Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Barkha Gupta
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Barkha GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi my son is 2.6 years old. He talks nicely but starting of vowels as we have observed, he drags it like" eeeega","neeeeeeeru" so I am worried. Is it stammer or normal. Please let me know. Thank you.
My age 26 I am suffering stammering please suggest homoeopathy medicine I am heaving Word to word some space I can't speak fluently, no headache, no ear, no eye problems. Only stammering is there Please suggest.
My voice is heavy it create some time problem to me. I do not get selected sometime in interview because of this. How can I make my voice tune sweet?
I can't speak the word R since from my birth. I tried speaking many times but it can't be helped. Can it be cured somehow.
Speech therapy is a very specific field of medicine where the therapists deal with speech disorders in children and adults, which may be a result of certain mental or personality disorders. These doctors can be essential when it comes to teaching a child how to articulate better and also to be more expressive of his/her feelings. Here is a look at a few of the benefits of a speech therapist in the life of a child suffering from speech impairment.
- Improvement of articulation skills: Articulation refers to the movement of the mouth, lips and tongue in such a manner so as to form and pronounce a word properly. Aside from the movement of the mouth, voice modulation also falls within the purview of articulation. A child suffering from speech impairment cannot perform this activity as easily as a healthy child does. This is where a speech therapist comes into play. These specialists can ensure that the child’s mouth movement and voice modulation can be in perfect harmony to form words normally.
- Language skills: Some form of mental disorders severely limit the number of new words or grammar rules that a child can learn. A speech therapist can aid such children in learning the basic rules of grammar and apply these rules when they speak out. So, it is quite likely that the therapists may also act as teachers for the children and improve their overall vocabulary.
- Improvement of listening skills: Difficulty in speaking can sometimes also lead to difficulty in understanding what others are saying. So, if your child has a speech impairment, it may mean that he has problems understanding what you say to him. In such a circumstance, the speech therapist can, for instance, help your child understand the difference between a question and a statement. In the long run, the listening skill will help your child comprehend you better.
- Reduction of stammering: Stuttering and stammering are forms of speech impairment that many children suffer from. However, such impairments can be easily rectified by undergoing a few sessions with a speech therapist. The therapist can clear your child’s speech and ensure that the stammering disappears by the time he/she grows up.
- Treat certain vocal conditions: Your child may be unable to speak clearly due to an issue with his/her vocal chords. If that is the case, speech therapists can sometimes help your child with the same. Abnormal vocal resonance can also be corrected by these specialists.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Audiology deals in identifying and evaluating hearing disorders that are associated with adults, children or infants. The audiology department at genesis-neurogen diagnostic evaluations to people having speech, hearing, language and communication difficulties.
- Our team of experienced and qualified audiologists undertakes all kinds of hearing tests like newborn screening (oea) pta, etc. And also have experience with regard to all types of hearing aids, starting from the standard to the most advanced option. Our experts provide solution for all lifestyle needs e. G. Swimming ear plugs, noise muffs/plugs etc.
- We specialize with determining cochlear implant candidacy, mapping and auditory verbal therapy.
- We also deal with all kinds of speech-related problems including language and voice problems for e. G. Stammering, delayed speech and language misarticulation, cleft palate etc. With regard to children and aphasia, dysarthria, parkinson’s, hoarse voice etc in case of adults.
- A comprehensive assessment is carried out for each patient based on wjihich a customized treatment plan is planned through the use of latest and advanced technology.
- Our highly trained specialists offer a wide variety of services like speech/language intervention, cochlear implants and aural rehabilitation