Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BoraYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, m waiting for my periods still not happened, every month 30 is my date. But in august l dint got my periods, in June we had sex in 13th n I took ipill & my period date was 30, n then July 8th we had again this time I dint have ipill, n on 15th July I got period means after just 15 days. I really got shocked. N after that till waiting for my period, I have took test also 3 time it's showing negative, and also m having stomach pain same like periods once, but nothing is happening. please suggest m soo tensed. Thank you.
We are trying hard for another baby. From last four months but fertility not happened yet. Treatment is going on. All reports are normal. Suggest something.
I had my first intercourse on 5th midnight. I started bleeding after 6 hours of my first intercourse. It has been 2 days and I am changing two pads a day. My last periods were on 10th june to 14th june. I am confused whether it is my periods or vaginal bleeding. I felt a bit dizzy jst after sex when I tried to walk. So is there a possibility that I started bleeding internally that moment?
These days, store shelves are seen all stocked with snacks. But, when it comes to finding a healthy option, it is difficult to navigate. You need something that provides a natural burst of energy, protein, and fiber. In such a situation Go "nuts". Nuts like almonds and walnuts are the ultimate health food. Low in simple carbohydrates, rich in healthy fats, high in protein, these nuts stimulate your body to shed those extra pounds.
Although, there is no doubt on the fact that both are highly regarded for nutrition value. But then, which nut is better of the two?
Walnuts and Almonds - The Better Bet!
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams of fat and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber, which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They both are essential for maintaining good health if taken in appropriate amounts. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have polycystic ovary disease and I take medicine from 4 years and problem in monthly cycle. What to do? Please help me.
Maine 12 march ko sex kiya tha magar sperm yoni ke bahar upper giraya tha 2 bar face par magr meri partner ka periods abhii bhi nahi hua h .9 days late kya wo pregnant h.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Exercising should not a dreaded, but enjoyed. Exercising in the water can be as challenging and intense as any other form of exercise, but without the sweating. Aquatic exercises are ideal for every age and especially beneficial to those with injuries and joint limitations like arthritis. Exercising in water also helps with weight loss and stress management. If you want a reason to start exercising in water, here are three:
- Increases flexibility: Water is unpredictable in its movements. When exercising in water, the body has to push against water and faces water resistance. This resistance can be up to 42 times more than the resistance you would encounter when exercising on land. Thus while adjusting to the push and pull of water, the body is forced to move in various directions. This helps increase the range of motions in all the joints. The upward thrust of water or buoyancy also negates the effect of gravity and cushions the body. This reduces strain on weight bearing joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. As a result, the body becomes more flexible.
- Low impact: One of the biggest differences between exercising on land and exercising in water is the impact of the exercise on joints. For example, running on land puts a lot of stress on your knees. However, if you were to run in water, your knees would not make you cry in pain. This is because of the buoyancy of water. By cushioning your body, it supports half your body weight and thus makes you bear only half your body weight. This reduces the impact on your joints and makes exercising in water appealing to those with joint problems or those undergoing physical rehabilitation after an injury.
- Makes the heart work efficiently: Water has a unique property that makes it makes the heart work more efficiently. By pushing against the entire body surface, the hydrostatic pressure aids in the flow of blood from the all parts of the body to the heart and thus improves blood circulation. This puts less stress on your heart muscles. Thus by exercising in water, you can lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
Apart from these benefits, exercising in water also helps build endurance and increases muscle strength. It is also one of the most cooling and enjoyable ways to burn calories. It would be rare for you to be in a pool all by yourself and hence exercising in water is also a social exercise. So when are you stepping into the pool?