Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Submit a review for Dr. Basir Sheikh AbdulYour feedback matters!
I hve cold along vth cough for last 2 year's. I smoke cigrate may b bez of tht? Wht should I do? Anf Is their anything serious abt it?
मेरी उम्र 24 साल है। मुझे पढ़ा लिखा बहुत कम याद रहता है। कुछ डॉक्टर ने मुझे मेरे शरीर की नशे कमजोर होने की बात कही है। कुछ दिन दवाई ली आराम हुवा । ज्यादा costly होने के कारण ले नही पाया। प्लीज कोई अच्छा इलाज बताये।please
I am being afraid of my age. I am 19 but some questions always annoying me like. I always thought about my future. actually I miss my childhood days very much. It really gave a mental pain. How do I overcome from it?
Sir I am a retd insurance officer and now 73. Pure vegetarian from birth with no habits of drinking smoking or chewing tobacco products. Five years before I had angioplasty done with stent fixed in heart my bp used to be 145/ 85 or 90 I am taking selekon xl 50+eslo5 + ctd 12.5 to control bp. I am not a diabetic at present but become one at anytime. Am I to continue the above tabs till my end and what is the food control I must adopt for being a non diabetic. Beeyesjay Cbe 641029.
Thank you so much if you are reading this and going to help me. My dad is an alcoholic. He used to drink daily but for last couple of weeks he is trying to control as so he had consumed alcohol rarely 3-4 times and from the last some days he is feeling unease and pain in whole body. I don't know whether it is because of stopping drinking daily or what but these problems have started since the day he stopped drinking daily. Kindly help me out what should I do and which kind of treatment does my dad need and to where he has to consult.
Is there any medicine for improving retention concentration and focus towards study. And exercise also.
I am losing concentration on my subject every day. This is mainly due to dissatisfaction of my life. I have many goals and dreams but no way to pursue them. So please suggest me how to get out of depression and feel better to proceed in my life.
I'm suffering from body pains I was unable to walk for a long distance how can I reduce my body pains.
What are mood swings?
Mood swings are defined as sudden and abrupt changes in mood. These mood swings can sometimes help promote problem solving abilities, but a stronger form of these can be associated to a more complex disorder namely, bipolar disorder that is characterised by the cyclical shift from manic to depressive and vice versa.
What causes mood swings?
There are several things that can trigger mood swings starting from your brain chemistry to substance abuse. The most common cause of moods swings can be-
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (NTs) in the brain (ex. Serotonin is majorly responsible for change in moods, changes in emotional state and sleep)
- Anabolic steroid abuse
- Borderline personality Disorder
- Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Major depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
How to deal with mood swings?
Mood swings can make life difficult for yourself and those around you as well. It is advisable to keep your mood swings under control in order to get along with your life normally.
- Try to remain positive: May be you have had a string of heartbreaks off late or failed interviews, but do not let that define a trend in your life. This can lead to depression and make you upset. Keep your mind open to other possibilities and never lose hope. Hope is something that keeps one going; it gives someone a purpose in life.
- Balance your life: Learn to maintain a balance between work and leisure. Don’t make your life all about work, take small breaks to do what you like (perhaps read a book, or play an instrument).
- Accept the grey in your life: “Life is like a box of chocolates”. You will never know what comes your way. It is never just black and white. Learn to accept that life can go a little downhill sometimes, but don’t be too alarmed by that. Enjoy the best and always keep yourself prepared for the worse.
- Learn to laugh: Enjoy and appreciate the little things around you. It might surprise you, if you consciously look around with an open mind, you will see the miniscule things that may make you laugh. Maybe that neighbour you find annoying is actually a fun guy to be with or that aunty who is always badgering you with questions is actually concerned about you. And most of all learn how to laugh at yourself! People have made a career over doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are more fun than you expected to be. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.