Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bhupender Kumar MishraYour feedback matters!
My brother is 15 years old. He is not able to speak sentences properly he has a iq of 70 but not suffering from autism or other mental disorder. Was weak in studies, but able to do calculations upto 2-3rd std. What should we do. Is he able to live normal life like marriage etc.
I daily try to spoke English. But I can't speak to other. What can I do? How can I spoke? Please given some ideas and help please.
Sir, I have a big problem of nervous. At a normal time. I feel normal. But. At any public place I feel nervous. Nd increased heartbeat, and whole body trembled. Also feel some problem of speaking. Before that time it was not at all. Plzz suggest what to do.
How control stammering at the age of 34, suggest a preferable ayurvedic medicine or homeopathic medicine.
Sir I have a stammering problem. And I m very tired from this again and again. So please sir consult me.
I am a sports person with thin body I have problem while bending my knees. With a popping sound coming out of it.
From 6 to 7months my tongue has started to slip and very often I misspell the words I have often started to stammer. What can be done to prevent this. This was not like this before.
How to treat stuttering. I talk normally like a normal person but I stutter a bit with few words. And that is the reason I speak alone with myself sometimes to improve my words. But my family find it crazy. And I do not do it in public like a complete mad but sometimes it gets unintentionally. Tell me how to stop talking to myself. I wonder a lot about many things. And now this is bigger problem than stuttering.
My friend is suffering with inner voice since 6 years. Like, someone speaking with him all the times in his mind. He is unable to sleep and focus on work. Could you please suggest best doctors to treat theses types of issues in Bangalore? Thanks in advance!
My 3 years old daughter doesn't speak much. She says words to explain what she wants but she doesn't talk fluently. She is good with her motor skill, body balance. She even tries to trick me. I'm a single parent. My ex husband was violent with me in front of my daughter till she was around 2 years old. Is it possible that violence that my daughter has witnessed has effected her growth or language skill in someway. Also I work long hours each day, I hardly give my daughter 3-4 hrs a day. She is mostly with her maid. Should I seek some psychological treatment for my daughter?
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.