Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhawna AwasthyYour feedback matters!
My wife was treated for Breast Cancer 5 years back. She is fine except she has lymhodema in left arm. Is their any treatment for this problem? I have told by AIIMS that she has do certain regular exercise and in-addition she is using Compression sleeves and Machine also. Any further suggestion to keep under control?
Sir I am suffering from health anxiety disorder from last 2 year. I am continuously searching on google for small symptoms also. Now I am afraid of stomach cancer as I have gerd. Please help to come out from this please doctor advise me what should I do.
She's have a throat cancer. What we can give her in liquid form to eat and what precautions we can take for cure.
Lump discovered please help Hi, I have never had a lump in my breast before I'm 24 years old and I'm worried. The lump is on the same side as where I had an abscess removed recently. It's red and inflamed on the outside and tender to touch. Wondering what it could be, thanks .
I am diagnosed with Prostate enlargement. What Ayurvedic medicines are there for Prostate enlargement.
Sir, how much is the recovery chance of AML (acute myeloid leukemia). The patient is 7 years old girl.
I have peeling on one breast Nipple and sometimes blood on applying any fluid cream. Or otherwise sometimes little blood without applying anything. I m. Unmarried. Is it Breast cancer sign or serious.
Sometime I have severe pain on my armpits side of my breast and my breast size also increases how can I control these problems and it happens 10 days before my periods is it normal or symptoms of any major problem.
It's been 3 months my mother diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Now planning for surgery, before it what test should be done and can we also look for immunotherapy for it.
My father, aged 74 years, is suffering from enlarged prostate problem, i. E, specially at night urine realesed slowly from prostate. We recently done his psa test, which is now 186. 3. My question is can my father be cuered from this problem and is there any chance of prostate cancer.
The food you eat is critical for your overall well-being as cancers that often affect the human body are of gastrointestinal origin. Stick to organic and chemical free foods to live a healthier life, since they reduce the risk of cancer substantially. Regular consumption of the food items mentioned below increase your risk of developing cancer, as well as many other conditions and should be avoided at all costs.
- Microwave popcorn: Most microwave popcorn bags are lined with c8, also known as Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA), which increases the risk of certain cancers such as kidney, testicular, bladder, pancreas and liver cancer notably. Microwave popcorn also contains an artificial or synthetic butter flavoring called diacetyl, which is extremely toxic and obstructs breathing.
- Canned tomatoes: While tomatoes are considered to be cancer fighting foods, their canned counterparts are extremely unhealthy and may cause cancer. This is mainly due to the lining of the cans they are put in, which contains a chemical known as Bisphenol A or BPA that has been proven to elevate the risk of infertility as well as prostate and breast cancer. Due to the high acidic level. BPA leaks from the lining of the cans and penetrates into the fruit. Tomatoes should be cooked fresh or stored in glass jars.
- Processed/Grilled red meat: Processed meats such as sausages, prosciutto, bacon, pimento loaf, bologna, hot dog, etc., contain various chemicals and preservatives such as sodium nitrate. This is added to make the meat look fresh and appealing, but are, in fact, carcinogenic in nature. Moreover, you should also avoid grilling meat, since it releases a carcinogen known as heterocyclic aromatic amines, which is another dangerous food item that smoked meat contains as it picks up tar from the smoking process.
- Farmed salmon: It is imperative to avoid farmed salmon because they are fed unnatural diets that are contaminated with carcinogens, antibiotics, chemicals, pesticides and so on. They also harbor sea lice, 30 times greater in amount than wild salmon. High levels of PCBs, cancer causing dioxins, and mercury have been found in them. It is advisable to opt for wild sockeye salmon instead of farmed salmon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist.
My age is 80 years and large prostate. I am taking Dutas T for last 2-3 years and urine flow is mostly normal. Is Excess of Dutas T is harmful?
My prostate is slightly enlarged and the sonologist is of the opinion it is suggestive of benign hypertrophy prostate. It measures 4. 2- 4. 9- 3. 6 cms ( 39 gms } although I don't have any specific problem I would like to know when I should have the prostate removed. Thanks.
The skin has the largest surface area and is most exposed to the external environment. This exposure causes a lot of wear and tear, and one of the worse complications including melanoma, which is a form of skin cancer. Read on to know about its causes, caution signs to stay alerted and how to take care of the skin.
The skin has cells known as melanocytes which give it the color. Generally, the more the number of melanocytes, the darker is the person’s complexion. This pigment is also present in skin, hair, nails, and eyes. The moles are skins are areas of higher concentration of these cells. Africans moles can be a precursor to melanoma, but not all moles turn to melanoma.
- Exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun. Fair-skinned people are at greater risk than darker complexioned people. A single sunburn experience can also increase the risk of developing melanoma
- Use of tanning beds, especially in people below 30, ups the risk of melanoma. Indoor tanning beds is classified as having the highest record by WHO
- Family history
- Ethnicity, with Hispanics at the greatest risk and African-Americans at the least risk
- For those who have risk factors for developing melanoma, a monthly self-exam is advisable. A formal annual exam with a dermatologist is also advised. This will help in early identification of the condition and lead to early treatment and containment.
- Melanoma is not restricted to the skin, can also occur in feet, eyes, and scalp
- Use a mirror to check all over the body
- If you have moles, watch for change in their size, shape, and regularity. Any change should be immediately checked for.
- If you see any new irregularities on the skin anywhere, get medical attention.
- Any sore that has not healed
- Any swelling that is near the mole or has not regressed
- Change in sensation including itching or pain
- A quick way to remember is to check for ABCDE: Asymmetry of the lesion, irregularity of the borders, change in color, diameter greater than six mm, and speed of evolution. Watching for these can help in early diagnosis.
Melanoma is directly linked to sun exposure, and so reducing sun exposure and taking adequate precautions can help in prevention.
- Avoid or reduce exposure to sun
- Use sunscreen religiously. The SPF should be at least 30 and should be reapplied every two hours
- Use a hat or cap, sunglasses, and cover up when out in the sun
- Be extra careful when out on the beach or in the mountains
- Avoid sun if possible between 10AM to 4PM
- Use tan removal agents after a sun exposure
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
I am 61 and have no any health problems. Kindly advise frequency of sex with wife. I am capable of enjoying it whenever I feel. But it is said that frequent sex would affect prostate glands. Is it right?
Sir, I am rahul Raj. I am 20 Yr old. Nd my mausi has blood cancer. What is the process of cure of these diseases.
Hello mam my name is ruchi my age is 29 I having swelling in my breast and offcourse my breast size is heavy so tel me what I should do I even can not wear my fav dresses.
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.