Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Beri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. BeriYour feedback matters!
Galactorrhea is not a disease per se, but more of an underlying medical condition or a symptom that involves discharge of a milky fluid from the nipples, which is not the breast milk. It becomes especially crucial owing to the similarity of the two, when breastfeeding the baby is concerned. It may happen even while you are not lactating or not even pregnant, mostly in menopausal women. Strangely, the syndrome has also shown to have occurred to men and children, irrespective of gender.
What are the contributing factors to the development of Galactorrhea?
1. Galactorrhea is a major side effect of certain kinds of medication that leads to hormonal imbalance and ultimately leads to quasi-lactation.
2. Increase in the levels of prolactin can result in Galactorrhea which may be due to a number of reasons ranging from excessive stimulation in the nipples and chest area (during sexual activities), or pituitary and thyroid problems. The former is not a major cause of worry. The latter can be fixed with proper medication.
3. Kidney disease and spinal cord surgery may also result in this phenomenon.
4. Substance abuse and birth control pills may also be responsible for breast discharge.
Various symptoms of Galactorrhea include:
1. Milky discharge from one or both breasts simultaneously.
2. Discharge may be continuous or intermittent.
3. Density and amount of discharge may also vary.
4. In case of women, this may have a direct effect on periods, leading to irregular menstruation.
5. The discharge may occur without pressure or when an external agency is involved.
6. Headaches and worsening vision are also said to occur.
When you experience a nipular discharge, the most common tests you should undergo include a pregnancy test, prolactin level exam, mammography, ultrasounds, even an MRI for the pituitary gland evaluation. Based on the result, your physician prescribes the required medicines or advises you to stop taking a particular medicine that might be causing this discharge in the first place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife she is 48 years now. She is complaining of severe pain in her Right side Breast. Also she is going through mane pause. What is the reason & to whom shall I take her for check up.
I am 28 years old and get married on jan 2015. I have to try for baby but it is unable to conceive. But on Nov 2016 we are conceive a baby but it's gone miscarriage on jan 2017. After that we are trying to same but not success. I am a army person and we have never trying continues more than 2 months at a time. I have checked my semen analysis and my report is below. Total count is 52 Mill/ml Normal forms 75 Abnormal forms 15 Abnormal heads 05 Abnormal tails 05 Actively motile 70 Non motile 10 PUS cells 8-10 Remarks Mild oligospermia Period of abstinence died spermatozoa seen. Pl inform me that my report is enough to conceive baby to my wife.
Dear Mam Having the age of 30+ I am having problem in periods i. E it happens two times in a month. It happened when I came to stay Mumbai 2011 8th dec. Is it a serious issue? Please let me know.
On krimson 35 pill. Did not miss any, usually take it within a gap of max 2 hrs (early/late. Taken it daily. Pill pack ended on 24th night. On 25th afternoon partner rubs unprotected penis in between buttocks, did not ejaculate. He went to toilet before the act. Moreover no vaginal intercourse was done. It wad my pill free week. And I got my menses on 28th night and its continuing still now (5 days). Is there still a risk of conceiving?
It is not easy to deal with labor pains. According to scientists and doctors, labor pain is a very strong sensation that a woman experiences in her lifetime. Therefore, it is important to know some tips that will help you deal with the intense pain during labor. There are some practical tools, which will help you survive labor pains on both emotional and physical levels.
You just need to implement these tools during your labor.
- Focus on the current contraction: When you get a contraction, focus on it solely. Do not agonize on the contractions you had or do not feel scared thinking about the contractions that are yet to come. You just need to focus on the present contraction without thinking about anything else. Many women think about how long they have to push before they can meet the baby. The over thinking can worsen the pain. Therefore, you should be in the present moment.
- Breathe: A great tip of resisting labor pains is breathing. Various kinds of breathing techniques have been invented for labor. You can try some of those breathing techniques during your labor. If you don’t remember any particular breathing technique, you can also try everyday breathing during the contractions. Breathing lets your abdominal muscles relax and helps the baby descend faster.
- Try to relax: Whenever you encounter pain or stress, you tense all the muscles of your body, especially your abdominal muscles. It is important to relax during your labor pain. Although it is difficult, you should try to relax instead of getting tensed. It will make your labor smooth.
- Be in a comfortable place: You should be in a place where your labor must be comfortable for you. If you are not comfortable, you will be stressed and anxious, which in turn, will make it difficult for you. When you are in a comfortable place, you will be happier and your muscles will be more relaxed.
- Don’t worry: Instead of worrying about your entire labor experience, focus on the task at hand. When you don’t worry, you can process the contractions without being stressed. As a result, your body will also get less tired and your baby will come out faster. You need to channel your energy into pushing the baby rather than worrying and stressing.
If you follow these simple tips, you will be able to survive labor pains and give birth to a healthy baby. Nature has given women all the tools so that they can give birth to a baby naturally. You just need to trust your body and empower yourself by keeping these tips in your mind. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!