Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have a lot of hair on my body all around even my stomach and I get severe aches on period days. Please suggest me the ways to reduce the hair as well as the pain I have to bear.
Hi I had a sex with my husband 4 days back and my vagina is paining and itching, also white discharge flowing, I am worried will you please suggest me proper treatment.
I am 75 years plus, was diagnosed with diabetes about 7 years ago and am on metformin 500 bd, galvus 50 bd, telma 80 od, atorva 10 od and atenolol 50 od. The diabetic parameters are within permissible limits ,tested six monthly. Doctor says since the above medicines appear to be controlling the disease, continue for life. Is this safe and right or is any periodic regulation required.
I am 19 years old and have a 2 months baby and I am breastfeeding him. And my nipples have got cut and it bleeds sometimes nd have pain during and after feeding. What should I do for it to cure fast. Thanks.
What is the best contraception method for people with an active sex life? How safe are the emergency pills?
Curd or dahi, is a popular food item all over the country. In the north, people eat it with flattened rice or chapatis while in the south, people are great patrons of curd rice. Some sections of the society even consume curd for superstitious purposes. It is thought that consuming curd before embarking on a journey will ensure safety and good health. Made from milk, this dairy product has a lot of health benefits. Here are some reasons why you should add curd to your daily diet starting today.
1. Helps improve digestion
The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create. A Taiwanese study even found that curd is helpful in curing H. Pylori infections which is the most common type of stomach infection.
2. Healthy for your heart
In a day and age where more and more young people are falling prey to heart disease, consuming curd can go a long way in maintaining heart health. It minimizes the risk of high blood pressure and helps reduce cholesterol levels by preventing the thickening of carotid arteries.
3. Milk substitute for those who are lactose intolerant
Some people, who cannot consume milk because they are lactose intolerant, can safely consume curd. It converts the lactose present in milk to lactic acid, making it easier to digest. Also, you do not lose out on the nutritional boost that milk provides.
4. Helps boost immunity
Curd has ‘good bacteria’ present in it which strengthens your immune system by fighting against several microorganisms that are present in the body. It is also useful in preventing vaginal yeast infection in women. These properties of curd do not diminish even when it is heated along with curry preparations to add flavour. Eat it daily to prevent infections and stay healthy!
5. Good for your teeth and bones
All dairy products are good for your bones, and curd is no different. Like milk, curd too has a high amount of phosphorous and calcium. This makes it beneficial for your teeth and bones as it helps promote bone growth and makes your teeth stronger. Taking care of your bones is essential if you want to avoid painful diseases like osteoporosis and arthritis in the future.
6. Can be used as a skincare product
Nutrients like zinc, Vitamin E and phosphorus make curd a natural skincare product and it is often used as an ingredient in homemade packs. A simple mixture of curd, gram flour and lime juice can be made at home to give you an attractive and glowing face.
7. Helps get rid of dandruff
Many advertisements claim to have found the magical chemical formula for curing dandruff. But, curd can be a simple homemade solution. Why is it good to get rid of dandruff? It has lactic acid which has anti-fungal properties. What more? You don’t even have to add other ingredients to it. Just whip some curd in a bowl, and add it to your scalp. Leave it for an hour, and wash properly with water.
8. Helps you lose weight
Whenever nutritionists make a diet plan, the first thing they include is curd. The calcium present in it prevents your body from pumping more cortisol. Hormonal imbalance of cortisol is responsible for a host of problems like hypertension, obesity and cholesterol.
9. Helps release stress and anxiety
Being stressed can wreck your health. Finding ways to relax and rejuvenate is imperative in today’s world. Along with other things, eating some curd can surely help. According to a study conducted by UCLA’s School of Medicine, eating curd was linked to lower levels of activity in the part of brain responsible for emotion and pain.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.