Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Brajendra Prasad SinghYour feedback matters!
I am detected with multiple stones in gall bladder. But I do not have any pain or any other related symptoms. I have consulted three physicians. Everyone is saying it is upto me whether I want to go for surgery now or may be later. I am confused .Plz advise me whether I should go for surgery immediately or wait for any complications in future? please suggest me a few good hospitals in bangalore .Plz help me. Thanks.
I am 91 year old. My left hip is swollen. No pain. Swelling has moved on my left back also. While sitting on hard fable I feel some soft flesh. Heavy acidity in stomach and nose is blocked. Which medicine or exercise is recommended, thanks.
I have gastric problem and constipation regularly, so please suggest some medicine and few tips for gastric, acidity, co. 1 DOCTOR ANSWERED.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers very frequently like once in a month. I will sleep only 5-6 hours per day. I am drinking minimum 3 litres of water per day but still I am facing from mouth ulcers. How to cure mouth ulcers permanently? Waiting for your reply.
Make a powdered mixture of equal parts of rock candy (mishri), fennel, and green cardamom. Whenever you experience heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a glass of cold milk and drink.
Mix together equal parts of powdered fennel, licorice root, basil leaves, and coriander seeds. Have ½ teaspoon of this mixture with ½ teaspoon of powdered rock candy (mishri) 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.
Looks like i've piles. I find pea like thing all over my anus. It hurts after bowel movement and sometimes blood comes out. Please suggest me some medicines. Ointment & tablets.
My digestion is not good. I feel heavy even after by motion. I don't feel fresh. Bad gas happens all the day. Help me.
I'm suffering from ulcerative colitis since 2001. And now the area of nodular mucosa is increased in sigmord colon.?
I am 25 years old male. I have pain in my right upper abdomen since last three months. I feel dull pain especially 45 minutes after eating food after that my heartbeat become faster that usual.
A number of digestion related problems plague people from time to time. Diarrhea or loose motions remains one of the most debilitating problem in this regard, with other conditions like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome and colitis, Crohn’s Disease and others like pain, discomfort and related issues. If your daily schedule is hampered by constant trips to the bathroom and your eating habits show poor nutritional choices and a lack of appetite, then it may be time to do something about these digestive problems.
Let us acquaint ourselves with a few measures for treatment of the same.
- Triggers: One of the important and primary steps in the process of treating your digestive related problem is to learn how to recognise and identify the triggers so that you may avoid the same. There are many kinds of food that may not be suitable for some people. With the help of your doctor, you can go through a food or skin test that will help in exposing you to small amounts of various ingredients. The results will help in pointing towards the food allergy or triggers that you may be suffering from. Apart from food, there may be certain kinds of medication that may be causing side effects like loose motions and other digestive problems. Also, there are certain situations and stress giving factors that may be contributing to this condition. In such cases, it is best to maintain a food dairy or event diary so that you learn your triggers and avoid the same.
- Hydration: One of the most important ways of treating digestive problems is to drink plenty of fluids and to keep your body well hydrated. Besides routinely flushing out the toxins that cause the condition in the first place, plenty of water intake will also help in replenishing the lost fluid reserves as the body tends to get dehydrated swiftly when it is suffering from such conditions. One should also avoid contaminated sources of water and try to drink bottled and packaged water, especially while travelling.
- Hygiene: It is important to eat hygienically prepared food and wash your hands before and after meals so as to remove unhygienic triggers from the list that causes digestive disorders. Using alcohol free wipes in case you are suffering from loose motions and keeping a sanitiser handy at all times will also help in treating the condition.
- Medicines: The doctor may prescribe various kinds of medicines in order to fight the onset of such conditions as well for treatment of related symptoms like bloating and gas. This medication must always be kept handy so that the patient can have it as soon as the earliest symptoms arise.
I am 31 years old. I do not want to go for gall bladder removal operation as I just hv 4.6 mm gallstone. Pls suggest me the right diet or medicines. Pleassssss.
- Loose weight
- Eat smaller but more frequent meals
- Avoid eating two to three hours before bedtime.
- If certain food triggers your heartburn, try cutting down on them.
- Drink chilled milk and chilled water.
- Eat an elaichi banana or drink one glass of rice water every morning on an empty stomach.