Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Bijaya Kumar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Vegetarian foods fruits which can reduce B.P. And increase immunity, heal wound, strengthen muscle without adding weight.Can b.P. Be controlled by magnetic therapy(140/90) ?
My baby is 7 months old. On the time of birth pediatric cardiologist told he had small asd and vsd in heart and after some dys automatically closed. My baby is healthy and active and how to know is that holes are closed please help me. Any symptoms.
Are you experiencing irregular and fluctuating heartbeats? Is your heartbeat too fast or too slow? If yes, then it signifies that you are suffering from arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythms. This is a disorder which affects the heart rate or heart rhythm and the heartbeat becomes irregular.
Causes of abnormal heart rhythms
Arrhythmias occurs due to problems with the electrical conduction system of the heart. In this case, abnormal signals might occur; the electrical signals might get blocked or slowed down, or the electric signals may travel in different paths throughout the heart. Abnormal heartbeats are commonly caused by the following:
- Abnormal potassium levels in the body
- Heart attacks or due to a damaged heart muscle, owing to a previous heart attack
- Inborn heart diseases
- Cases of an enlarged heart and heart failure
- Overreaction of the thyroid gland
- Several other substances or medicines may lead to arrhythmias, such as alcohol, stimulant drugs, caffeine, nicotine, and antidepressant medicines or blood pressure medicines.
Common symptoms of this condition apart from irregular heartbeat patterns include chest pain, fainting, dizziness and light-headedness, trouble in breathing and paleness.
Diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms
For the diagnosis of arrhythmias, your doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to your heartbeat. Several health monitoring devices are used to detect abnormal heart rhythms. These include the Holter monitor and the event monitor, or a loop recorder.
Other diagnosis tests which are required to be carried out include coronary angiography, ECG or electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram. A test known as an electrophysiology can be undertaken for getting a closer look at the electrical system of the heart.
Treatment for abnormal heart rhythms
When a case of arrhythmias is severe, urgent treatment is required for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal. The different forms of treatment are as follows:
- Electrical shock therapy such as defibrillation or cardioversion
- Implanting of a heart pacemaker for a short term
- Certain medications which are given through the veins or orally
- A group of medicines known as anti-arrhythmic drugs is used for the prevention of recurrence of the condition and to keep the heart rate from fluctuating continually.
- Cardiac ablation may be carried out for destroying some areas in the heart from where the rhythm problems are caused.
- An implantable cardiac defibrillator is used in people who are at a risk of facing cardiac death.
In case you experience abnormal heart rhythm, you must consult a doctor immediately. You should only start taking medicines and follow a treatment after it has been recommended by a doctor.
I am 57 years old male with normal health suffering with mild depression, like feeling of unsecured, no sound sleep, mental fatigue, fear, no concentration, drowsiness, no desire to work, irritation, short tampered, at times low BP, extremely sentimental, highly emotional, desire to remain on bed. Taking Daxid50 for last 6 years (1 tab in 2 or 3 days). Life is very dull with no joy. Please help. Middle class family with no tension in family and everything is normal. Walk 5 kms a day in early morning also. Doing job well.
Respected Doctor, I am 59 years old with controlled hypertension and controlled blood sugar. But I have a problem on glans of penis for last few years. On the surface of my glans of penis, very fine granular eruptions appear frequently and the surface becomes red and I feel uneasy. When I apply a skin lotion i.e. Surfaz N. Thereon once or twice for a day, it disappears as if there was nothing. Again after a week the same symptom appears and treated as above and so on. Likewise, it appears again and again and subsided when treated with the said lotion. Please advise me its permanent cure and oblige. Regards.
Dear doctor. I am 67 yrs old. I was operated twice for angioplasty (2006 and 2010). Since more than two months I am feeling weakness, loss of apatite, head reeling, vomiting sensation, sleeplessness. I am unable to walk or not getting enthusiasm to do any job. There was also complaint of loose motion some times black stool. Kindly suggest me Thanks and regards.
Me and my gf do sex regularly. From strong I am bit slower but after some period of time I am so faster my gf like this so much. But at that time her heart but increases so much. Her mouth become dry and she can not talk in normal way. Is this type of increasing heart rate is dangerous for her. At last of sex much more amount of water lk substance came out from her vagina. And she became so tired and fall asleep like. So please suggest is dis type heart rate mouth dryness can led a serious condition .may a heartattack type. please suggest.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath.