Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bhawna GandhiYour feedback matters!
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Sir, my right eye is looking tera. It's look very bad, How can I treat it? Pls give me some solution.
Sir, I have a eye problem that I look straight my left eye pupil shift upper& little left side for 1 month sir what can I do for it.
Dear sir/ madam, I am suffering from eye sight. Please give me suggestions for this. Thanking with regards.
I am 31 years old. I usually work in front of computer. During evening my eyes started to pain .moreover my back started to pain. What should I do?
My wife got ARMD (age related macular doses) 7 years ago in left eyes, that time she treated by AVASTATINE but no positive result got, four years back she got same thing in right eye but at the starting she started to take inj. Of LUCENTIS she took about 6 inj recommended by eye specialist at specify periods, she got some positive result but not 100 percent but it stopped increasing. From last one year it started again PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT IS LATEST TREATMENT FOR THE ARMD EYE DISEASE please ADVICE.
Mere sir m bahut jyada pain bana rehta h aur allergie ke bhi problem bani rehti h aur eye red color ke Ho jati h.
I have red eyes for over three days. What should I do? Please Tell me fast. I am waiting for your reply.
Dear Doctor, My son is six years old boy. He feels Headache often. Ten days before Eye camp was held by his school that report shows eye sight is clear. So now I am in confusion what is the reason for his headache whether eye problem or some restless feeling or sleeplessness. I have that kind of problems and I am wearing spectacles sine three years. Please suggest me what to do?
Hi, I m 27years girl. My both eyes are already operated for squint before 17 year, now I gone through a checkup and cataract found in right eye. I have pain in dat eye and swelling is also there in dat eye. I afraid of operation, is there ny other way to cure cataract. please suggest?
I am 21 Years old I am suffering from a eyes problem. My eyes pains so much sometime even I cannot sleep that time I have no problem in focusing anything but 1 Day in a week its pain so much. I want a gud treatment pls help. If there is any medicine pls tell?
Sir. Mere ankh bahut dard hote hai aur lall bahut hote hai. Light dekhne se aur dhiwan aur hawa me jane se to mai kya karon.
Hello 65 I have diabetes and I have eye operation appointment in two days but they refused to do the operation because of my diabetes can you please help out with this.
What's the eye 6/9 means. My eye is -1.75. I can't see clear of far person or goods with out lance. Is my eye size is 6/9 please replayRegardsRajiv.
1. Every 20 minutes of looking at the screen, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Also, try to blink a lot.
2. Adjusting settings: Using a larger font to read helps to reduce eye strain. Adjusting your brightness helps, usually brighter screens are better in brighter rooms, dimmer screens are better in dark rooms.
3. Also, try to make your computer screen lower than your eyes. More of your eye is covered by your eyelid when you look down, so there will be more lubrication and you will subconsciously blink more.
4. Eating: A healthy diet prescribed by a registered dietitian will help you select foods rich in vitamin a and other nutrients for a healthy eye.
Do reply back if you need any help regarding foods to chose for your specific ailment.