Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BeriYour feedback matters!
Hi! i'm 31yrs. Old married lady. I'm suffering from bilateral ovarian endometriomas for the last 6-7 yrs. And in the last 5 yes of my married life, l have operated three times for the same(2 lapro & 1 open surgery). I have no issue still. My ques is that" is it possible to cure this problem in homeopathy?
I am a 24 year women and I am pregnent but duering blood test my thyroid level is high --> 9.45 (range 0.465-4.68). Is there any problem by this?
Hello doctor my period got delayed 10 days including today i.e 3rd aug. My expected date was 27th .i had also done a pregnancy test on 2nd aug and the result was negative .i m 22 years old , married >>
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
I have taken abortion pills on 28/12/16 for one month pregnancy and my period start on 30/12/16. On 6/01/17 the period was over and then I done pregnancy test then it was negative. On 9th I drew Copper T and I hide the fact of abortion pills from doctor. And from the 9th onwards bleeding has started again. Although it's not heavy but still I am confused whether it is normal or not.
Sprouting a seed enables it to produce an enormously enhanced bundle of nutrients.
The nutritional changes that occur during sprouting primarily happen because complex compounds get broken down into simpler forms.
Metabolic activity in dormant seeds is initiated as soon as they are hydrated during soaking.
Sprouted seeds acquire natural increased digestibility and nutrients as compared to unsprouted seeds. They provide us with all the essential minerals and vitamins, and must ideally form a part of our daily diets.
Just over 200 years old
Homeopathy was founded by the great german physician samuel hahnemann in 1796 and is thus the youngest of all the medical sciences. Homeopathic clinical practice is becoming more standardized and homeopathic pharmaceutical companies are now adhering to regulatory norms. Homeopathy is based on the law of similars, according to which, a substance capable of producing certain symptoms in a healthy individual is capable of treating similar symptoms in a diseased person. Thus, the logic is to evoke a healing response from the body itself rather than trying to suppress the disease manifestation.
Myths About Homeopathy
Here are some of the common myths (about homeopathy) that have clearly fallen apart:
Myth 1: Homeopathic medicines are placeboes
Our answer to this: the world health organization (who) has recognized homeopathy as an accepted system of medicine and the world's second largest system of medicine. There have been many double blind trials conducted where the efficacy of homeopathic medicines have been proved. Studies have shown the ability of homeopathic medicines to induce physiological changes in the body temperature. Homeopathy even works on animals in diseases like distemper and fifty percent of veterinary doctors in uk use homeopathy. It shows effective results in infants even in acute diseases such as abdominal colic. This would not have been possible if homeopathic remedies were placeboes.
Myth 2: Homeopathic medicines are slow to act and cannot be used in acute cases
Our answer to this: most people take recourse in homeopathy for chronic problems such as arthritis, allergic asthma or skin conditions, etc, which take a longer time to be treated with any other system of medicine too. However, in acute ailments like fever, diarrhoea, acute cold, cough, etc, homeopathic remedies act as fast as conventional medicines, sometimes even faster.
Myth 3: All homeopathic medicines are the same
Our answer to this: although all homeopathic medicines look alike, essentially they are not the same. The basic ingredients of homeopathic medicines come from 3000 different sources that are mainly derived from plants and minerals. Their active principles are extracted into various solvents. For better palatability, the liquid homeopathic medicine is poured into small globules, which are highly porous and therefore absorptive. Although they may look alike, every homeopathic remedy is different from another.
Myth 4: Homeopathy cannot help surgical cases at all
Our answer to this: a number of surgical conditions can be treated effectively with homeopathy, for e.g. Recurrent tonsillitis, piles, fissures, fistula, chronic ear discharge, vocal cord nodules, kidney and gall bladder stones, small-sized uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, warts and corns. However, every medical science has its set of advantages and limitations. Thus, in certain cases where the disease has reached an advanced stage or in emergency cases, surgery is essential and cannot be avoided. In fact, many surgeons and dentists use homeopathy pre and post operatively. A homeopathic remedy calendula is recommended as an external application by many surgeons to facilitate better surgical wound healing without leaving behind ugly scars.
Myth 5: There are too many dietary restrictions to be followed during homeopathic treatment
Our answer to this: the only medical restrictions that a homeopath may impose depend upon the disease that the patient suffers from; for example, diabetics should avoid sweets and a high carbohydrate diet. Since homeopathic medicines act through nerve endings, traditional homeopaths do not prefer the use or consumption of any substance with strong odors like toothpaste, garlic, onions, etc, as this could affect the action of homeopathic medicines. Modern homeopaths recommend having the medicines after rinsing the mouth half an hour before and after meals and also advocate placing the medicine below the tongue for best results.
Myth 6: Homeopathy and allopathy cannot be taken together
Our answer to this: in patients suffering from drug-dependant diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure, allopathic drugs cannot be suddenly withdrawn; hence, homeopathic medicines may be taken with allopathic medicines. However, allopathic medicine is often palliative or suppressive. For example, if a patient with headache takes a painkiller, his symptoms would get masked and therefore a good prescription by a homeopath could become difficult. Similarly, some medicines in allopathy tend to suppress rather than cure while homeopathic medicines may expel toxins. In such cases, it is better to take homeopathy alone.
Advantages of Homeopathy:
Homeopathic remedies are easy to take with no special dietary or lifestyle restrictions, unless a particular disease calls for them. Additionally, homeopathy is against animal testing as this tends to harm them irrevocably or kills them. Homeopathic remedies, being infinitesimally small doses, are absolutely safe and therefore directly tested on healthy human beings through a scientific process called drug proving. Another benefit is that while animal testing only provides information about structural pathologies, homeopathic drug proving enables recording of even mental and emotional symptoms.
Effective, Safe and Gentle Treatment:
The curative effects and the symptomatology of every homeopathic medicine are proven only on healthy human beings, not rats and rabbits, making homeopathy uniquely reliable. Homeopathic medicines are prepared by the process of dynamization, in which, the original medicinal substance, irrespective of its nature whether inert or toxic initially, undergoes serial dilutions with constant friction so as to liberate its healing bioenergies whilst getting rid of its ability to produce any side-effects. Being infinitesimally small doses, these medicines do not produce any adverse reactions even when taken for prolonged periods of time and can therefore be safely given even to babies, children, and elderly people.
Patient-Friendly and Convenient
Homeopathy is a complete system of medicine that assists the natural tendency of the human body to heal itself. Homeopathic medicines being easy to administer, sweet to taste, non-invasive and free of side-effects, are extremely convenient for the patient and therefore command better patient compliance. They are absolutely safe even if taken for prolonged periods of time. Unlike other medical systems where many drugs need to be administered to treat multiple symptoms in a single patient, homeopathy advocates the administration of a single remedy called the similimum that is capable of treating all the disease symptoms in a particular patient. It is a subtle yet effective therapy that can correct small imbalances long before the appearance of the more serious symptoms that indicate the onset of a particular disease. The doctor-patient relationship is vital in homeopathy, where the homeopath becomes a friend, philosopher, and guide to the patient, a healer as well as a preserver of good health.
Homeopathic treatment is extremely cost-effective in the long run especially keeping in mind that treatment is sought for chronic diseases that need long-term treatment. Homeopathy believes in employing a single remedy, in minimum dose and minimal repetition when treating any patient. Since homeopathic medicines are prepared by serial dilutions, a miniscule amount of the original medicinal substance is required when manufacturing the medicines. Additionally, since only a few drops of the medicine are used to medicate the sugar globules, preparation costs are also low. Homeopathic medicines are therefore inexpensive as compared to medicines from the other medical systems. Moreover, homeopathy also obviates the need for surgery in a number of conditions such as warts, piles, fissures, tonsillitis, ovarian cysts and kidney stones for which patient may otherwise have to pay up a lot for conventional treatment methods.
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
Hey, I am 20 and I have a problem of abnormal periods. I am also gaining weight because of it. I did my sonography and it tells that I have a problem of pcod. Please help me by telling me any cure or home remedy.
After how many days we can confirm pregnancy,& will no pregnancy is confirmed at starting week by urine test.
Many people, particularly the younger generation is absolutely against the consumption of ghee. That is because, they are not informed of the health benefits of this golden tinged, flavorful and nutrient-rich butterfat. The consumption of ghee can be traced back to the tradition of Ayurveda in the ancient India, and it was regarded as a sacred, cleansing, medicinal and nutrient rich food. Here are some of the unknown benefits of ghee.
- Ghee is free of lactose: Many individuals are not able to digest lactose, which is a sugar found in milk due to the quality of the dietary product, because of the digestive condition of the person concerned. Do you know, a substantial percentage of the total population of the world is lactose intolerant? In case you belong to that group, you can consume ghee without any worries. The traditional cultures were aware of the ways in which the digestibility of any dairy product can be improved. The process of making ghee helps in the removal of lactose and leaves behind the purest form of butter oil.
- Ghee is casein free: Casein is the protein component present in milk which causes milk allergies. When the gut flora gets compromised, the consumption of casein can pave the way for an opiate effect on the brain since it is not well digested. When ghee is made, the milk solids comprising of lactose as well as casein float on the top which aids in their easy removal. In the pure Indian cuisine, ghee used does not contain lactose and casein. This is because the process of culturing removes all traces of these components.
- Ghee is a stable source of fat when used in cooking: The polyunsaturated oils such as safflower and sunflower oil contain different types of double bonds and which make them least stable for cooking. On the other hand, ghee is primarily a saturated fat which is highly stable for baking and sautéing.
- Ghee is a form of saturated fat: There are many pieces of research which prove that consumption of saturated fats does not cause any cardiac disease. So, if you have high blood pressure and cardiac problems, you can freely consume ghee without worrying about aggravating it.
- Ghee contains bio-available Vitamin A in abundance: The dairy products derived from ruminants like goats, cows, and sheep which graze on the grass offers an amazing source of fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A. This type of vitamins is mainly stored ion the fat portion which means that the concentration of vitamin in milk is lower than that of the ghee. Vitamin A plays a considerable role in hormone balance, fertility, liver health, and stamina.
Hence, to reap these benefits, you should consider consuming little amounts of ghee every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
After intrauterine death at 32 weeks delivered by cesarean. We will plan to conceive within 6 month after cesarean? is it okay?
My query relating to pregnant. Due to irregularity in periods of my wife she is unable to conceive. As per Dr. Recommended test likewise THS, TVS, GLUCOSE (RANDOM), Vitamin D but when the test result come out it was found that THS is normal, TVS test PCOS (9.
My wife want enjoy clitoris orgasm before going intercourse , after getting that she simply allow for penetration but there is no excitement. Please help.
Does alcohol increase cancer risk?
Alcohol increases the risk of cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, liver, and breast. People who drink alcohol should limit their intake to no more than two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women. A drink is defined as 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits. The combination of alcohol and tobacco increases the risk of cancer far more than the independent effects of either drinking or smoking. Regular consumption of even a few drinks per week is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer in women. Women at high risk of breast cancer may consider abstaining from alcohol.
Does drinking coffee cause cancer?
Caffeine may heighten symptoms of fibrocystic breast lumps (a type of benign breast disease) in some women, but there is no evidence that it increases the risk of breast cancer or other types of cancer. The association between coffee and pancreatic cancer, widely publicized in the past, has not been confirmed by other studies
Does being overweight increase cancer risk?
Yes. Overweight and obesity are associated with increased risk for cancers of the breast (among postmenopausal women), colon, endometrium, gallbladder, adenocarcinoma of the esophagus, pancreas, renal cell (kidney) carcinoma, and possibly other sites as well
Can drinking tea reduce cancer risk?
Some researchers have proposed that tea might protect against cancer because of its antioxidants contents. In animal studies, some teas (including green tea) have been shown to reduce cancer risk, but epidemiological studies have had mixed findings. Presently, tea has not been proven to reduce cancer risk in humans
Do vegetarian diets reduce cancer risk?
Vegetarian diets include many health promoting features; they tend to be low in saturated fat and high in fiber, vitamins, and phytochemicals (eg flavonoids, etc.). It is not possible to conclude at this time, however, that a vegetarian diet has any special benefits for the prevention of cancer. Vegetarian diets differ in composition, although all avoid consumption of red meat. A vegetarian diet can be quite healthful if it is carefully planned and provides adequate calories. Diets including lean meats in small to moderate amounts can be just as healthful. The greater the restriction of food groups in a particular diet, the more possibility there is of dietary deficiencies. Strict vegetarian diets that avoid all animal products, including milk and eggs, should be supplemented with vitamin B-12, zinc, and iron (especially for children and pre-menopausal women
Water and other fluids
How much water and other fluids should I drink?
Consumption of water and other liquids may reduce the risk of bladder cancer, as water dilutes the concentration of carcinogens and shortens the time in which they are in contact with the bladder lining. Drinking at least eight cups of liquid a day is usually recommended, and some studies indicate that even more may be beneficial
Doctor delivery time normaly nine months nine days hota hai kya. Actually hame baby next diwali per chihiye to kya aap bata sakte hai ki apox mara mansueation time january mai kya hona chihiye taki baby k born hone ka time diwali aaye.
My wife is running her 14th week of pregnancy. My question is that when she can travel? To be more specific, it is a 4 hrs flight and then 3 hrs on road to our home. Kindly advise.
Crunchy, juicy, tasty and filled with goodness, fruits are nutrition powerhouses. There are a few statements doing the rounds on the internet that have scared people into believing that fruits can be eaten at certain times only. Let us separate the facts from the myths to put you at ease
- Should fruits be eaten on an empty stomach? The argument that myth mongering articles seem to put out there is that fruits are most beneficial if eaten on an empty stomach. This is partially true. There are no added benefits of eating fruits on an empty stomach per say. Contrary to claims that it can help aid weight loss, this can work if you fill yourself with fruits and hence consume lesser calories via your meal.
- Should fruits not be eaten with other foods? The big myth perpetrated out there is that if you mix fruits with your meals, it will make you bloat. The argument provided is that fruits digest faster than other food and mixing of the two can lead to unwanted side effects as the body has trouble digesting the carbohydrates in fruit when mixed with other foods. This is reality is not true. Think about it. If our stomach is incapable of digesting mixed meals, we would not be able to digest most foods as our meals are generally a combination of nutrients like vegetables, fibre, carbs and protein.
- Should fruits not be eaten after meals? This is a big one floating out there. Fruits are high in sugar content. When eaten after a meal, the sugar feeds the bacteria aiding the fermentation process in the stomach. The stomach produces high concentrations of hydrochloric acid to break down the food. This is a hostile environment that does not let the food stay long enough for bacteria to colonize or reproduce.
- Does eating fruits at the wrong time produce gas in the stomach? In reality, gas is produced by the colon and not the stomach. While certain fruits may cause a reaction resulting in feeling gassy, it has nothing to do with your food content.
- What is the science behind the false alarms: A lot of diets focus not only on what you eat but how you eat it in combination with other food. An Ayurvedic diet, for example, recommends that you eat fruits separately from other foods, especially proteins. Most myths have stemmed out from specific advice given in specific cases which have been generalized to increase the scare factor. According to the British Journal of Nutrition, combing citrus fruits with rice increases the body's absorption of iron. Other studies have shown that combining certain berries with legumes increases the antioxidant property in each food. Compared to traditional desserts like cakes and cookies, fruits instead add nutrition and fiber and fill your sweet tooth craving. So it all depends on what your dietitian advises you.
Fruits can be a great source of nutrition in our daily diet. To know which ones can give you the most benefit, consult a doctor today.