Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Bhim VasuYour feedback matters!
I am 26 .I am married for 2 years. We did unprotected sex for 2 years. I did not take any precautions nor did he. Usually he used to bring out his thing at the time of discharge. I dint get pregnant anytime. Now as I want to conceive, I thought to consult a doctor for dos and do nots. But the doc, much to my irritation, only asked weather I take any precaution or not. She told me it is worrisome how you hvnt conceived yet if also your husband does not discharge within you. She has told me to do some test. So I want to ask is it really a danger?
How much will be the success rate of using an ipill contraceptive tablet used by the 36 hours of intercourse. And the intercourse was done during the safe periods.
Hi. Doctor. I am 7 month pregnant. From last 1 week left side of vagina is swelling and feeling hard with a little pain. Can it normal or anything else. Pls give me the solution. Will it affect my pregnancy. Pls answer as soon as possible.
I am suffering from severe stomach ache while periods. Please tell me what should i do to overcome from it?
I am 36 years female has 55kg weight, how often can I take calcium and vitamins supplement and in what dosage? kindly suggest.
Most indian dishes use onions as an ingredient in preparations. It is also used in salads. Learn about the following health benefits that eating onions gets.
- Rich source of vitamin A- onions are rich in vitamin a which aids good vision, helps boost immune system and cell growth.
- Relieves pain and inflammation - rubbing onion juice on the area if bitten by a honeybee is known to provide immediate relief from the burning sensation and the pain.
- Increases good cholesterol - raw onions are known to boost the production of hdl (good cholesterol) in the body.
- Cures infection - it is used as an age old cure for infections and inflammations.
- Is mineral & vitamin rich - onions contain natural sugar, minerals like sodium, potassium, iron and dietary fibers, vitamins a, b6, c & e, and are also a rich source of folic acid.
- Provides fiber - per 100 grams of serving contains only 44 calories along with a good 1.4 grams of fiber.
- Prevents hair loss - onion mixed with salt and pepper is rubbed on the scalp to stop hair loss, in the arab countries. Onion juice is used to make hair mask which aides thickening and growth of hair.
- Works on fever - a small piece of onion, if kept on the forehead, works against fever.
- Controls sugar levels - onions are known to help control sugar levels in the blood by increasing the insulin level.
- Purifies skin - applying onion and turmeric juice is said to remove dark patches and pigmentation problems in the skin. It also aids in treatment of acne, anti-aging, getting rid of dark spots and pigmentations, and many more.
- Clears eyesight - onion juice is used to cure eye problems. The juice is used as drops for infants, so that they have clear eyesight.
I am 25 years old female . My menstruation periods are not coming from last July. Have consult a gyno here. All my reports are normal including my thyroid and other hormones. She is given me over grace. I have also taken regestrone alternate months for the withdrawal bleeding. I am getting married in October and m gaining weight continuously due to this problem. Is taking regestrone alternate months safe? Can I take regestrone till my marriage if I don't have periods? My weight is 64 Kg.
My wife is in the early stage of pregnancy (three weeks. Can she have cashew nuts/dry fruits at this stage.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
- Irregular or missing menstrual periods
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
Many of these conditions can lead to heart disease. In fact, women with PCOS are four to seven times more likely to have a heart attack than women of the same age without the condition.
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
- Eat Right: A healthy diet low in complex carbohydrates, moderate protein and low fat is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Exercise: Start doing low-to-moderate activities like walking or swimming for 30-to-90 minutes per day because exercise (even without weight loss) has been shown to lower or get rid of insulin resistance.
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more likely you are to be insulin resistant whether you have PCOS or not. Losing just 5% of your bodyweight will help lower your insulin resistance.
- Avoid Stress: Don’t over stress yourself as it increases the blood pressure level in your body and can’t help to resist with PCOS. So, try to stay as calm as possible.
- Get more sleep (at least 7-to-9 hours in a day): Not getting enough sleep can also make your insulin resistance worse, which in turn acquires you the weight.
- Cereals: Barley, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, muesli, bran flakes, whole wheat porridge, brown rice, multigrain bread
- Pulses: Yellow moong, green moong, chana dal, beans, whole pulses
- Dairy products: Skimmed or toned milk, soy milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt
- Fruits: Berries, plums, peaches, oranges, papaya, pears, watermelons, apples
- Nuts: Walnut, almonds, flaxseeds
- Vegetables: Carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.