Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bijaylaxmi PatnaikYour feedback matters!
Semen comes out after intercourse. My wife not getting pregnant. Married for 9 months. Desperate for a baby. Please advice what should we do now?
Hi Am doing sex my wife getting pain in down stomach anything serious for pregnancy please give me reply as normal person also can be understand. Please give me reply.
I am suffering from little bit breast pain. And in periods time it pain more. Please suggest me what it is.
One of my friend is suffering from sex related problem. Whenever he starts for sex at time of excitement he is getting early discharge . He is facing problems in these days only . And his partner is facing itching problem (at vagina) in these days what are the reason for early discharge n itching. ?
I am female age 27 I am not getting mood to have intercourse with my husband. Even though I trying to do I don't feel sexy mood.
I am a married women since 2.5 years, am suffering from pain in left of my lower abdomen. I had gone through many sonography yet not getting any positive response. Many Dr. said it may be kidney stone. I consulted a laparoscopic surgeon he said it is infection n told me to continue the course for 1.5 month. During sex also I suffer a severe pain. After so many tablets I am not getting cure of it. So please suggest me what to so.
My period is almost 30 days due. My pregnancy test is positive which I did two weeks ago. At present, sometime feel vomit but not regularly except this I feel nothing. Now, my question is that" IS MY BABY OK? please REPLY.
Respected Sir/Madam, I am a female of age 17 From India. I am in very tensed situation. I had an unprotected sex on 29th April but I took ipill within 2 hrs after intercourse. After 5 hours of intercourse I had little bleeding but that stopped after a while. No doubt my man didn't ejaculate inside still I took my pills to lower the risk. But a fear inside me got started that I am pregnant. Please help me what to do to not to get pregnant.I am not virgin. It was my second tym. I had my last periods on 2 April.Please suggest me something please so that I can be tension free.
I'm women 30 years married on last year I got one missed abortion on 3rd month after the abortion I getting a kind of urinary infections every month. Initially urine will get smelled in panties after two days will get watery discharge later bleeding like periods for four to five days. I gone to doctor. He gave me norflox 400 I having very month this problem. That to after periods gets over after a week. And I have pcod past 6 yrs. Im height is 5.5 feet wgt : 76 kg for past 4-6 yrs.help me please
My periods lasted for 3 days this timw with heavy bleeding on day 2. I was passing clots in blood. Day 3 it was scanty. Usually I have 5 day periods. Is it of any concern that periods lasted for 3 days when normally I have 5 days of menses.
I am newly married person I want to ask questions regarding my wife we had sex many time and we thought she miss her periods but after 6days she feels periods and I am working in gulf so after 2 month I will go back so before that I want to make her preg can you pls suggest some tips and give answer why she did not miss her periods. And one more thing before one day of her period her blood pressure level reduce so we admit her to hospital where they give one glucose bottle and some tablets. So this is the reason for that or any other reason pls answer my question. Thanks.
My question is that will I become pregnant with scanty period. My lh is low prolactin insulin and fsh is normal. I m on medication for renal stenosis. I m taking beta lock. Stamlo 5 and tg gaol regularly. I m just of 25 yrs old. I have scanty period from last five yrs and I m not medication more than two yrs I have done my usg also it is normal. What I will do that that my everything will become normal. I m so worried.
Dear sir /mam agar mera private part mere bf k private part s only touch ktaa hai too isse pregnancy ho skte hai? Jb tak sperm vagina mai ni jata tb tk pregnancy ho skte hai ya nhi please reply doctor in hindi.
Virginity is not the measure of a woman’s character, but the decision to lose your virginity should be a well informed one. After all, there’s no going back from here. In biological terms, losing your virginity refers to the first time you have vaginal intercourse. For most women, it is symbolized by the breaking of the hymen. However, since the hymen can also break while participating in other activities like gymnastics and horse riding, this should not be taken as a measure of a woman’s virginity.
Here are a few things you should know about losing your virginity.
- There may be blood: Don’t freak out of you see a few drops of blood on the sheets. Most women break their hymen when they have sex for the first time. This is the source of the blood that you see. Unlike other cuts and bruises, you will not need to put anything on your vagina for the hymen to heal. At the same time, if you do not bleed don’t worry. This is a sign that your hymen was already broken.
- You may feel a little pain: There are two major factors that determine how much pain you will feel when having sex for the first time; your sensitivity to pain and the size of your partner’s penis. More than pain, you should be ready to feel a lot of pressure. This can be relieved by going slow or by using a lubricant.
- You should be comfortable: Don’t try any awkward positions for your first time. You should be comfortable both mentally and physically. This will help you enjoy the experience and will ensure that your body produces enough natural lubricant.
- You should use protection: Protection is a must for every time you have sex until you are ready to start a family. A condom will not only protect you from unwanted pregnancies but will also protect you against STDs.
- It’s OK to back out: You should never feel under pressure to lose your virginity. A good partner will understand this and let you take your time. Even if you had planned on ‘doing it’ but at the last moment do not feel comfortable about it, don’t be afraid to back out.
- Share your experience with someone: Though considered taboo, losing your virginity should ideally not be kept a secret. Parents are the best people to talk to about this but you could also talk to an aunt, elder sister or anyone you trust. Alternatively, speak to your gynaecologist; they are the best informed and there’s nothing they haven’t been asked before so you don’t need to feel shy about asking them anything. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Please tell pregnancy symptoms. I feel like nausea and back pain losing near stomach paining. Or I did not get periods.
My blood group is B+ n my husband's blood is O+ n my child blood group is A+ CAN I know how is it possible?
5 Reasons You Will See Blood in Urine
The condition in which blood appears in the urine is known as hematuria. The loss of blood in this condition could be gross or microscopic depending on the cause of the condition. There are several causes why blood may appear in the urine. Whatever the cause may be, hematuria is mostly indicative of a serious medical condition.
Here are 5 reasons that cause blood to appear in the urine.
Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such bacterial infection in the urethra can also infect the kidneys and the urinary bladder. It results in the urge to urinate frequently and also causes blood to appear in the urine.
2. Kidney stones and bladder stones
Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
3. An enlarged prostate
An enlarged prostate is a common cause of appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urethra from getting fully emptied while urination.
4. Polycystic Kidney Disease
PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and causes blood to appear in the urine.
In children who are between 6-10 years of age, kidney disorder after streptococcal glomerulonephritis can be a possible cause of hematuria.
A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients.
Hello doctor I was suffering my hypothyroid and I was using thyronorm 50 mg tablet and now I am 5 weeks pregnant when should I test for thyroid profile again now. Should I continue my medicine now or change the dose.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.