Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bijay Singh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Bijay SinghYour feedback matters!
She is feeling pain in her heels and around it ftom last couple of months. Sometimes feel difficult to walk after getting from the bed after a long time or from chair after couple of hours. Please suggest.
Hi ,I started jogging 2 days back when I do my lower leg muscles get to tight and unable to walk I need to take rest and get pain in both muscles and bone.
He is facing constant dizziness while sitting or walking he is having back pain doctors are saying may be its osteoporosis but his age is too less.
I have a problem of calcification in Achilles tendon due to which i couldn't even walk properly. I have tried a lot of doctors but problem couldn't be solved by any. Is there any treatment for this disease?
I am 20 years old. Last year in june I got my nerved pinched in the lower back. I took treatment from physiotherapist. From last 15 months I am not going to The GYM the nerve still pains when I walk long. Sometimes when I sit on the ground my legs becomes numb. My question is should I workout? If yes what exercise should I avoid? Please help me.
I have pained in my right elbow & also my right hand just down on my elbow also pained. My chest also sometimes get pained. I do not't understand that why my chest get pain sometimes. So please suggest me what should I do.
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It cxauses extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese.