Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhupinder Kaur
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhupinder KaurYour feedback matters!
Today after morning I am not feeling well backpain, headache from back side and my periods gone last week please tell me about it why it is happen?
Hello, I am 27 years old I have PCOD from last 1 .5 years Due to that my periods are irregular And I am not getting pregnant Please advise me.
Want to prepare my periods. Using primon n tablet can I get my periods before my date. And will this tablet cause any side effects or any hormonal changes. Because I had undergone a operation of cysts in my stomach. Is it safe to have primon n tablet. Pls advice.
First dates are ever so romantic if you are with the perfect guy. Women go all out in making their man feel special, especially when it comes to playing games in the bedroom. But a lack of sexual desire can play spoilsport for any relationship, and things may end even before they start. Sexual appetite is something that is a facet of a normal adult’s life. However, a lack of something like this can be the cause of some discontent in a relationship in which the partner’s appetite is different.
However, as long as a woman is willing to alter her lifestyle in a few ways, she can really boost her libido. Here are some tips for women to give their libido a much needed boost.
- Drink less and quit smoking: While drinking, as long as it is in moderation, could be said to be ok, one thing that is to be avoided at all costs is smoking. There are more than enough negative side effects of smoking, and a woman doing so is axing her own sex drive.
- Move your body: A healthy amount of exercise is great for the body and also in improving the female libido. The reason for this is that when a woman exercises, the blood flow across her body greatly improves and this does result in a better functioning of her sexual system. In addition to this, the greater the amount of exercise done by a woman, the higher the level of testosterone in her bloodstream, which goes a long way in increasing her desire to have sex.
- Stay happy: Being positive in general can really work wonders for a woman’s sex drive, as it has a range of benefits which include increasing her self-worth and her desire for sex as a partial or indirect result of the same. The great thing about being able to harness the immense power of positive thinking is the fact that apart from just her libido, the other aspects of a woman’s life will greatly improve.
A life which is bereft of or even lacking in adventure can be quite dour, to say the least. As a matter of fact, this can have a pretty big impact on the female libido as well. If a woman makes the effort to get away from the normal, run-of-the-mill schedule she may have, the benefits of doing the same are likely to manifest in her libido. Also, as it is said: sex begets more sex and this will quite likely kick off a rather enjoyable cycle for the woman. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My breast are so loose and small. How can I make it in perfect size. Any exercise can improve it, then please suggest me or something else which can improve it. Thanks.
I had intercourse from 14-20 day of this month. Is it possible for me to attain pregnancy? please let me know the fact. Because we are planning to make baby.
'Congratulations! You're pregnant!' Almost all women long to hear these words and nothing should come in the way, even diabetes. So, if you are a Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, here are a few things you should keep in mind to have a healthy baby.
- Your blood sugar must be monitored regularly: The most important thing you can do to have a healthy baby is to keep your blood sugar as close to normal before and during your pregnancy. Testing is recommended a minimum of four times a day. Glucose passes through the mother's blood to the fetus and hence if your blood sugar fluctuates, so will your baby's. High blood sugar levels are especially harmful during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy when the baby's brain, heart, kidneys and lungs are formed.
- Your pregnancy is considered high risk: High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of a miscarriage as well as the risks of your baby being born with birth defects. Diabetes can also increase the risk of developing preeclampsia during the second half of your pregnancy. This could result in a C section or premature birth. Thus, maintain regular checkups and keep your doctor in the loop of all your activities.
- You should watch out for signs of ketosis: When you have low blood sugar, the body produces ketones that can be passed on from you to your baby. This production of ketones is a result of the body's burning of fat instead of glucose to provide energy and can develop a condition called ketosis. Symptoms you should watch out for are stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, muscle stiffness, frequent urination and fruity breath.
- You need Vitamins and Supplements: Most women require vitamin and mineral supplements at the time of pregnancy. Of these, folic acid, iron, calcium and vitamin D are the most important. These supplements help in the healthy growth of the baby.
- You should exercise regularly: Maintaining a regular physical activity routine is very important for diabetics who are expecting a baby. This will help you regularize your blood sugar, relieve stress and strengthen your heart. Avoid activities that increase your risk of falling and aim for at least thirty minutes of daily exercise such as walking, swimming or yoga.
- Check your medication: Some medication can be detrimental during pregnancy such as cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Consult your doctor to find a suitable alternative, if needed. You may also need to change the kind of insulin you take and its frequency and amount. As you get closer to the delivery date, your insulin requirement may even double or triple.
The key to preventing complications during pregnancy is controlling your diabetes. So take your insulin regularly, maintain regular checkups and eat healthy. You need to be seen by your obstetrician more frequently. Your pregnancy will be monitored closely by more frequent ultrasounds and NST. If your sugar level remains under control and pregnancy is advancing well, a natural onset of pains is aimed for and a normal delivery is expected.
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Taking birth control pills is one of the easiest and effective remedies of controlling birth. Oral contraceptive pills are taken by about 12 million women of US per year for preventing unwanted pregnancy. Such pills are simply, a kind of hormonal contraception. In accordance to the ARHP (Association of Reproductive Health Professionals), approximately one in hundred women experience an unintentional pregnancy within the first year of using birth control pills. The ARHP also stated that the rate of pregnancy elevates if women miss a pill and the raised rate becomes around 30 to 80 times.
Besides contraceptive purpose, birth control pills are also utilized for non-contraceptive medical purposes for issues like- irregular periods, painful periods or dysmenorrhea, heavy periods or menorrhagia, acne, hair loss or alopecia, minimizing risks of ovarian and breast cysts, etc. Though these pills sound to be quite helpful yet they too have certain side effects or complications. Here is an account on birth control pills- complications with the pill:
Side-effects of Birth Control Pills
While taking a birth control pill for the first time, some people may experience mild nausea. In that case, if the pill is taken along with food or at night before going to bed, then it might help in lowering the chances of nausea. If anyone suffers from this particular side- effect, then it is advisable to consult a physician or seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
The next common complication of taking birth control pills on a regular basis is a headache and migraine. Various pills are available with different dose of hormone. So, the symptoms of a headache also vary. Experts and studies previously stated that if a woman takes pills of low doses of the hormone, then the chances of a headache also decreases. Again, in this case, if you are experiencing headache for a prolonged time- period, then it is better to seek medical guidance.
Changes in the Breast
While talking about birth control pills-complications with the pill, one fact that needs mention is breast tenderness. Such pills may result in enlargement of the breast. This complication usually improves just after few weeks after you start taking the pills. But, if you get to see a lump in your breast or experience extreme pain in the breast along with persistent enlargement, then taking a physician's assistance will be a wise decision. Another way of reducing breast tenderness is by decreasing the intake of salt and caffeine as well as wearing supportive bras.
No such clinical study has ever found any link between taking birth control pills and weight gain. But, still, many reports keep coming from people taking such pills that they experience fluid retention mainly in the hip and breast areas.
Also, it has to be noted that many women undergo emotional changes or suffer from depression while consuming birth control pills. If you tend to face such sort of mood swings, then contacting a physician may help you better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.