Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. BhagodiyaYour feedback matters!
From 1 week I am easily fatigue even with stepping up 20 steps. I can not able to stand for more than 10 to 15 minutes. Means that I feel so fatigue. What would I do? Is there anything serious. (No episode of dyspnea or breathlessness)
What is the range of uric acid in blood? And which foods to avoid to reduce uric acid, I have 6.1 mg/dL uric acid in my blood.
Hi there, I am suffering from" WARTS" typically called" mass" in hindi over my face. It is becoming weird and itching also. Please tell me the way out.
How control stammering at the age of 34, suggest a preferable ayurvedic medicine or homeopathic medicine.
Hi doc I had my last period on dt 17.04. 16 we had protected sex but at time of intercourse condom had stuck but liquid was not spread not cut either tired yesterday I had red spot and cramps in my stomach still there is a chance of pregnancy?
I'm living in a very hot country so bcoz of this climate here AC is every living place, rooms, offices, transport etc. without AC life is not possible here. Now i'm suffering becuse of this, every morning I found very running nose, lots of sneezing which remain almost half day. suffering through lots of problems, I get relief by taking anti allergic but I do not want to take medicines regularly for this. Pls any one have any brilliant suggestions for this.
My right ear is paining and I can't chew with the jaw line also paining and head is heavy on the side of the ear.
Hello I have nose bleeding Every time I put my finger inside my nose for cleaning the blood start bleeding ! And some time its bleed with out insert my finger ! Please Help me.
I totally lost my voice my throat is paining and swelled I can not raise my voice so please suggest me medicine.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.