Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhatia PoonamYour feedback matters!
My father is 69 years old and is a chain smoker for almost 50 years now and for the last few days there is white ulcers type of swelling in his mouth on the left side now I am not able to understand what to do please guide me accordingly.
There is sometime bleeding from my teeth. I am very scared about it. Is there any solution for this.
I am suffering with dental pain. Doctor said you should do root canal. Sir compulsory can ido this treatment?
My son Evan is 3 and 8 month old. Night time he is suffering tooth pain from one month. I consulted one Doctor she told the vein death happened and infection is there the only possible way is root canal. Any other solution? We are not preferring root canal and plucking pls give a suggestion.
Using baking soda as a home remedy for whitening your teeth is helpful, but do not use harshly as it acts as an abrasive it will abrade your enamel layer exposing dentinal tubles making them sensitive.
Use baking soda but once in a week, it helps in removing stains but just avoid applying it harshly.
Hi I have bad breath problem please guide me something to remove it. As it is so embarrassing to talk with anyone please help me out of this and also I want to tell you that I don't have dental problems or gastric problems. I have already met dentist nd gastroenterologist but they said everything is ok. But still I am facing dis problem. please help me.
I got root canal done in one of my teeth last year, but I am not able to eat with this teeth, it pains after 2-3 days and there is so much of swelling in gums around.
My father is 67 years . He is having sugar. He is suffering from tooth cavities, can he extract the tooth ? We are scared because of sugar. Pls advise.
Doctor I have upper tooth (inside) pain since 5 days, i am unable to control the pain, please give remedy for this ?
Sir, I am a student of Nit Patna Sir ,mai gutakha khata tha Jo 15 din ho Gaye hai chhode hue ,sir mere left gaal Ke under white ulser hai Jo kabhi kabhi pain karta hai aur 9 din se hua hai ,& left jabdon wali teeth bhi pain kar raha hai lagta hai jaise usme kuchh hai hi nahi, Sir mere throat me 30 Dino se gaanth hai jiske wajah se gala dard karta hai ,muh bhi michlata hai ,& mouth me hamesha khhatepan rahta hai ,sir mai isase bahut tension me hoon ,please sir kya mujhe cancer hai ya ho sakta hai Mai kya karron sir ,please tell me.
I don't know Why but when I woke up in morning my mouth stinks very badly. I brush regularly. But don't know why this is happening.
I have been experiencing white patches in the mouth (under the tongue) and throat discomfortability for 8 years now. Aslo a cough with expectoration what could be that?
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.