Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Bikash RanjanYour feedback matters!
I am getting joints pain polyarthralgia what to do actually I'm in fast due to ramadhan so how it can be free from pains gradually or within two days.
My wife is having back pain since 4days. We got married 10days ago. Is this is a serious issue and she is feeling weak also. Suggest me what should I do.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.