Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharati Gosain
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bharati GosainYour feedback matters!
Mujhe period aane ke ek do din baad pet me left side niche ki taraf dard hota hai. Sath sath pairo m bhi dard hota hai. Kya ye gaistic ka dard hai ya kuch or. please help.
Meri wife sex k time garm nhi hoti h. Please koi aesi medicines btaye ki sham ko du to puri raat sex k liye teyaar rhe meri wife.
My wife is not conceiving though she is under medical supervision for the last eighteen months. She is now taking Duphaston (1 tab. From day16 to 25) OvigynDSR (1tab. Daily) Clomipure (day3 to day 7) and Hucog hp5000 inj. Monthly once for the last two months. She only has been diagnosed with a minimum thyroid. Her age is 33years and she is a bit bulky. Kindly give me your valuable tips as what to do.
I am married woman .l have pcod problem. I am trying for conceiving. My doctor suggest me to take folisurge 300 iu injection for 6 days. After 6 days doctor told me that there is no ovulation. So doctor said me to take folisurge 75 iu injection for another 3 days. Is it any possibility for ovulation after 3rd days.
6 weeks pregnant. Red color bleeding. Go hospital ultrasound scan baby is normal heartbeat is starting scan report. Bleeding reason why?
Hello doctors. I am 27 year old female and I am using way to slim powder daily with 1 glass milk at replacement of breakfast as per as doctor advice. Can you tel me how much calories for 2 spoon way to slim powder. I am having pcod since 2 and half year. I want to try to conceive second baby. Is it ok if replace breakfast with that powder. And give me some tips to conceive fast and healthy baby. Thank you.
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes daily
2. Stay active don't sit for more time
3. Diet should include more vegetables and different colour fruits, brown rice, legumes, nonvegetarian people may consume lean meat and fish instead of having red meat.
4. Have a good sleep
5. Quit smoking and alcohol
6. Cope up with stress through exercise and yoga
7. Homoeopathic constitutional treatment not only reduces the risk of chronic diseases in patients but also increases immunity against many futuristic infections too.
I am taking treatment of fungal infection since 4 month. The infection get covered but now sometimes while sweats the infection again spreads like sweat skin and itching again. Can I continue the Lulican cream 30g composition 1.0%w/w. I want to plan baby Please suggest for getting conceive. Can I use this cream during my pregnancy? please help.
I have HB -9.4 g/dL, ESR - 100 MM, uric acid - 6.8 mg/DL, B12 - 885 Pg/ml, I don't feel fine ,I have pcos too. I am starting the medication now for PCOs. Rise is B12 should be a matter of concern? Please advice.
Menstruation is a healthy experience of a woman’s life, and it must come habitually every 28 days, for a period of 3-4 days without coagulating, and the blood loss should correspond to about a quarter of a cup. For a woman, menstrual cycle is a virtuous indicator of her overall wellbeing. Some women get irregular periods that appear at longer intervals, an unpredictable discrepancy in the duration of the cycle and the normal twenty-eight day cycle is missing. Some women have very insignificant problems with menstrual cycles, while others experience a monthly torture.
Irregular menses is typical in early puberty and not generally perturbing. Women should be alarmed when periods are spaced out for more than two months, as this may suggest hormonal imbalance and ovulation problems. A woman’s customary hormonal cycle is contingent upon a subtle equilibrium between different hormones. Several potential triggers can stimulate hormonal imbalance leading to irregular menses. If a woman fails to ovulate, her ovaries will not receive a signal to produce a hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is essential in regulating the Uterine lining called endometrium, which is discarded during menstruation. Without progesterone, the endometrium persistently grows until it starts to break down and is disposed off as a very heavy uterine bleeding. The endometrium may also shed partially and intermittently, and bleeding becomes irregular or prolonged.
Causes of Irregular Menses:
- Birth control pills.
- Poor diet due to anorexia, bulimia can influence your hormones.
- Excessive weight loss or gain.
- Intense exercise.
- Anxiety regarding pregnancy.
- Excessive production of Androgen (a steroid hormone such as testosterone that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics).
- Uterine fibroids, cysts, polyps.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in this condition the ovary does not make all the hormones needed for any egg to mature fully, due to which some follicles remain as cysts, ovulation does not occur and the hormone progesterone is not made. Without progesterone a woman’s menstrual cycle is irregular or absent).
- Endometriosis (this is a condition where cells similar to those found inside the uterus grow and are attached outside the uterus forming implants. This can lead to infertility and irregular menses).
- Pelvic infection.
- Ovarian cancer.
- Inflammatory Bowel disease.
- Thyroid disease.
- Heart disease.
Symptoms of Irregular Menses:
- Inconsistency in the length of menstrual cycle.
- Low energy levels.
- Sore breasts.
- Changes in sexual desire.
- Uterine cancer.
- Endometrial Hyperplasia (excessive cell growth in the inner lining of the uterus due to excessive estrogen production as a result of delayed ovulation).
Homeopathic Approach to Irregular Menses:
Homeopathy offers an extensive range of options than conventional medicine. Homeopathic treatment for Irregular Menstruation is very competent, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. Homeopathic Constitutional treatment based on the holistic approach stimulates the natural hormonal balance without administering any harmful hormone preparations. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body's natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being.
Constitutional Homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional Homeopath is an excellent choice for Irregular Menstruation. Some Homeopathic remedies that are commonly used to treat Menstrual Irregularities are given below. These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Homeopathic remedies for Irregular Menses:
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is one of the first remedies thought of, in affection, peculiar to women. It's essentially feminine disposition of gentleness timidity, mildness, docility – “excellent thing in woman” – is most characteristic of the drug; even tearfulness, another feminine attribute, strongly points to Pulsatilla. Then, we have fickleness, indecision and changeableness, which are certainly characteristic of Pulsatilla and of some women. Dark menses which are delayed and accompanied with this severe menstrual colic and the characteristic temperament will be the indications. The menses of Pulsatilla, besides being scanty, are quite apt to appear too late.
- Caulophyllum: This is a valuable remedy in treating irregular periods, difficulty becoming pregnant or slow childbirth due to weak muscle tone of the uterus. The patient feels menstrual discomfort with heavy bleeding and drawing pains in the pelvic region, thighs, and legs. These patients complain of habitual abortion due to uterine debility.
- Cimicifuga Racemosa: This remedy is intended for irregular and painful menses, with shooting pains that go down the hips and thighs, or cramps similar to labor-pains that are felt in the pelvic area. Women become restless, fearful, and depressed before a menstrual period. These women are strong, talkative, depressed, they try to injure themselves, and have dreams of impending evil, with fear of riding in a closed carriage.
- Lachesis: This remedy is suggested to women who are passionate, with a tremendous need for an outlet, both physically and mentally. The menstrual flow is irregular, heavy and brings relief of tension. These patients are very outspoken with strong feelings of suspicion or jealousy. They have an intolerance of restrictive clothing around the waist or neck.
- Lycopodium: This is an outstanding remedy for delayed menses that follows a heavy flow lasting more days. These patients have a ravenous appetite with a strong craving for sweets. They complain of abdominal bloating and flatulence, and always have a worried look with lack of confidence, though they may be bossy with their family.
- Murex Purpurea: This remedy works amazingly in Irregular Menstruation with large clots and feeling of protrusion. These patients feel very weak, are very conscious of a womb, and feel as if something is pressing on a sore spot in the pelvis. This sore feeling is worse on sitting, hence the patient always sits with legs tightly crossed. Least contact of parts causes violent sexual excitement in these women.
- Secale Cornutum: This is a useful remedy for Irregular menses in thin, shriveled skinned women. Their whole body is pervaded by a sense of great heat and they have burning pains in the uterus. Menses is irregular, dark and at times, there is continous oozing of watery blood until the next period. Their pregnancy concludes in a threatened abortion in the third month
- Sepia: This remedy is best suited to women who feel weary and dragged-out, and are indifferent to their own family members. She feels taken for granted and overworked, becomes irritable and sarcastic if demands are made. Menses is delayed with a feeling that the pelvic floor is weak, or as if the uterus is sagging.
Self-care measures for Irregular Menses:
- Relax and ease stress.
- Avoid exhausting physical exercise.
- Eliminate any eating disorders.
- Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce your intake of salt and caffeine.
Hence, appreciate a natural way to a healthy uterus, convalesce healthy living and curtail the changes that happen during your menstrual years.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!