Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhawna JhambYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and my beards haven't grown till yet I have a little amount of hairs on my chicks. They are dense but very few and improper is there anything I can do to get my face full with the beards like a normal 22 year boy.
Some Year before I've a glowing and whitening face. But during 1 year I am loosing my that face. So nw what can should I do to get back that face. Tell me the way. Plzzz.
I am 22 years old. I am getting pimples on my face and my body. The pimple size is too small and it is invisible in 2 to 3 days but a big scar on that area. I want to know how to get clear those scars ang get a scarsfree skin. Thank you.
I am suffering hair fall to the last few week's please suggest me any kind of shampoo that reduces it.
I am 20 year old female and have acne on my shoulder and all over back since last 2or 3 years. Some of the acne are dry off but still I am having their black marks and some of them are new extremely red in colour and also I feel pain when ever any new acne come. Please suggest me, what to do. Thanks.
I am getting excess of hair fall problems from the last two three months. What I should do to stop hair fall.
Can acne treatment done without internal dose I. E any type of pills or tablets and with the help of only external dose if yes how?
I have been having acne problems past 8 years. Past 2 years I am using proactive. Theres quite a improvement but acne comes back again and again. I am really tired of it. Please help.
Hi Dr. Dear Sir I had too many Pimples but I started taken medicines as a result my pimples problem is Going away but now the problem is its marks. My face is slightly red around chick thats pimples red marks which is not going. So how can I get relief from that marks of pimples?
Hi,i am 37 years old having hair thinning and hair lose problem? vegeterian taking normal food habits with littler exercise in the morning. Please advise, at least to hold the existing hair in place?
Dear sir From past 3 months I am facing skin problem like vitiligo for this I taking photo therapy treatment from doctor I seen betterment on previous patches now raising new one what is better treatment for future.
I have many pimples on my face and many acne and also blackheads what is the natural way to get rid off from that.
Hello, I am 16 years old. My hands and palms use to burn and I the skin also moves out from palms ; I have consulted doctors but still it happens. It use to happen only in summer because of hot temperature in the surroundings. Please tell some precautions so that the pain should not be any more. Thank you.
My back is full of acne from last 1 year, what could be the reason behind this and how it can be treated? Kindly suggest.
Hi, I am 20 years old and am suffering from hair fall problem. Hairs are becoming weak and rough and also suffering from dandruff. What should I do?
I have white patches in my whole body. What should I do to change these patches into skin colour permanently?
Hi. I'm losing hair from 1yr Hair fall from 1yr. My hair was thick and rough so, started using head n shoulder shampoo. Now my hair is smooth. But my hair is falling from 1 yr. What shall I do now?
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyperpigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun-screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.