Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bhairavi DesmukhYour feedback matters!
Hi I am working woman, I got married 1 year back, and we do not want baby for 2 yrs, but unfortunately I got pregnant and it was 6 weeks running, but as we do not want baby I took tablet name (Mifepristone and Misoprostol) once in my life, that too half tablet I took, I was afraid of taken that, so both tablets I took half-half (not full). And it works successfully. And also sometimes I used to take papaya after sexual intercourse. As we do not use any protection. And papaya always works fine. As it is a great fruit which wash out everything. I always natural remedies we have sexual intercourse anytime that too before my menstrual itself. So my question is do all these effects in future if we plan for a baby?
I am 26 year old. Trying to conceiving. I do yoga or surya namaskar? Did these exercise can effect for conceiving?
I had a skin tag removed from my vagina about 3 weeks ago. Now it looks like my vagina has been butchered and you can see my insides. How long does it take for a vagina to reshape and go back to looking norm?
I am 17 year old girl & my menstrual are not regular & my mom has thyroid. please advice for both the problems.?
I have 5 week pregnancy and last 4 days I have spotting today I did sonography and 1 Dr. told me that the no heart beats but its natural in some cases it takes time to growth and 2 Dr. told me that clean it and from yesterday evening I have no spotting. So what will I do?
Hi, I am a mom of a 6 months old baby. I had a c-section in october and still I am feeling pain in my knees, legs. I am not able to fold my knees and sit cross-legs because it pains. Can you please help me out with some solution.
My wife is in pregnancy of 8 months she's B-ve blood group her child is normal but child is partially covered with cord around the neck and doctor recommend may for operation .Is there any danger for mother during Operation or in delivery of child can you please help me out what is the exact procedure I have to follow next ? THANKS.
By applying a few general rules you can make your life easy and comfortable.
1. You should change your pad after every 4--5 hours even though it may not be fully soaked as because the same pad for hours together-----from morning to evening can cause irritation of the private parts.
This is applicable especially for youngsters and college students who may be away from home for long hours for college or tuition or classes and surroundings may not be convenient.
2. Always carry 2 extra pads in your bag or purse and also a spare undergarment.
Sometimes during heavy flow days the undergarment may get soiled and can cause a lot of discomfort.
3. Always carry some tissue papers in your handbag. Especially during periods. They may come handy while using a public toilet.
4. Try keeping a small thin plastic bag in your purse for obvious reasons.
5. You can apply any anti fungal dusting powder to your private parts twice daily during periods after a bath. Having bath twice daily is advisable.
6. Some women suffer from rashes during periods. Try changing the brand of your sanitary napkin. Maybe the one you are using presently does not suit your skin type.
7. In case the rashes are too much. You can apply some anti fungal and anti bacterial ointment over the affected part. Candid -b is the one which is most widely available and you don't need a prescription for that.
8. Avoid wearing excessively tight pants and especially jeans. Some loose comfortable cotton clothing is advisable.
9. If you have too much pain during periods you can use otc medicines like tab. Cyclopam for pain relief. You should always carry a strip of this medicine in your purse.
10. Drink lots of water or juices or coconut water and keep yourself well hydrated.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
My period is a week late and I have also taken two pregnancy tests amongst which one shows negative and another one shows positive. What should I do?
Hi My wife was pregnant and after 27 weeks she got aborted on 18th february 2015. We don't know the exact reason but doctor said it was because of lack of rest. She was doing normal household work and she is mother to 2 babies of 7 years and 3. 5 years. Even after 2 months her health is not ok. She is suffering from body pain especially in the right leg (opposite side of knee) and right hand. She is also having little bleeding occasionally. Not only blood some other white particles are also coming out. Whenever she is walking or doing work for some time, she is not feeling well. We consulted 2-3 gynecology doctors but they are taking it too simple. Any one please help.
I am pregnant 7 weeks. And my hemoglobin is low .plz suggest me some best food fruits to increase hemoglobin.
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from occasional impotence and other related issues. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other reasons including heart disease, diabetes and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache, which can actually last days. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrow Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the member increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow and not strong enough, then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition.