Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bharati GosaiYour feedback matters!
I m 22 years old. I get my periods regularly. But this month it was very very less. That does indicate any health problem?
She s having fibroid problem. And she is 7 months pregnant. Is there chances for this again when she is pregnant again ?
I am 27 yrs old unmarried girl. I have breast problem. My left size breast is bigger than right side. I know it is very normal thing. But in my case it is not normal. For eg if right breast size is 30 than left size breast is 34. I feel very embarrassment because of this. I am not able to dress up as per my choice. And emotionally also it is affecting me. Please advice.
As we know summer is going to start means it is end of winter. It generally starts from March till June. This is hottest season.
Our god has beautiful creation that food given to us according to season. Here I want to discuss about fruit which we should must consume during summer season. They protect from dehydration and keep nourished more than ever:-
1: Mango: This is the kung of all fruits. Specially it is summer fruit. IT contains 81 gm of water,0.6 gm of protein,0.4 gm of protein,17 gm of carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and some antioxidants.It prevent constipation, manage heart problem, Treat anaemia, contribute in hair growth.
2: Watermelons: Containing 95.8 gm of water and very little carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins. This is rich source of iron about 8 gm .It contains lycopene which makes our skin young and prevent cancer.
3: Muskmelon: Musk melons are a powerhouse of health. It containing so many nutrients like Carbohydrate, Protein, Dietary Fibre, Sodium, Vitamin, Folic Acid, Niacin, calcium, magnesium, potassium, Carotenoids. It has a super high percentage of water, available in summer give cooling and hydrating effect. Their seeds contain many health benefits as well.
4: Grapes: One of the best fruit for summer containing 79 % water, vitamins, minerals. A poly-phenolic phytochemical compound (a antioxidants) found which protect from heart disease, nerve disease, Alzheimer, Anaemia, viral and fungal disease. It contains those nutrients which are equivalent to mother milk.
5: Lychee: A juicy fruit lychee have been said treasure of nutrients like carbohydrate, vit-c, vit-A, vit—B complex, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc. These are best for skin health i.e pimples and wrinkles. They also contain betacarotein, oligonol which keep our heart healthy. They are best remedy for cancers, cough, cold, sore-throat and also helpful in weight reduction.
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I'm 31 underwent 3 miscarriage 1 year back. After that have issues like breast discharge , I'm not able to conceive again and frequent urine infection. .
I am Getting my irregular periods and after delivery I feel so weak back pain and menstrual cramps with heavy flow.
1. It’s antimicrobial!
Storing contaminated water in copper for up to 16 hours at room temperature considerably reduces the presence of the harmful microbes, so much that the researchers inferred that “copper holds promise as a point-of-use solution for microbial purification of drinking-water.
An additional study from university of south carolina researchers explored the purifying power of copper, finding that “antimicrobial copper surfaces in intensive care units (icu) kill 97% of bacteria that can cause hospital-acquired infections,” resulting in a 40% reduction in the risk of acquiring an infection. The research was done in a hospital icu. The research found that the rooms with copper-surfaced objects had less than half the infection incidence than those rooms without copper.
2. It’s a great brain stimulant.
Our brain works by transmitting impulses from one neuron to another through an area known as the synapses. These neurons are covered by a sheath called the myelin sheath that acts like a sort of conductive agent – helping the flow of impulses. How does copper figure here you ask? well, copper actually helps in the synthesis of phospholipids that are essential for the formation of these myelin sheaths. Thereby, making your brain work much faster and more efficiently. Apart from that copper is also known to have anti-convulsive properties (prevents seizures).
3. It aids in weight loss.
If diet just doesn’t seem to be helping you lose weight, try drinking water stored in a copper vessel on a regular basis. Apart from fine tuning your digestive system to perform better, copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently.
4. It slows down aging.
If you are worried about the appearance of fine lines, copper is your natural remedy! packed with very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties, copper fights off free radicals – one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines – and helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
5. Copper has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in arthritis and other inflammatory pains. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints. In addition to that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
6. It can fight off cancer.
Copper has very strong antioxidant properties that helps fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer. According to the american cancer society the exact mechanism of how copper helps prevent the onset of cancer is still not known but some studies have shown that copper complexes have a considerable anti-cancer effect.
My wife has Menses problem her age is 24 yrs. I consult to many doctors but this problem is not solve out pls tell me the solution.
Hi! Doc. I am 6 months pregnant witj low lying placenta. So what precautions should I take to have everything normal. Please suggest.
Hi. I am 22 virgin. Is it normal to have one side of labia minora fatter & the other side almost visible partially?
Keeping your body fit is not only a prerequisite for a healthy life, it is also important for your partner's healthy life. When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person.
This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases:
- Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
- Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
- Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
- Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
- Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV.