Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hi Sir, I am 29 years old sir my question is I drink cool water and drink some time beers 2 days onwards my neck and mouth always dry sir please tell me any solution.
I have face a problem with mouth ulcer it can be happen regularly week by week. I already Consulted doctor he suggested as it comes for stress but it happens from childhood but not regularly. Please advise.
I used to mouth ulcer frequently. This started from my birth onwards. The ulcer will last for at least 10 days & it is very painful. I tried a variety of ointments (dologel-ct) tablets. But there is no permanent stop for this.?
Hello Doctor I am 23 years old now my canine teeth is yet to fall. Wil it grow back if it falls how to stop it from falling.
I am suffering from osmf because I was taking gutkha and occasional cigarettes for 8 years now I left everything for good from 4th July 2015. But I get blood in my saliva sometimes if I talk too much for the whole day in my school and private tuitions I am taking colostrum capsules. Dentist and oncologist said not a concern because my oral health is superb. What is the problem?
I have yellow teeth, I need to clean my teeth and I want white teeth please tell me remedies to cure it?
I WAS TAKING half lemon with one glass of warm water after brushing But my teeth got irritated, hence now I take with a glass of buttermilk Along with lunch at noon and night, is it ok? My Dr. says aloevera has side effects to be very careful?
I am 21 year male I want to know about how to breath good, generally a bad smell is coming out from mouth how to overcome to this problem?
I have a pain in my teeth from last 3 days. This pain at the end of my teeth chain, is there any infection or its coming a new teeth?
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.