Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhupinder Dhami
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhupinder DhamiYour feedback matters!
My son who is 5 years gets lot of burps and has gas. Occasionally complaints of stomach pain. Any home remedy please.
My child is of 4.7 yes old. Day by day his physique is getting deteriorated,though his weight is 19. My question is how can I take care of him to bring back his glamour?
Hello Lybrate, My son is 6 years old he didn't listen to anyone he always talks their own. He under everything but didn't follow it. He only do what he's want. He didn't eats food at night. In small small matter and things he becomes angry. And throws the things which they got. I have consult to psychiatrist also and so much money I have spend for it. But no result he is as same as earlier. Please suggest me what I have to do. Thanks.
My 2 years old son is having loose motions since yesterday. Please suggest medicine for instant relief.
The hip joint is a ball and socket joint made up of the round head of thigh bone (femoral head) with the cup shaped socket (acetabulum) of the pelvis and Perthe’s Disease is an affliction of the hip joints in growing children. It is much more common in boys than girls, and occurs most commonly in children aged between 4 to 10 years. The cause of this problem is still unidentified.
- The blood supply to part of the femoral head is disturbed, causing loss of bone cells.
- Softening and collapse of the affected bone
- Re-establishment of the blood supply, repair and remodeling of the femoral head.
- Limping is the most common symptom. The limp may become more persistent and pain may develop. Examination of the child by the orthopaedic surgeon generally shows restriction of hip movement. The nature of Perthes disease is variable. Severity depends on the child’s age, and the extent of femoral head involvement. Older children, girls, and those with greater involvement of the femoral head are likely to require more complex treatment. Treatment aims to reduce pain and stiffness, and prevent femoral head deformity.
- All children need regular review by the orthopaedic surgeon through the duration of the disease. Not all children require active treatment. Many will make a good recovery with only symptomatic treatment. This may involve restriction of activity such as running and high impact sports. Swimming is encouraged. Some children may require exercise in slings and springs, or the application of plaster casts to the lower limbs. Some children will require surgical management.
- Children with Perthes Disease are otherwise healthy, but may be affected by physical restrictions. By middle age, one third of those affected have no symptoms, one third have intermittent hip pain, and one third would develop arthritis requiring treatment.
Health tip for babies.
Babies have variation in appetite so don't go on day to day appetite but follow weight trend over 2 to 3 months. If that is okay. Baby is doing well.
Esp in sickness babies lose appetite as we do.
Dr. Rajiv singh aradhya clinic indrapuram. Consultant max hospital vaishali.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.