Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Basu MistryYour feedback matters!
I m facing itching from last 15 days and I m using itchgard but I m not getting any Improvement. Kindly suggest any medicine.
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from hair fall and acne is the main problems dew to that I am getting black spots can you suggest any solution for this problem.
I am a 25 years old female and have dirk circles last 6 months so please give a me best suggestion ?
How can i promote hair growth for my 10 months old infant. Will putting onion juice in her head help?
Hello Dr. My face skin looks totally dry porous and lost its freshness. I use moisturiser and spf. Suggest me some ways to get rid of it.
I have removed 200 white hair from roots what should I expect now can I get only these 200 again or will these give birth to other white hair.
I am 24 year old female which type of shampoo and conditioner I use for hair fall and I want smooth hair. so, please give me tips for all those things.?
I have dark circles around my eyes, and pigmentation mark has appeared on my right side of face near my cheek bone. Please give remedy. Will this pigmentation increase? I am 43 years female.
How many times have you seen your comb or brush covered with hair and worried? hair fall can even occur when oiling or shampooing. According to beauty experts, it is normal to lose about 100 strands of hair in a day. Beyond this count, it may be considered as severe hair fall.
What causes hair fall?
The common reasons behind hair fall are mentioned below:
Lack of essential nutrients in the body
Excessive use of chemicals through hair coloring and hair styling treatments
Improper and unhealthy dietary habits
Dandruff, alopecia and other scalp disorders
Even stress and tension can lead to hair fall
Here are five tips which can help you stop hair fall!
1. A wide-toothed comb should ideally be used to gently detangle hair and then the regular fine-toothed comb may be used to style the hair as per one's need. This will reduce the risk of hair breakage and hair fall while combing.
2. It is best not to comb the hair while it is wet as this leads to greater chances of hair breakage and fall. Let it be dry or semi-dry before combing.
3. Do not rub your hair vigorously with towel. This will only lead to unwanted hair breakage. Use the towel instead to gently soak out excess moisture.
4. Clean your combs every week. If you look closely, you will see that combs become dirty over time; so they need to be cleaned with a brush, soap and water as using a dirty comb continuously can lead to hair fall as well. You can do this easily while taking a bath or shampooing each week. This is a necessary precaution to take for hair fall control.
5. Hot oil treatments is one of the best answers to address the problem of hair fall!
Hair fall from the crown and sore scalp around it. At the age of 19 today. I did used to masturbate a lot. Almost daily. The hair which comes out is usually thin and has very root side with comparatively thicker tip side. Very few has very small. Very small indeed white coating. I shaved all my hair a few Months ago and after that I had denser hair which again fell off and I am at the same position again.
Hi I am a 23 year old male. For last few days I lost many hairs. There is dandruff I noticed and also itching problem. please help me. What is wrong with my hair?
I am losing hair after trying number of shampoo yet what can I do? Please tell me oil and shampoo name which can I used and reduce my hair fall.
Loss of hair from the scalp, one of the most common problems plaguing the world today, can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, disorders and environmental factors. There are a number of homeopathic treatments that are used to treat hair loss. These treatments focus on the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms.
Hair loss can be classified as:
- Telogen effluvium: This is a disorder of the hair growth cycle where the telogen phase (where the hair falls out) becomes dominant.
- Alopecia aorta: This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune cells of the body destroy the hair. Hair loss tends to occur in patches.
- Androgenic alopecia: This type of disorder is caused by hormonal and genetic factors resulting in a receding hairline.
The various homeopathic treatments for hair loss are:
- Silica: Silica is used to treat a number of diseases in homeopathy. Besides being an effective remedy for hair loss, it also treats symptoms of vitiligo, nail problems and eczema.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another homeopathic treatment that is used to treat hair loss. It promotes hair growth in spots where hair loss has occurred.
- Kaliumcarbonicum: This treatment is used for brittle and thinning of hair, as it enhances hair growth. It is usually recommended for people with various forms of alopecia.
- Lycopodium:This treatment is prescribed for people who suffer from premature balding. It is also recommended for pregnant women if they suffer from hair loss.
- Natrummuriaticum: This homeopathic remedy is made from sodium chloride and is used to treat hair problems resulting from skin complications. It is also recommended for women who face hair loss from menstrual problems. It treats dandruff and hair disorders due to hormonal imbalances.
- Sulfur: Sulfur is an excellent homeopathic remedy to treat hair loss as it promotes hair growth. It also eliminates dandruff from the scalp.
Related Tip: "5 Ways to Deal With Hair Loss"
I am 32 yes old I have long hair and now a days hairfall my hair became dry and thin and split ends so I layered my hair to short but now again I want my long hair so please recommend good shampoo and conditioner I am so much confused.
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
The disease is contagious in nature, so it is advised to stay away from people who have shingles. Remember that if you are not immune to chickenpox, then coming in contact with a person who has shingles, might result in you developing chickenpox.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.