Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Basu Mistry
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Basu MistryYour feedback matters!
I have an oily skin, I have an pimples problems. Using many things but pimples and marks are their on the face only. Please suggest me the best thing from that I can get better look soon.
It is the process in which the unwanted and undesirable hair are removed through pulse of light that are highly intense and powerful. During laser hair removal, a pulse beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which hinders its future hair growth. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.
Why is it done?
Laser hair removal is used to reduce unwanted hair. Common treatment locations include legs, underarms, upper lip, chin and bikini line. However, it's possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area, except the eyelid or surrounding area.
Hair color and skin type influence the success of laser hair removal. For example, laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair because the laser beam targets the pigment (melanin) in the hair. However, advancement in technology has made laser hair removal an option for people who have darker skin as well.
Laser hair removal isn't generally effective for white, gray, red or blond hair because the laser can't "see" the lighter hair. However, treatment options for lighter hair continue to be investigated.
What are the advantages of hair removal surgery?
- More precise: Selective target makes it more precise leaving the surrounding hair undamaged.
More speedy and quicker: High speed and highly intensified pulse takes only a fraction of second to treat many hair at the same time. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
More Predictable: It is so because repeated therapies of hair removal may result in permanent loss of hair among several patients.
What are the risks associated with it?
This treatment does not guarantee complete hair removal the hair can grow after having undergone hair removal surgery, but however, the grown hair are more light in color and weight.
What can you expect ?
Before laser hair removal, the hair in the treatment area might be trimmed with a pair of scissors. You'll also be given special goggles to protect your eyes from the laser beam. The doctor might apply a topical anesthetic to your skin to reduce any discomfort during treatment.
To reduce any discomfort, apply ice to the treated area. If you have a skin reaction immediately after laser hair removal, the doctor might apply a steroid cream to the affected area. After laser hair removal, avoid sun exposure, both natural sunlight and tanning beds. When your skin has healed, use sunscreen whenever you're in the sun.
Acne (characterized by the clogging of hair follicles because of the excess oil and the dead skin cells) is one of the most common skin conditions, especially among women and it can bring about a lot of social anxiety as well as self esteem issues in people who suffer from it acutely. Acne may be caused by a host of factors such as lifestyle issues, diet, hormonal problems and heredity. To tackle these issues, homeopathy has some really effective medications which can be used to treat it holistically rather than just on the surface of the skin.
Let’s have a look at these medications.
1. Pulsatilla: A commonly used homeopathic medication, Pulsatilla is a very versatile medication that is used to treat many ailments. It is very effective on young girls who have just hit puberty and are suffering from acne breakouts. Pulsatilla is very effective in treating acne triggered by irregular and infrequent periods. Many girls who complained of acne breakouts just before the start of menstrual flow stated that they were greatly benefitted by the use of Pulsatilla.
2. Dulcamara: Many women and even some men complain about acne breakouts especially during season change. This happens when the hotter season changes in to the colder season or even the other way around. Dulcamara is a great medication to handle these break-outs during the change of seasons.
3. Silica: This is a medication made from sand or silica and is very effective in treating cases of pus within the acne. Silica is very effective in countering acne caused due to irregularities in the immune system. This medication is effective if the person is of a thin and slim build and is quite sensitive to cold air or water.
4. Natrum Muriaticum: If your acne is caused by hormonal discrepancies caused by conditions such as PCOD (enlarged ovaries marked by the formation of tiny cysts), or other reproductive organ disturbances, then Natrum Muriaticum is the best medication to treat your acne. This is also very effective in treating acne in both young boys and girls who are suffering due to hormonal changes within the body. It can also help curb excessive oil secretion on your skin to control acne.
5. Calcaria Sulphuricum: Sulphur related medications are another common treatment option for acne, although they have to be mixed and matched with other ingredients to properly target the causes. Sulphur also has great effectiveness on acne with pus formation. Ideal patients who should be administered Calcaria Sulphuricum may exhibit intolerance towards heat and would generally like to be in the cold. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My hair at the right below the ear and above the neck is vey hard and is itching. And at the particular spot when it grows it gets broken by itself when I comb them. They did come out of root its gets broken above the skin form past 2 years. I consulted many doctors both unani and medical. I tried various oils but nothing happened help me.
Sir, My friend Simran used have too low BP (90/50). She Also has intense dark circle around eyes. Please suggest any medication or treatment.
I have black spot as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any change what should I do?
I Have Always Pimples On My Face, It Sometimes Get Removed And Then Comes Again Which Made My Face Covered With Scars, So Please Doctor Help Me To Get Rid Of It.
Mere face mein pimple bahut jyada nikalte hai aur dawai bhi bahut karwai hai lekin sahi nahi ho rhe hai.
Every woman desires to experience the sweetness of motherhood but unfortunately, some fail to get it. It is because either they have low fertility or because they have developed a disease or disorder like endometriosis and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) due to which they fail to conceive.
Endometriosis is always associated with infertility. To get relief from troublesome problem is to get pregnant earliest may be by IUI if tubes are patent or by IVF. Endometriosis is conditions which lead the womb cells (endometrial cells) to develop in other parts of the body because of which women experiencing this disease fail to release the menstrual blood and also fail to conceive. But these days nothing is impossible it this medical advancement era. There are many ways and methods by which one can conceive.
So here we are providing a useful set of information on some of the best Fertility treatments.
- Intrauterine Insemination or Artificial Insemination: It is a normal process in which the sample of a prepared sperm from the husband or the partner is injected directly into woman’s uterine cavity during ovulation.
- In Vitro Fertilization: In this process, specific medication is used for the stimulation of the ovaries which lead them to produce more eggs in a while. Then eggs are then removed and fertilized with the husband or partner’s sperm in a laboratory. The fertilized eggs are placed for 3-5 days to develop an embryo and then the embryo is transferred to woman’s uterus.
It is considered as one of the best and last stop infertility solution which proves to be a boon for a sterile couple. As in this process, fertilization takes place outside the body because of which there is no problem of conception even in the condition of any blockage and also minimizes the risk of endometriosis-related infertility. The endometriotic deposits produce and releases toxin into the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries thus the egg gets toxic and fail to fertilize the sperm.
In such condition, many patients rush for many other infertility treatments like fertility medications, intrauterine insemination, etc and when they lose hope of getting the desired result then they find a ray of hope by this ultimate treatment. There are five times more chances of conceiving by this method regardless of the age of women and the stage of endometriosis. The treatment is a boon not only for woman grappling with endometriosis but also for other critical issues like severe male infertility factor, blocked fallopian tubes, and reduced ovarian reserves. In such cases instead of wasting the money on other treatments doctors advice for IVF.
IVF minimizes the chances of miscarriage and also increases the chances of having a healthy baby. So if you are grappling with any such infertility issue than this informative guide may aid you in the journey from infertility to hearing child squeal at your home. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!