Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhawna AwasthyYour feedback matters!
Antiperspirants can cause breast cancer
A) True or False
You may have heard that chemicals in antiperspirants can get into your body through razor nicks and cause breast cancer. If this idea makes you break out in a cold sweat, here’s some peace of mind: Experts say there’s no evidence this is true.
I am having some problem with urine frequency and lower pressure of urine and have to apply more force while passing urine. Is there any need to go for any prostate test etc. While I am having sound sleep of 6-8 hrs and not waking up for the urination. Please suggest me some remedy, proper diet and exercise.
Being a vegetarian what all things we can consume which will keep the cancer cells away? Even consuming green vegetables like spinach, cabbage host lot of germs. What are the daily habits to keep the cancer cells off the body?
I am 39 and weight 87ks I have a lump measuring almost 2 CMS in length on the right side of my stomach and it's there since almost more than 10 yrs, but now it pains sometimes when it is under pressure like a pin. My wife passed Away 2 years back cause of cancer and then multiple organ failure. I am having a daughter of 7 years ad hence I M afraid of getting myself checked. What could be the same. Please advice.
Eating tobacco 3 to 4 time in a day can cause cancer tobacco leave and churna I am eating from past 15 years and my mouth is clean no damage should I continue or stop now I am 36 years old give me advice.
I am 21 years old girl. I have A cyst in my right breast and I consulted a doctor when I was felt the pain .that was 2 years back .and the scanning report is that:-shows mild fibroadenosis more on right side .there is a small cyst 1.1*0.6 cm at 1 0' clock position of right mammary gland. No abnormal calcification. But now I feel that the cyst is multiplying. I felt that another one is coming on that same breast. Is that any serious one?
I' smoke 15 cigarettes regularly is there any harm to my health? Because many people are saying it that it will cause you cancer and you should quit smoking. So wat to do?
Hi Dr. after the n c my two heavy period n after that my Dr. give me novelon tab course 21 days bt I have pain in breast n increase in size is it normal or other problem with my breast please help.
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.