Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bela Makhija
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bela MakhijaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am from bangalore. Just 1 month I got married and enjoying a happy sexual life with my husband. We love each other a lot and want still have a awesome life together. We do not use any precautions during intercourse. Like stil 1 year we do not want to have a baby so much. Doctor kindly suggest me some tips for avoiding pregnancy.
I took I pill and had my periods in a few days but a little short and now its been 2 months I have not had my periods what can I do?
Honey is a sweet liquid produced by honeybees from the nectar they gather from flowers via the complicated process of regurgitation and evaporation. Honey is made up of glucose, fructose, and minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphate, sodium, chlorine, potassium, magnesium. It is also fairly rich in vitamins b1, b2, b3, b5, and b6.
Due to the presence of powerful antiseptic, antibacterial and healing properties, honey is used as medicine to treat many common health problems.
Here are the top 10 health benefits of honey.
Greetings. I was recently married, From which day after period is best for getting pregnant. While having sex the semen is coming out, I don't what and how to be done for getting pregnant .please give some idea for.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My gf had a miscarriage last monthonthe15th and now her periods are delayed her period was supposed to start today, but it didn't what should be done and we didn't have sex until she always have normal cycle.
My married life 2 year passed bt I have no baby I consult a doctor. My husband sperm is very low please advise me some ayurvedic medicines to increase sperm.
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Once in a lifetime all of us have had symptoms like heaviness in heart, increased heart beats, feeling that blood pressure will go up or fall down, chest pain, giddiness, heaviness of head, abdominal discomfort, dizziness, tremors in hands or shivering in body, etc which start suddenly without any stress or tension. They just peak in few minutes and are often accompanied by thoughts - 'I will die!' or 'Something will happen to me?'
'Everything around me has changed', 'my blood pressure will shoot up' A midst of the rapid climbing of the symptoms, the usual behaviour opted by most of us is rush to an emergency ward of a nearby hospital. All the check ups, blood investigations, ECG- electrocardiogram, Blood pressure assessment, etc done fast by the doctor. To our surprise 'Are tension kyu lete ho? sab normal hai !!'
This makes us more worried that all the examinations and investigations are normal?? Then why this happened. Oh! this has to be something else which this doctor or hospital is not able to figure it out. So basic human psychology goes for a 2nd opinion and then 3rd, 4th and infinite, till we get a whole body check up. Sometimes same reports at different laboratories and wait for the diagnosis of what exactly is going on.
Everywhere the answer is 'Dont worry, You have nothing'. This hurts. Isn't it? More painful part, when it continues for few months, our family and near ones feel that this is nothing but stress and we should forget it. Some great advisors sympathize and advise for yoga and relaxation and go out of the station or spend time with friends, etc. But we know the agony it takes to have those symptoms and feeling blocked up everytime. Ahead fear enters in those places and spaces where this happens. We avoid them, like driving vehicle, queue, crowd, markets, travel, lift, theatre,etc. We feel that someone should accompany us and we will be safe.
This affects our work, time and major areas of life. What it is??
This is in simple words 'Panic disorder'. It is an anxiety group of disorders where mind misinterprets bodily symptoms and links it with situations or places and then the anxiety symptoms start. Why this happens? Neuro chemicals like serotonin, adrenaline and nor adrenaline and recently GABA have been implicated to be on a lower levels in brain which precipitate these symptoms. And most important part you are not at any fault in this low levels of chemicals. It is an individual vulnerability that differs and some people are more analytical or worrisome since childhood, harsh parenting or over pampering, high expectations, more body symptom concern, etc. are few factors which affect this vulnerability.
What to do if I have panic?
At 1st, panic disorder is NOT a serious psychiatric disorder. Yes, it is true. Websites may mention its catastrophic and worst prognosis, but it is not like that. Panic works on anxiety and fear cycle. This gets cleared off when treated in time. If you have panic, do not do anything. Sit and take deep breaths. Try to have a glass of water and relax. Most people become restless in order to get an immediate cure of panic symptoms. That is again a faulty behaviour. Going to doctors and emergency again and again will increase the chances of panic episodes.
Secondly, your mind needs to get a new form of learning everytime you have a panic. So be patient and let your mind know that this is anxiety and nothing life threatening. This will require two things - courage and patience.
Lastly, during panic episodes, do not take any decisions about your life or do not avoid any situations. This will aggravate the fear behind the episodes.
When to seek a Psychiatrist?
When panic lasts for 30 days or more, affects your work and relationship, affects your concentration and memory; when your efforts fail to handle panic; when all the reports are normal and when you have some other symptoms with panic like depression, anger, addictions, medical conditions, etc.
A psychiatrist can help you in both ways. Starting medications for quick relief of symptoms and if you and your psychiatrist feel then CBT- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy or other psychotherapy.
Panic disorder is treatable. Panic disorder is non-serious. Panic disorder needs your patience and courage.
Be panic free, Live happily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.