Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bijaylaxmi PatnaikYour feedback matters!
I have 31 weeks pregnancy. Before pregnancy my weight was 50 kg. In 25 weeks my weight was 55 kg. During this 5-6 weeks my weight doesn't increase anymore. Please tell me how it will increase.
Hello sir. I am 25 yrs. I have just married before 2 months. I am going to plan for baby. But I have doubt that before marriage I have done hand sex some time. Please confirm that there is any issue to get my wife pregnant.
Hi my wife is 4 months pregnant and her blood group is B negative and my Blood group is B positive, one doctor told me that it can be problem in the time of delivery. Is there is really problem?
Hi, I am 26 years . I got my last periods on 2/5/2016 and I have cycle of 25-26 days. I was expecting my periods on 27/5/2016 but they didn't arrived. I have done urine test on 28/5/2016 it showed a double line but another one was little faint (it showed positive). Then I was done with beta HCG on 29/5/2016 it showed positive with low levels. I wanted to know how many months pregnant am I? And what will be my due date. Thank you.
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common reasons to visit a gynecologist are enlisted below.
- Menstrual irregularities - The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
- General well-being - Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
Related Tip: 6 Nutrients Women Need The Most
I am 10 weeks pregnant and I don't feel like I am pregnant. No vomits or vomit sensations. No other symptoms too but I am pregnant of 10 weeks. My stomach is a bit grown and I suffer alot from back pain. Is back pain common during my stage. And why am I not getting or feeling any other symptoms. Is my baby healthy. Because I have heard it if vomits happen baby is healthy. So I am worried please help me with it.
Hi I am tanishka 18 year's old girl I have am issue of pain during periods it very irritating for me give me some advise to get relief from me.
I am 30 weeks pregnant. I am feeling too much discomfort and pain in my chest. May be because of the baby pressing the diaphragm. The pain is intolerable. And making me cry and is more intense when lying on bed even in the side position. Cannot sleep because the discomfort. Its severe.
I have 1 month old baby & I regularly feed him but the milk produce by my body is not enough for him. Is there any way to increase it without any side effect to baby or me. I feel it is not enough due to reason that when I press the nipple or aloe, milk does not come out it come only when baby suck as I can see it in the some portion being collected in artificial nipple (initially I have small size nipple so using artificial nipple / nipple shield for feeding)
Some medicine/syrup has the exp. Date as best before 24 month. I want to know that can we use these medicine/syrup after that best period or it can not be used after best period mention on the label?
My wife is in 5th week of pregnancy, her total leukocyte count is 11, 500 against the range of 4000-11000/cmm. Please suggest if it is normal during pregnancy pr there is anything to worry about?
I am 45 tears old lady. I have perfect menstrual cycle. Also conceived last year in only once. But my husband aborted the child. I have one 12 year old son. Now I want second issue. Should I go for that?
I can't climax during penetration. It is physical or mental? Am I wrong to expect sex when I'm pregnant? I'm not very comfortable performing oral sex. Any advice? I don't really like vibrators. Are there any other toys we should try? The sex is lukewarm. Are we destined to have a horrible sex life? Are men hardwired to cheat?
Actually we had some sex but not directly now I got period yesterday but it was not like previously coming period now bleeding comes just light liquid in a day is dis indicates am I pregnant.
Meri age 40 hai mera menupose period shuru hogaya hai mujhe body pain bahut hota hai pair aur Lamar main bahut darad hote hai koi Samadhan batayen.
A psychological disorder, which is marked by abnormal eating patterns is known as an eating disorder. Eating disorder, commonly known as anorexia nervosa in medical circles, is often a combination of both abnormal eating and weight gain patterns.
Yet, on general diagnosis, eating disorders are categorized into three types, namely, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating.
Diagnostically stated, a person suffering from:
- Anorexia nervosa is usually characterized by low body weight as well as a disturbed perception of one's weight.
- Bulimia nervosa on the other hand includes, persistent binge eating along with loss of self-control and a psychological overvaluation of one's body shape or weight.
- The third category, which is binge eating, is marked by anxiety, consistent overeating, stress and drastic loss of self-esteem.
Although, eating disorder is a commonplace disorder worldwide, the cause of it still remains unknown. A recent research has found that due to the fact that eating disorders reflect a physiological anomaly between the need to eat and the drive to eat, a hypothesis is developed stating the cause to be a disturbing appetite pattern on the most fundamental level. This proposition has been further delved into using brain imaging that shows emotions, rewards and eating inhibitions are linked to neural pathways.
Current treatments, which include forms of psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy have limited capacity in reducing and normalizing eating disorders. Furthermore, various psychological interventions used to treat eating disorders are variations of psychiatric treatments, which are not particular to the needs of the patient in such disorders. Empirical researches have linked inhibitions, rewards and maladaptive eating behaviors to alterations in the circuitry of the brain. Furthermore, abnormal metabolistic behaviors are also linked to eating disorders.
Although no concrete remedy exists, a person suffering from eating disorders could get their symptoms minimalized to a certain extent through rehabilitation clinics and therapies.