Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. BhatiaYour feedback matters!
Recently from last 4 to 6 months my mom is suffering with snoring problem when she slept. And day by day it is increasing gradually. So please suggest how to get relief from this problem. My mom's age is 38 and weight is 76. And she has a problem of unwanted hair growth on face due to hormonal imbalance (menstrual cycle. So is this the reason for the problem of snoring?
Hi, I have been suffering from fever for last two weeks but I think it is not because of climate or weather change. It may be due to the food i'm having at my hostel, because I feel giddy after having it. How can I be sure?
One of my friend son has tonsils. His age is 4 years. Is there any treatment for reducing that? One of doctor said to remove those when he grows up.
I am 60 years old healthy man. But right now I developed a severe cough with sore throat. There is a slight fever also. Should I start antibiotics now and if so which one?
I am a student and I have regular sneezing and cold problem. Every morning when I wake up sneezing and cold starts. During night fever also starts. My body weight is also increasing very rapidly. Please suggest me what should I do?
I am suffering from cold throughout the year. Blocked nose. I am not able to take breath easily. So kindly tell me how to get rid of it. Its urgent. thanks.
Hello doctors. I had some throat infections because of which I was getting fever and too much tiredness and cough. Went to see the doctor got injections and medicines. Got relief from throat infection but lots of cough coming out now and too much congestion in my chest. Still feeling uneasy and feverish. Shortness of breath and chronic cough. Uneasy while sleeping.
I get puffy eyes and start sneezing in the spring I think I have seasonally allergies what can I do to alleviate to the symptoms.
My husband is having severe pain in throat, doctors say its swollen tonsils, but inspite of taking antibiotics its still too painful for him to swallow even the saliva please do help me out Thnx.
My mother is 50years old, she is getting pain in joint knee, also hand paining in joint, also suffering from vertigos, also thyroid operation has done, chest pain, weight getting increase, BP getting high most of the time, Specially suggest something on knee joint & BP. Currently doctor has suggested medicine Telma 40mg, electron 100, Tab triple cal forte/supracal So is there more requirement in medicine or some exercise.
I am suffering from sinus. Please suggest the remedy. I want to join swimming in june 2015 can I join although I have sinisitus.
I always feel there is something inside my throats of which I keep throwing out fluids every time. Please what might be the cause
What is a Sinusitis Surgery?
The traditional sinus surgery involves the removal of the diseased sinus tissue with improvements in the drainage channels by creating a definite pathway so as to drain out the infection from the cavities.
Usually, endoscopic techniques allow for better access and visualization as compared to making external incisions. This furthers the recovery process from this sort of a surgery.
Unlike other surgeries, a sinusitis surgery aims at re-routing the infected sinus pathways in addition to clearing the damage pathways. Post-operative care is as important as the surgery itself. In fact, insufficient follow-up and poor post-op care are two of the most important reasons behind the failure of this surgery.
Few essential things you need to know before such a surgery:
- Balloon Sinuplasty is a comparatively newer method to treat and expand the natural drainage mechanisms of one’s sinus passages.
- The patient should refrain from eating or drinking any beverage at least eight hours prior to the surgery.
- Once the surgery is carried out, the patient can go home and rest with his/her head elevated for faster recovery. Also, applying a towel wrapped in ice can also help stop the bleeding that might so commonly occur.
- Recovery from the surgery can take about 5 days and the patient should not carry out any strenuous activity until cleared by the surgeon.
- Post-operative care is of the essence in this sort of a surgery.
- Follow up with the doctor if you happen to have fever that refuses to subside even with medications, headaches that do not respond to medications or bleeding that doesn’t stop.
- Any swelling in and around the nose or fluid draining from the nose should not be left ignored and untreated.
- Identify and stay away from allergens, moisturize your nose frequently with the help of nose moisturizers and avoid the common cold and flu.
Endoscopic surgery is preferred over traditional surgery for most cases of chronic sinusitis that require surgery. It is less invasive, less expensive, and has a lower rate of complications.
- Endoscopic surgery may be done to remove small amounts of bone or other material blocking the sinus openings or to remove growths (polyps). Normally, a thin, lighted tool called an endoscope is inserted through the nose so the doctor can see and remove whatever is blocking the sinuses.
- Sinus surgery may be done when complications of sinusitis, such as the development of pus in a sinus, infection of the facial bones, or brain abscess have occurred. In this type of surgery, the doctor makes an opening into the sinus from inside the mouth or through the skin of the face.
What are the complications and risks?
- Recurrence of polyps or other nasal problems.
- Excessive bleeding post-surgery.
- Chronic drainage from the nasal cavities, crusting of one’s nose and excessive dryness.
- Further aggressive surgery might be required.
- Damage to one’s eyes.
- Damage to one’s skull, including drainage of spinal fluid.
- Facial or upper teeth numbness.
- Polyps which result in nasal obstruction.
Here are some suggestions for taking care of your nose and sinuses after surgery:
- Keep your head elevated to help reduce bleeding and swelling after your operation. The first night after surgery, elevate your head with extra pillows or sleep in a recliner.
- If you have packing material and splints in your nose, make sure they stay in place. If the packing gets clogged, breathe through your mouth. Do not remove the packing or splints.
- Some bleeding is normal for 2 to 3 days after your operation. If you think you are bleeding a lot, be sure to call your doctor.
- Don’t blow your nose for at least a week after surgery. Don’t do any heavy lifting, straining, or strenuous exercise. This increases the likelihood of bleeding in your nose.
- If you have to sneeze, try doing it with your mouth open.
- Don’t take aspirin. It slows clotting and increases bleeding.