Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Speech Therapists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Basant Bhardwaj
Submit a review for Mr. Basant BhardwajYour feedback matters!
Hai am Sanjeev. Am suffering from stammering problem since my childhood. My age 26. Is there any treatment to solve permanently. Pls help me. Send valuable suggestions. than you.
I speak r for l .because of this my speech is not clear. This problem I have from childhood. Here I want to ask if this can be cured. I face lack of confidence due to this.
My nephew is 3 years old and she hardly weighs 5 kg. She early can speak few words. I did consult so many child specialist but outcome is not that much so which investigation should I do or what kind of specialist should I consult?
I am 33 years old. I have Hypothyroidism. My voice has been changed when I was pregnant. Please let me know, what may be the problem. Do I need to consult Endocrinologist or ENT specialist.
Hello doctor I am 18 year old and I suffered from stammering so much for last 15 years and I do speech therapy for 2 years but not my stammering was not cure! please suggest me what can I do!
Hi, I am 34 years old male, having stammering, but got worse in last 3-4 years, when speak, face expressions get worse, want cure immediately with fluency. Please help. Staying in gurgaon. Want free or affordable hospital. What about TISA? Thanks.
I am a 22 year old female, suffering from stammering problems since 10 years. Please suggest some treatment for me. It's urgent.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lycopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.