Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bharat Bhushan Bharti
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Health Check Up
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat Bhushan BhartiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
good experience from sir quick response knowledge is good and thanks for answer for me I feel relax and sir very care of patients thanks so much sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Bharat Bhushan Bharti to be caring. ok sir
Asthma is a painful pulmonary disease that is usually caused due to inflammation of the air passages. The tubes that help us breathe in and out can get contaminated with pollutants and allergens like dust, smoke, pet hair, pollen and nettle, amongst various other substances. This can lead to coughing, shortness of breath, chest pain due to breathing difficulties and wheezing as the lungs try to get more oxygen which cannot pass through the swollen airways. This is usually characterised as asthma. In recent times, there has been a worrying increase in child asthma. Read on to find ways in which this can be treated.
Symptoms: Treating breathing difficulties is the first and foremost way of treating asthma in children. This is especially important because of the oxygen requirement for normal and proper development of the brain and rest of the body.
Long Term Medication: Inhaled Corticosteroids which act to combat inflammation and reduce the same, can be used by children. Also, leukotriene modifiers can be used along with these inhalers. But one must be careful of psychological reactions like aggression during the use of this medicine. Combination inhalers can also help in tackling agonists that can trigger severe and potentially fatal asthmatic attacks. Theophylline is another drug that can be taken on a daily basis to keep the bronchial tubes or air passages open.
Quick Relief Medication: Albuterol, pirbuterol, and levalbuterol are some of the medicines that can be used in the short term for quick and instant relief. Yet, there is no guarantee that the symptoms will not return and there is still a need for a child to undergo focussed and long term medication to alleviate the risk of severe attacks.
Immunotherapy: Asthmatic attacks that are caused due to the allergens like pollen, dust, smoke, nettle, pet hair, and other similar substances, will need a series of injections that contain a small measure of the allergens so that the immune system is strengthened. This will ensure that the child's allergic reactions and subsequent asthma attacks will gradually decrease.
Devices: Medication delivery devices like inhalers that will give you a measured dose, dry powder inhalers as well as nebulizers, will take the medication straight to the lungs for asthma relief and control.
Long terms diseases like asthma can greatly affect the growth and immunity of a child, which is why it is important to prevent and treat such attacks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Nasal congestion (blocked nose) can give you nightmares. The condition often results in people breathing through their mouth. Mouth breathing, once a while (due to factors that affect the nasal breathing) is understood. The main problem arises when people, especially kids continue to breathe through their mouth even under normal conditions. Nasal breathing is what we have learned and practiced all along. Breathing through the nose is a healthy practice that has many health benefits. Any alteration in this habit can have a deleterious effect on the health in the long run. It can alter the body dynamics and mechanisms, necessary for the proper functioning of the body.
Though cold and nasal congestion are the most common causes of mouth breathing, other conditions that often contribute towards this unhealthy postural habit include:
- Severe respiratory infections.
- Allergies which tend to block the nasal airway (either partial or complete).
- Kids who have a habit of sucking their thumbs or fingers are often found to breathe through their mouth.
- Sinus, enlarged adenoids or tonsils, hay fever, can also result in mouth breathing.
Harmful effects of mouth breathing
In mouth breathing, there is less absorption of oxygen into the bloodstream as compared to the nasal breathing. This oxygen deprivation can give rise to serious consequences and health problems.
- Snoring and sleeping disorders (sleep apnea, often resulting from oxygen deprivation) are common among people who breathe through the mouth. Many people wake up with a terrible headache, feeling tired, irritated, and fatigued (in spite of having their full quota of sleep) in the morning. Unable to have a sound sleep often interfere with the overall performance of the affected person. Low levels of oxygen in the bloodstream can also result in hypertension and cardiac problems. Some people also suffer from brain fog (mental fatigue resulting in confusion and at times, hallucinations).
- Dry mouth along with cracked lips is one of the harmful consequences of mouth breathing. Under normal situations, the saliva (in the mouth) prevents the bacteria from thriving within the mouth and causing infections. When the mouth becomes dry (less saliva), bacteria can easily thrive inside, resulting in infections (throat and ear), cavities, bad breath, Gingivitis (gum inflammation brought about by a bacterial infection).
- A person with mouth breathing may suffer from digestive problems such as acid reflux, gas, and stomach upsets.
- Believe it or not, but mouth breathing can give rise to skeletal and facial deformities (especially in children). The face may appear narrow and long, the chin and jaws lower, and the cheekbones often suppressed. There is also an improper alignment of the teeth (teeth appear crooked).
- Mouth breathing can also lead to speech impediments, especially in children between the age group of 4-12 years.
I have been taking metformin 850 mg Sr from long time, recently my doctor increased the dose from 850mgsr once daily to twice daily. After I started the dose twice daily, I am feeling nauseated and getting vomiting sensation. How to avoid nausea and vomiting sensation while continuing to take increased dose.
Sir I want to know that in the villages people go to baba for the treatment of snakes biting what is your opinion about it sir.
Over time, our joints, connective tissues and muscles go through a lot of wear and tear. Additionally, certain conditions may also cause problems, including inflammation and conditions that create persistent pain. These conditions usually fall under the broad category of arthritis, which can be of many types. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) happens when your immune system targets your joints and causes inflammation. RA influences the joints on both sides of the body, for example, both hands, wrists and knees. This symmetry separates it from other kinds of arthritis. It can affect the skin, eyes, lungs, heart, blood, or nerves.
Various signs of inflamed joints are as follows:
Stiffness: Functioning of the joints becomes rigid and doesn't move properly. It is particularly severe in the morning. While those with different types of arthritis have stiff and immobile joints in the morning, people with rheumatoid arthritis take over 60 minutes before their joints feel free.
Swelling or Inflammation: Liquid enters the joint and gives rise to inflammation.
Extreme pain: Irritation inside a joint makes it painful and delicate even to touch. In a chronic condition, this may also lead to fractures.
Redness and warmth: The joints might appear hotter and more pink or red than the skin around it.
Needless to say, your lifestyle choices affect all aspects of your physical wellbeing, and that also include your joints- especially if you are suffering from arthritis. It’s a common theory, that joints which are strained and stressed by bearing the burden of extra pounds show more inflammation, wear and tear and stiffness which lead to aggravation of arthritic pain. Here are a few holistic approaches to consider; certain changes in your existing lifestyle that can help you to reduce your arthritic pains:
- First and foremost, it’s important that you must indulge in plenty of exercises every single day, to keep pounds off and thus help yourself handle this degenerative disease.
- In case of creating a healthy diet plan, stick to low calorie and low carb foods. Also be sure that you are consuming lots of vegetables and fruits in your diet. This also helps you to keep fit and put a break on the obesity factors that are detrimental to your health.
- As even a few extra pounds can worsen arthritic pain, keep track of your weight and talk to your orthopedic doctor to determine your optimal and healthiest weight. Focus on this prescribed weight coefficient and keep tracking your weight loss patterns unless you have reached your goal.
- Cut down on alcohol. There has never been a finer alternative to that.
- Feeling depressed or stressed by arthritic pain is a common syndrome among arthritic patients. Nevertheless, on the flipside, such reactions actually worsens the agony of this disease and inhibit you from doing what you need to do, such as taking medications and exercising to keep yourself fit at the end of the day.
Although admittedly, making drastic modifications in your lifestyle can be painful and difficult at first, these are the best remedies for easing arthritic pain in a natural way.
Don’t just rely on medications, take control of your disease in a holistic manner and you’ll soon find yourself in control of your life again.
Being overweight is a large risk factor for osteoarthritis because it puts a large amount of stress on weight-bearing joints. This damage is largely preventable by losing excess weight and increasing safe activity. Exercise (as long as it does not put dangerous strain on the joints) will improve your muscle strength. Strong muscles will support your weight-bearing joints and ultimately lower the chances of the negative symptoms of OA. Regular exercise can help prevent and reverse these effects. Several different kinds of exercise can be beneficial, including range-of-motion exercises to preserve and restore joint motion, exercises to increase strength (isometric, isotonic, and isokinetic exercises), and exercises to increase endurance (walking, swimming, and cycling). Exercise programs for people with rheumatoid arthritis should be designed by a physical therapist and tailored to the severity of your condition, your build, and your former activity level. Getting a sufficient amount of rest is also necessary for management of OA symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!