby letting you enjoy a healthy relationship with your partner in bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives. Similarly, in the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders and stress may affect your sex life:
- Mood swings: Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
- Anxiety: Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest.
- Decreased social activity: Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
So, what you should do?
- Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life: Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
- Go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time everyday to tune your sleep cycle. Avoid waking up late into night as far as possible.
- Avoid afternoon sleep or take only a nap.
- Don't take heavy foods, big and late meals.
- Eat at least 2-3 hrs before sleep.
- Avoid coffee and tea in the night.
- Don't get glued to the tv, computer, or mobile till sleep time. Shut them down 30 mins. before retiring to bed.
- Read something calming, meditate, or listen to quiet music just before sleeping.
- Regular workouts helps you get good sleep.
- Avoid serious discussions, work or complex decisions 2-3 hrs before sleep. If any of them bother you much, jot them down on a paper. That will lighten your mind help you get better sleep.
If sexual problems and concerns make you sleepless, seek help from a sex counselor. If your sleep problems are due to work in shifts or night-only shifts, take the help of a specialist in sleep problems. This way you can overcome sexual problems arising out of sleep disturbances, and have an improved sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Swollen breast tissues in men or boys caused by hormonal (testosterone and estrogen) imbalances is called gynecomastia. Both breasts or one breast can be affected by gynecomastia. At any point in life, from birth to puberty, even in adulthood, you might develop gynecomastia. Most of the times, gynecomastia is caused by hormonal imbalances, but there might be some underlying causes as well.
Gynecomastia is normally not a serious condition, but it can be difficult to deal with the pain and embarrassment.
It can be cured with surgery or medication if it doesn't go away on its own.
Symptoms and signs of gynecomastia include:
- Enlarged glands in the breast tissue
- Tenderness in the breast
The causes that trigger gynecomastia include:
- Hormonal changes: Testosterone and estrogen control the sexual development in men and women respectively. Estrogen is not a hormone that only women produce; men produce it too. When the production of testosterone and estrogen are thrown out of balance, gynecomastia occurs.
- Medication: Certain medications such as anabolic steroids, androgens, HIV/AIDS medicines, antibiotics and chemotherapy can cause gynecomastia.
- Drugs and alcohol: Substances such as alcohol, marijuana, amphetamines, heroin and methadone cause gynecomastia.
- Health condition: Certain factors, such as aging, hypogonadism (hormonal disorder), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland), tumors, kidney failure, cirrhosis, liver failure, malnutrition and starvation can lead to gynecomastia.
- Herbal products: Essential oils derived from plants such as lavender or tea tree, used in lotions or shampoos, have weak estrogenic actives. They have been said to cause gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia can be cured either with medication or surgery. Surgical options for gynecomastia are, however, limited.
The two surgical options for gynecomastia include:
- Liposuction: Liposuction only removes the fat from the breast, not the breast gland tissue. It has fewer complications, there is limited or zero blood loss and there is less distortion of the nipple.
- Mastectomy: Mastectomy removes the gland tissues in the breast. The surgery uses minimal incisions to remove the gland tissue. Also, it involves less time to recover. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Meditation is one of the holistic approaches that can offer you great success in sex life. Some poses in meditation can boost your sexual life, and you got to practice them on a regular basis in order to get maximized effects. There are many people who think that meditation can increase libido flow and sexual desire, but this is totally a wrong conception.
Though you will have instant effects by medication but the effects will not last for long, and on the other hand, you might even experience a lot of unwanted side-effects. This is the reason medications have now been successfully replaced by means of sexual meditation which is completely natural and safe. You can have consultation with any professional meditation expert for getting immense knowledge on sexual meditation.
Benefits of Meditation in Sexual Life-
Brings Energetic Sex: If you meditate in a peaceful mind for long hours, then your mind and body will have greater rest as a result of which you can get highest energy and stamina in lovemaking with your partner. You will receive a good amount of sleep during the night time and thus can show huge energy during sexual playtime.
Inviting Better Orgasm: If your mental stress gets decreased, then only your concentration level will increase. This concentration level is needed for boosting sexual thoughts, which automatically lead to satisfactory orgasm. Different kinds of mental blockages causing interruption in sexual arousal can be eliminated from the root by practicing meditation. If you have a satisfactory orgasm, then your nerves will also get relaxed, and you can get improved mental and physical rest.
Avoids Distraction: You will never get distracted rather you will always remain focused on your partner. In this way, you will automatically get seduced without any kind of external provocation and thus healthy sexual interaction can be resulted. You can now get the fullest energy of continuing your lovemaking sessions for long hours without any kind of interruptions or distractions.
Improve Sexual Relationship: Differences in between you and your partner can be easily resolved, and thus your sex life can be improved. If you have personal or relationship issues, then you cannot even think of physical intimacy. This is the reason proper meditation is required. Meditation can help you to get rid of married-life complications that usually stand as the main barriers of sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Severe pain during intercourse causes difficult relationship in both partners. Sometimes a sustained occurrence of pain might be an indication of some serious medical dysfunction. As such, consult a doctor as soon as the pain arises.
Contrary to popular beliefs, sexual pain can occur in both male and female.
In female, the reasons behind the painful sexual intercourse might be:
The pain can arise due to vaginal yeast infections or any form of sexually transmitted disease or pelvic inflammatory diseases.
A severe injury in the vagina during childbirth or any other accident and psychological stress can also cause severe pain during sex.
Sometimes, menopause or uterine problems (formation of fibroids in the uterus) can also cause pain.
Cyst formation in the ovary or endometriosis (when the inner tissue lining of the uterus tends to grow outside) can also cause severe pain during intercourse.
Some men can experience pain during intercourse because of allergy to the fluids of the vagina or the chemical content of certain contraceptives.
You can experience pain because of undiagnosed sexually transmitted diseases like herpes or gonorrhea
The pain might also occur due to urinary tract infections or side effects from certain medications.
Severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation can be a result of inflammation of the prostate glands and should be immediately diagnosed as it might be a signal of prostate cancer.
For treating pain during sex in female, you should opt for the following procedures:
If the pain is caused due to vaginal dryness after menopause, you should consider the application of prescribed lubricants or jellies to reduce the pain.
If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
If there are other symptoms like severe bleeding or irregular periods in addition to the pain, a visit to the physician is recommended.
Similarly in men:
If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
If the pain results from side effects of certain medications, you should try changing your prescribed medication after doctor’s suggestion.
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long-term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long-term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of the patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss on this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Although having sex is important, maintenance of a few proper sexual hygiene standards is of equal importance. A low standard of sexual hygiene can cause infections which can lead to serious diseases. Some tips for hygiene during sex are suggested below:
- Take a Bath: Of course, no one would feel like getting intimate if you smell bad or you are completely wet with your sweat. So it’s suggested that you take a shower and feel fresh before you get going for a sexual quickie. With this feeling of freshness, you would feel more aroused and can perform the sexual act with better energy.
- Clean Up: Couples always want to enjoy oral sex as a foreplay act or during the sexual stint but if you have not washed your sexual organs properly, your partner could get put off and reluctant to give you the oral pleasure. Also, you must wash off your sexual organs properly before and after having sex for your own personal health.
- Get Rid of Brittle Hair: While enjoying sexual acts, one tends to touch their partner all over their body and if they are too hairy on certain parts, it may put your partner off. So make sure you have shaved off brittle hair or at least trim them neatly, so that your mate can enjoy to the fullest and give you maximum pleasure. Also, the body hair can make you look unkempt and can even come in way of your sexual pleasure and make it uneasy for you and your partner to enjoy.
- Keep Your Hands Clean: You would often feel tempted to love your partner anywhere and at any point of time. But you must ensure that your hands and especially your nails are not dirty, as it may irritate your partner. The dirt tends to carry various germs, dust etc, which your partner would not appreciate when you touch them. So it’s not a great thing to start foreplay right after eating something or when you have come from outside. Always wash your hands, so that your partner feels nice when you softly touch them on cheeks, lips and other parts of the body.
- Breath Fresh Air: If your mouth is stinking due to something that you ate before having sex, it can create a state of discomfort for the other partner while kissing. So always brush you teeth after a meal and before you get into the bed. You can also get rid of this smell either by chewing a mint gum or by taking some mouth freshener that makes you breath fresh and pleasant.
So next time when you seek some romantic moments with your partner, make sure you have gone through all of these hygiene tips, thus leaving no chance to irk your partner in the bed. Moreover, it’s always good fun to love someone who is clean and careful about their own hygiene. So enjoy sex sans any discomfort! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
In order to spice up their relationship, couples can sometimes consider the option of anal intercourse instead of vaginal intercourse. Some recent studies have suggested that anal sex is actually bad for your health and can also result in severe and life threatening conditions.
Below are a few reasons that will make you aware of the risks of involving in anal sex. They are as follows:
- Fissures or piles: The anal tissues are non-stretchable and thereby an insertion of the penis into your partner’s anus can lead to tearing of the anus which might make your partner prone to anal fissures or piles. Besides, anal sex can cause severe pain while excretion the morning after, as there can be a significant weakening of the anal muscles.
- Increases the chances of anal cancer: If you and your partner frequently engage in anal sex, your partner’s chances of getting anal cancer increases as the act can initiate the transmission of the Human Papillomavirus (the virus responsible for anal cancer).
- Bacterial infection: Anus is a place designed to hold and facilitate the passing of faeces. This makes it a fertile breeding ground and holding area for bacteria. Through insertion, there is a high chance that you can be infected through your partner’s bacteria. Also if vaginal intercourse occurs immediately after anal intercourse, your partner can also get affected by the bacteria that transfer from the anus to the vagina. It can cause UTIs or urinary tract infections at the least and more serious infections as well.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Contrary to popular opinions, having unprotected anal sex can actually increase the chance of getting HIV and other deadly STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). As the anal tissues are extremely fragile, the risk of the transmission of sexually transmitted infections in the bloodstream remains quite high for both the partners involved. Even if you’re using a condom whilst engaging in the act, the chances of getting STD’s looms large as condoms are more prone to breakages during anal sex.
- You can still get pregnant: Engaging in unprotected anal sex does not really mean that you cannot actually get pregnant from it. There is a slight chance of semen leakage from the anus which can seep into the vagina and result in pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Food items that we eat have various effects on our body, even on our intimate life. Some foods may cause harmful effect in sexual life and some may help you to overcome the problem.
There are few foods that help you to treat erectile dysfunction.
Oyster: Oyster is rich in vitamin B6 and zinc. These substances are responsible for the increased production of testosterone hormone thus, oyster is a very useful food item to solve your sexual dysfunction den helps to overcome erectile dysfunction.
Chillies: Chillies are the most natural food substances that are responsible for causing dilatation of the blood vessels and to increase the flow of blood. It is very clearly evident that chilli has this effect as our face gets flushed with the intake of chillies. Chillies help directly to solve erectile dysfunction by increasing the blood flow to the penile blood vessels.
Coffee: Caffeine present in the coffee helps to boost your body’s metabolism thereby, increases the blood circulation of our body. Regular intake of a cup of coffee helps to treat the erectile dysfunction.
Pork: Pork is rich in vitamin B1 and it helps in treating erectile dysfunction by improving the strength of nervous system. Other sources of vitamin B1 are beans, whole meat and bread. It also helps in improving your nervous functioning thereby, treats the erectile dysfunction of nervous origin.
Salmon: It is well known fact that salmon fish are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid and this helps to prevent the blood clots in the blood vessels. Intake of fish rich in these fatty acids will help your arteries to stay healthy and ensures proper blood flow throughout your body thus, helps to treat erectile dysfunction. Fishes like Trout, mackerel, fresh tuna and salmon are rich in Omega-3 fatty acid.
Banana: Bananas are rich in potassium. This has positive effect in maintaining the level of sodium in your blood, thus regulate the blood pressure in normal level. Oranges are also helpful to treat erectile dysfunction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
The physiological process of intercourse involves four stages excitement, plateau, orgasm and climax or resolution stage. Excitement is the first stage which, occurs with the physical or psychological stimuli to involve in sex. Plateau is the next stage which involves much of foreplay in which the partner involved is in physical arousal. Third stage is orgasm which involves the mating of the partners and actual act of sex and ends with the ejaculation of the semen. The last stage climax is the resting stage which most often delays for females and men achieve after the ejaculation of the semen. For those male with premature ejaculation the semen ejaculates too early with the initiation of the orgasm. They lack the control over the ejaculation of the semen.
Who is at risk?
Premature ejaculation is most common for those encountering psychological issues. Anxiety (performance anxiety) is the most common cause of premature ejaculation. Relationship issues, unresolved conflict and having sex for a limited number of times may also cause premature ejaculation.
Can it be treated?
Self-treatment: Males usually try self-treatment options like withdrawing themselves from their partner before the sense of ejaculation, slow thrusting or penetration force and purposeful masturbation before sex. Some may also try the use of extra condoms.
Sex therapy: Sex therapy involves doing exercise to improve the strength of the perineal muscle and increase the control over the ejaculation. This therapy involves Kegel’s exercise, stop – start technique this helps to desensitize the response of the men towards sex. This may also include squeeze technique, which involves squeezing at the tip of the penis near the shaft to hold the ejaculation manually by causing obstruction externally.
Psychoanalysis: Psychology states that men ejaculate too early because of the anxiety and over excitement. Many psychologist states that premature ejaculation can be treated with psychoanalysis, but this is much effective in all cases.
Medication: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are commonly used to increase the serotonin level that helps to delay the ejaculation. Antidepressant drugs or topical application of anesthetics like lidocaine are also used to treat premature ejaculation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.