Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Barkha GuptaYour feedback matters!
Audiology deals in identifying and evaluating hearing disorders that are associated with adults, children or infants. The audiology department at genesis-neurogen diagnostic evaluations to people having speech, hearing, language and communication difficulties.
- Our team of experienced and qualified audiologists undertakes all kinds of hearing tests like newborn screening (oea) pta, etc. And also have experience with regard to all types of hearing aids, starting from the standard to the most advanced option. Our experts provide solution for all lifestyle needs e. G. Swimming ear plugs, noise muffs/plugs etc.
- We specialize with determining cochlear implant candidacy, mapping and auditory verbal therapy.
- We also deal with all kinds of speech-related problems including language and voice problems for e. G. Stammering, delayed speech and language misarticulation, cleft palate etc. With regard to children and aphasia, dysarthria, parkinson’s, hoarse voice etc in case of adults.
- A comprehensive assessment is carried out for each patient based on wjihich a customized treatment plan is planned through the use of latest and advanced technology.
- Our highly trained specialists offer a wide variety of services like speech/language intervention, cochlear implants and aural rehabilitation
Since my childhood 5-15 years of age O got struck with Typhoid for two times regular. After I got ok but stammering occurred and till day it is incurable and most disturbed. Kindly provide reasonable cure if any.
I can't speak clearly. When I'm in tension or depression its very hard to speak clear. In hindi its called haklana. Example:- 1) my name is Prafull (its clear) 2) my name is p. P. P. Prafull (its speech problem) Please help me sir. Thank you.
Dear sir I have only one son. He is 6 year old but he not able for walk he not speak he not sit he abnormal I took many treatment for him but he did not have any improvement please give some suggestion what I do for him he can speak or walk or can sit thanks I i am from madhya pradesh live in gwalior I want he will be ok.
I have stammering problem but most of time I speak perfectly but when I feel nervously, in hurry or speak to unknown I am stammering I also do speech therapy but its up to me how can I control this disorder please help me. Plz.
Sir, My father has diagnosed with thyroid calcification nodule, and suffering with cough & voice hoarseness since last two month so please suggest what we do now?
My 27 years old autistic son is non verbal. He is having Autism. How can I develop his speech. Is there effective medicines for developing speech of the autistic?
I have stuttering problem whenever I get nervous or scared I cannot speak fluently I stutter how can I stop it I feel really embarrassed please help.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.
My fingers starts shaking uncontrollable even if I get slightly nervous and also stammering this was very low but nowadays its increasing.
I am suffering from a disease black color in my nose & forehead on 1yr. But I can't understand whats it? Please speak me about in this deases medicine name.
Actually I need to ask about one medicine that is "Kali broom. 1M" Manufactured by: ADELMAR PHARMA, Germany I am 21 years old And I have stammer problem. Someone suggest me this medicine and I brought It from online. But I have no idea how to use it and in what dosage. Can You please guide me. Thank You and have a good day Sir/Mam :)
Hello one of my male friend Is 32 years old and he has stammering problem and fobia while speaking can you please help?
Problems that create difficulty in speaking-
I’m an ENT specialist. I served in the army for 15 years, following which I am now in private practice in Vasant Vihar, South Delhi. Today, we will discuss hoarsness, or cracking of the voice or difficulty in speaking.
Hoarseness of the voice quite commonly arises if you have some kind of a vocal strain or a sore throat that has not been adequately treated. Nowadays, we believe that acidity reflux can also cause hoarseness. If your voice has been hoarsed and you are not speaking for more than at least two to three weeks, it is essential for you to have your vocal cords checked and diagnosed because we want to make sure that you are not suffering from any dangerous disease like cancer or some other problem which can spread and which is important for us to treat early.
If you go to the ENT specialist for an appointment, they normally will give a local anaesthetic in your throat and take a detailed look at your vocal cords with scopes which are either 70degreese or a 90-degree radioscopy. Sometimes they will like to do flexible fibre operated laparoscopy which would let them see your vocal cords in great detail. my request to you is hoarseness that is persisting for some time please do not ignore as it could be as serious problem.
As well as health tips are concerned we normally request people to not to speak very loudly not to speak for very long a period at a time. If your throat goes dry while speaking please use some sips or water to moisten your throat. Avoid smoking avoid drinking alcohol and avoid taking chilled water because these can affect your vocal cords in a negative way.
If there is a problem you can get in touch with me via lybrate through the various problems available or call my clinic set up an appointment for us to evaluate you and find out your cause and treat you.