Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
I am aged 66 years. Diabites and hypertenson due to joint pains unable to sit on toilet. At times feel stiffness in the calf muscles. Please help.
I am 28 yr. Old male I suffering from knee joints pain and also have a back pain from last 2 month. My weight is decreasing from last one month (after appendix operation) what should I do?
Sir / madam I am 24 years old, I have back pain since last 3 years, my work is marketing executive. I am suffering with the heavy pain at night time. Please tell me any solution.
I am 22 year old. And I suffering from back pain I have taken pain killer but but still not getting rid of the back pain please help what we should do no.
My mother is suffering from joint pain(knee) for last three year and she is getting treatment from govt hospital, no good response from treatment she is 70 year old please suggest good advice.
I am suffering from from knee joint pain for last 5to6 months ,i recommended the doctor who give me pain killers ,which proved ineffective. Can you give me some alternative other than medicines?
Hi my mother recently done with hysterectomy laparoscopy she is getting back pain how should avoid it what king of foods she want to eat please tell me.
I am pregnant 5 months I am doing marketing job. I have to travel to distance . Any problem to baby when I am traveling . Some times I got back pain . please tell me what I do?
Hi mam, My age is 40 yrs. I am working as laundry valet in a hotel. My job is such I have to stand for long hours doing pressing bcoz of that my back pains a lot and my leg nerves are very painful. What should I do. Pls can you suggest some exercise for my problems. Thank you.
6 month before I am accident by truck crush my right foot then after surgery problem my done side they not hell yet know. What can I do please help me.
I had an injury in my knee from which I recovered. However, the pain has started again. What Should I do?
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'