Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. BoraYour feedback matters!
Health benefits of ghee
Energy booster: the wide range of fats that compose ghee include medium-chain fatty acids, which are very useful for the body and can be processed by the liver and burnt as energy, not passing into adipose tissue or contributing to weight gain. For athletes or other people with active, high-energy lifestyles, ghee can provide the necessary burst of energy that you might need to get through a particularly challenging day!
Allergy issues: since ghee is dairy-free (having had all of the dairy residue simmered off), lactose intolerant individuals or those who cannot consume butter are free to enjoy the flavorful treat of “butter” in the form of ghee without worrying about the gastrointestinal problems that normally follow.
Heart health: although most people associate butter with fat and a decline in heart health, the rich variety of fats in ghee can also provide a healthy boost to the heart. Omega-3 fatty acids can help decrease your levels of unhealthy cholesterol and provide an energetic balance to your fat intake.
Reduce inflammation: ghee possesses butyric acid, which is one of the most beneficial short-chain fatty acids that the body needs. Butyric acid has been shown, in recent research, to actually decrease inflammation in parts of the body, particularly in the gastrointestinal tract, and is now a recommended dietary addition for some people with ulcerative colitis. Furthermore, ghee enemas have long been used in traditional medicine for inflammation of all kinds.
Antioxidant activity: the health benefits of vitamin a are widely publicized and the power of carotenoids in terms of eliminating free radicals in the body are extremely valuable. When you add the antioxidant capacity of conjugated linoleic acid and butyric acid to the power of vitamin a contained in ghee, you have a powerful anti-cancer substance that could help reduce oxidative stress throughout the body.
Eye health: the significant levels of vitamin a in ghee make it ideal for protecting eye health. Carotenoids are antioxidants that specialize in eliminating and neutralizing the free radicals that attack the macular cells, thereby preventing macular degeneration and the development of cataracts.
Immune system booster: butyric acid, perhaps the most important element in ghee, has also been linked to the stimulation of t-cell production, which are the heavy-hitting cells of the immune system. In other words, ghee can supercharge your immune system in addition to all of its other health benefits!
A final word of warning: all of the benefits mentioned above make ghee sound like an ideal substitute for butter; however, as mentioned a number of times, ghee is made purely of fat, so excessive consumption of ghee can dramatically change your fat intake and can act as a negative dietary choice. Be careful about your intake and study the fat content of the ghee you choose to consume. Also, speak to your medical professional to ensure that your fitness level can handle a shift to a higher fat diet.
Hi I and my wife had sex lately and I did not use any precautions but also I did not ejaculate inside her. And now her periods are delayed by 9 days and we are worried if she got pregnant. We got married just a month back and currently are not planning to have a baby. Kindly suggest how can it be avoided its been 15 days when we had unsafe intercourse.
I have sex with cnndom, no break condom during sex, so how many percentage getting pregnency? please reply
My friend is worried about her married life she has a relation with her boyfriend. And her vagina is so loose so what can she do. Plx help her. Suggest any homeopathic medicine.
My friend is having a cyst (gaanth) in her chest. Its emotionally distressfull and really painful for her. She is taking meds but the pain is too much. She also suffers from back ache and weakness and stomach ache. Please tell me what should she do?
I am feel pain in lower abdomen or pain during urine and for last year after sex my wife feel same problem is it a std. Or other serious disease.
My age is 28, Pregnancy test is positive, it's something around 1 month, could you suggest pill (unwanted kit) or any other options. Is there any side effects of pills?
I am not having periods for the last two months please suggest me any medicine I am obese having hormonal problem and my age is 18.
I want to know about symptoms of sexual transmitted diseases. Please help me? Can it be treated successfully?
1) Watermelon - Watermelons have more water than pulp and are easily available. Not only will this relax you but also hydrates you at the end of a very tiring day.
2) Cucumber - With less than 20 calories in a cup of cucumbers, this hydrating food is ideal to carry with lunch boxes to work, or eat at home. They cool and hydrate you at the same time. The seeds are also known to be high in nutrients and health benefits.
3) Tomatoes - Tomatoes and their health benefits are widely known. They cool your stomach and hydrate you. Tomatoes are also good for diabetes and cardio-vascular problems, and are a rich source of many nutrients like dietary fiber, vitamins ? C, A, E, K and B6, potassium and many more.
4) Lemon - Lemon is a super food. Mixed with water, in different temperatures, it helps in weight loss to combating dehydration. Mixed in water with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar, the lemon water mixture is known to cool, energise and hydrate the body.
5) Curd - This is a staple in most Indian homes. Store bought or homemade, it is good to eat a small bowl full of curd every day. A delicious coolant, you can spice it up any way you wish to - by adding fruits to it, or by adding masalas or by eating it straight with just a tiny pinch of salt.
6) Coconut water - Easily available on road sides, coconut water is your ideal drink on the go. While you can surely have it at home, it is highly recommended for students and professionals who are out in the sun, during the day. An immediate energizer, coconut water can be your savior from heat spells.
7) Melons - Just like watermelons, melons and muskmelons too have high water content. The fruit is said to have 90 percent water apart from the nutrients.
8) Buttermilk - Easy to make and easily available in the market, buttermilk can be customized as per individual taste. It is light in the tummy, cools and dehydrates the system.
9) Mint - An inexpensive herb, mint has amazing cooling qualities. Churn it into chutney or just drop a few leaves into your bottle of drinking water, these leaves will keep your insides cool and mind fresh with their mild fragrance.
10) Onions - Red onions in particular are known to have very high water content. Include them in your meals or have them raw, how you eat is up to you.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello Doc, On 16 July Me and My girl Spent some love moments together but did not do intercourse, just done touch, rubbing from out side with use of protection. After that of 9 days on 25 July she got her periods too. And then we did not do anything. But now (in august) her periods are not coming. Its being 6 days over of her date. What is the reason. Any chance of Prag? Does it need to prag test? What should we do? Please help.
Hello doctor. I have c section delivery 8 months ago and feeding mother now. I want to reduce my weight .give me tips how to do it.
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly. So here are the causes, risks and treatment for this condition.
There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females.
Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive. While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard.
For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions. Also, factors like thyroid, cancer and medication leading to temporary infertility may be at play.
There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well.
Male patients can go through a treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal and ART or assistive reproductive technology. Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, Intrauterine Insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like In Vitro Fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception.
Any kind of dysfunction points to the issues experienced during any stage of the cycle of physical issue that prevents the participants from experiencing any kind of satisfaction from the intimate activities. Though the researches imply that sexual problems are common all across the globe; 43% of women along with 31% of men are affected by some sort of dysfunction; however, it is something that most people are hesitant to talk about. But thankfully enough, most cases of sexual problems can be effectively treated, and can be prevented from occurring again, by sharing your concerns with a qualified doctor. You should consider visiting the doctor along with your partner.
What leads to sexual problems?
Sexual problems can be caused either due to physical or psychological reasons. Many medications and clinical conditions can cause a variety of sexual dysfunctions, and these physical conditions include heart and vascular disease, high levels of blood sugar and blood pressure, any kind of neurological disorder, chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver and lungs, and hormonal imbalances. In addition to this, the side effects stemming from any medicine, including antidepressant drugs, can cast a harmful impact on the sexual desire and its normal functioning. On the other hand, psychological causes refer to the stress caused due to work pressures, anxiety, depression, excessive concern about sexual performance, feelings of guilt, and relationship problems.
What are the common sexual problems?
What leads to sexual problems can cause a wide variety of issues in both men and women. While erectile dysfunction is most commonly found in men, vaginal dryness is the most common issue in women. Sexual dysfunction can take a variety of forms, and it is not plainly confined to the dysfunction or simple disinterest in sex, which is commonly termed as lack of sex drive. It can also involve pain while having sex or an inability to maintain the erection or experiencing pain while getting an orgasm. There are some people who experience excruciating pain during intercourse, which is often accompanied with a burning sensation.
All couples have the right to enjoy a happy and healthy sex life, which can be considered a crucial aspect of any relationship. So, if you are having any kind of difficulty that is interrupting your lovemaking, it is imperative to speak with your doctor to get the right diagnosis, and discuss openly with your partner to find out the ideal solution of your sexual problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Dear sir I and my girlfriend had a oral sex and I was sucking her breasts and she complains that she is having nipple pain and I was rubbing my penis on tip of her vagina without any discharge hence there would be any chance of pregnancy and major doubt is she is having a white discharge from vagina since a week or three how can it be controlled please suggest me.
My husband is 32 years old healthy man. The physical relationship is strained and very rare but rest is all fine. He doesn't complain of any discomfort. Is it ok not to have any inclination for physical relationship. The frequency is like once in a month. Is it normal to not want to get physical for a man his age?
Cliched words do not work anymore. If you are really interested in winning a girl’s heart, then you need to learn how to make a girl laugh!
Researchers from University of Kansas elaborately studied the effect of laughter on girls and indicated that romantic connection is stronger when a girl and a guy are spotted laughing together. Check these facts.
1. Signals Intelligence: Cheesy lines might be at best be overwhelming, while other ways of wooing a girl might be old school! But humor is a sign of intelligence and therefore, you can woo a girl by making her laugh, unintentionally letting her know that you are intelligent.
2. Depicts happiness: Unconsciously, we associate laughter with future happiness. So, if girls meet someone they can laugh with, it would mean that the future relationship is going to be full of fun and cheer. Jeffrey Hall, associate professor of communication studies at University of Kansas revealed that romantic attraction is stronger when there’s laughter involved.
3. What women like: Laughter makes women happy. Those who participated in the research also revealed that those who were funny and humorous seemed more attractive.
4. Why laughing is important: Laughing releases endorphins, which makes people happy, signals intelligence and at the same time leads to better production of hormone, while reducing stress. Perhaps that’s why women prefer men that make them laugh.
So, it’s true! Go for a man who makes you laugh! Humor not just points to future happiness, it also reflects a sociable and agreeable personality. Men can make jokes, share humorous stories or simply smile. After all, shared laughter is the path to a long-lasting, happy relationship!