Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Benu GuliaYour feedback matters!
With summer, woes of oily/ dry skin and hair, cough and cold, flaky scalp, asthma attacks, dust allergies and joint pain keep cropping up. Here a few tips to help you stay cool and refereshed in summers.
- Increase Vitamin C intake: Vitamin C boosts immunity that helps prevent frequent cough and cold, sore throats and sneezing bouts. Available in the form of delectable oranges, it should definitely be included in the diet.
- Include more vegetables in your diet: Summer is the season for a plethora of seasonal green vegetables, which are available fresh. They work wonders on your hair, skin and general health. Legumes too are important as they help prevent heart diseases and even cancerous growths. They are a rich source of potassium, magnesium, vitamins and fibres.
- Moderation in diet: During summer, the metabolism of the fast, but too many calories can be difficult for the body to digest. It is important to regulate the intake of sugar and carbohydrates. Digestion and gastric problems are common during summers, therefore it is necessary to cut down on processed food and eat healthy.
- Take care of your skin: The skin turns oily and flaky during summers. Dry skin is susceptible to freckles and wrinkles, therefore, constant moisturising and nourishment is of utmost need. A lot of body oils, moisturising lotions and creams are available in the market and must be used according to skin type. Lips become chapped and can even bleed profusely if not tended to at the right time. Therefore the use of lip balms and petroleum jelly is of utmost importance during this time. The use of sunscreen is a must as the ultra violet radiations are extremely harmful for the skin.
- Look after your hair: The hair tends to lose its moisture, turn rough and frizzy. Split ends become an incessant problem; dandruff and itchy scalp become annoying problems. You must start using medicated oils and shampoo to prevent further damage.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, one must try and keep warm and protected as much as possible to prevent catching cold and flu. People suffering from asthma can make use of masks while out on the streets, to prevent an attack caused by the dust and pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
One of my Friend suggests me to use Dronis 20 instead of morning after pills? So what is better? In sense of effectiveness and less side effects and please suggest me its use? How to use it and after taking the pill when can we have unprotected intercourse and when not to?
5 natural remedies to relieve leg pains:
Pain in legs could stem from many reasons. Cramp, muscle fatigue, nutritional deficiencies, muscle spasms, dehydration, injured tendons, and muscles strain are a few of them. The symptoms of leg pain often include throbbing (dull or stabbing sensations), aching, numbness, cramps, and weakness. It could be faint or severe enough to affect mobility. While a painkiller is a primary choice for many people, several others look at natural remedies to reduce leg pain. Here are five such curative ways:
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and contains a powerful antioxidant called curcumin. Both these properties of turmeric make it a potent remedy for relieving osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
A paste of turmeric mixed with warm sesame oil (to be applied on the aching part), turmeric mixed with milk, ginger turmeric tea, and turmeric containing joint pain supplements can be used to get rid of leg pains.
2. Epsom salt soak
Epsom salt has magnesium sulphate. When added to hot bath water, the magnesium sulphate in the salt acts as an electrolyte. Soaking legs in this bathwater helps in regulating nerve signals in them.
An epsom salt soak helps in minimising inflammation, pain, and swelling. Since the credit of reducing swelling goes to magnesium, a supplement may help as well.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Soaking the aching leg in a solution of warm water and one or two cups of apple cider vinegar is a powerful natural remedy for joint pain and inflammation. It helps in arthritis and gout pain. It clears toxins out of connective tissues and joints. It supplies potassium and calcium which are essential for relieving pain.
Drinking the solution of warm water, honey, and a few spoons of apple cider vinegar also serves the purpose.
4. Dandelion leaves
Dandelion leaves contain vitamin a and c in high measures. These vitamins can help in repairing damaged tissues. When ingested, they also assist the liver in clearing toxins from the blood. The leaves also contain linoleic acid and thus exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. Since dandelion leaves affect immune responses, they can prove helpful in dealing with rheumatoid arthritis.
Dandelion leaves (dried or fresh) can be mixed with a cup of boiling water or turned into a salad for consumption.
5. Tart cherry juice
If extreme physical activities have caused the leg pain, the resulting muscle soreness and discomfort can be dealt with by drinking tart cherry juice. Experts often suggest tart cherry juice over leg pain relieving medications. Tart cherries have anti-inflammatory properties. They also contain antioxidants. Both of these features help in treating soft tissue injury and reducing the pain.
Tart cherries, when eaten or drunken, may cause abdominal discomfort, even diarrhoea. It is always better to observe the effects after ingesting tart cherry juice at first before making it a regular choice of food.
Other natural remedies to reduce leg pain include juniper berry tea, pectin and grape juice, peppermint eucalyptus oil blend, white willow tea and blackstrap molasses. However, if the pain refuses to leave, visiting a doctor is always the best way to get rid of it for good.