Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Bhupendra BhartiYour feedback matters!
My leg muscles swell and pain a lot when ever I run hard and try to improve my stamina I am trying my best from 1.5 years, even after a long break, it starts again whenever I start running again.
My feet and palms swells if I am in a position for 10 mins or so. Even when I sleep and wake up my feet palms and face swells. But if I keep moving then it reduces. I feel very tired too. I underwent treatment for anemia 3 yrs ago. My hemoglobin count was 7 at that time. Since then I take dates and honey regularly. Am I getting anemic again?
I am 63 year old female I have pain in my thigh right side and unable to stand for long time. I have no sugar or bp.
I am a sports person with thin body I have problem while bending my knees. With a popping sound coming out of it.
I am suffering from leg pain not specifically at the joints the whole leg and back pain. Pain increase while sleeping.
How long does it take for the condition of frozen shoulder to subside? Is surgery advisable in case of delayed recovery? Physiotherapy has been of no use till now!
Pressure-related pins and needles I have pins and needles in my foot (under side) and sometimes also in hands (palm side only, fingers included) but only when they're pressing on something. So it feels normal in all those areas, until there is pressure around some specific points and then the pins and needles sensation kicks in. The relation between feeling and pressure seems linear, as I lean fully on those points it gets rather painful. I'm 55. Non smoker, don?t smoke and only occasionally drink. Don?t have diabetes but am on mild medications for BP (Atenolal 50 Mg + Amlodepene 5mg), for mild Cholesterol (Astrovastin 10mg), and mild Hypothyroidism (eltroxin 100mg i. E. 1tab) daily. Height 170 Cms, Weight 89 Kgs. Thanks.
My mom is suffering from back ache. We. Have visited to many doctors, they only gives medicines. What is the best way to treat.
I am suffering from severe back pain since last two weeks and I am having Nucoxia 120 for relieving the pain.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.