Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bijaya Kumar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am having severe pain in the chest when I breath. What is the causes and what are the possible diseases?
I have problem of low blood pressure. And it is since 6 months how can I be treat my self for this problem.
I have undergone a Mittral Valve repair on 13th of this month. The operation is successful but my heart is still running on temporary pacemaker. What should I do to make my heart beat increase. My heart beat is around 50 to 52 when pacing is turned off. Kindly suggest me on this. Thanks in advance.
I am a 48 year Man, having diabetic and high blood pressure. One month back my left leg muscle (below knee) was squeezed due a slip from bike. I had taken pain killer and applied locally muscodac gel. There is pain still continues, what shall I do ?
I am 18 years old n two months ago I had increased heart beat problem after suffering from fever so I got to a heart specialist and he said everything is OK bt I insisted so he said to carry out a test I.e. Echo cardiograph. N this test was normal. So I wanted to know whether a heart problem can occur to me now like heart attack n others. Since the test was done two months ago?
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
My father has undergone angiography and been diagnosed with left main & triple vessel disease, he is 80 years of age with history of diabetes melitus type 2 and hypertension. There is calcified coronaries an 60% block in left, and 90% block in other two arteries. He has been recommended immediate CABG. Can an 80 yo withstand this surgery, what risks are involved with the history of diabetes & hypertension, is there any possibility of a non invasive medication based treatment and what are the risk in that.
High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications.
Different types of hypertension:
- Primary Hypertension: High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension: Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Symptoms Of Hypertension:
It may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Complications of hypertension:
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.