Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Bansi Lal BhanYour feedback matters!
My husband got fever again n again we did urine test on n which pus cell are 30-50hpf and RBC 5-10 .Is it serious what should we do? He is 31 year.
My mother is 48 year old. The problem is that she has a problem of frequent urination (5 times a day) from few days. Please tell me what is the problem.
I have been fatigue since few months back and I urinate as soon as I consume any liquid. I can't rest well in my sleep too, and I get tired easily when I work unlike in the past where I'm energetic, my mother is a diabetic patient am I also suffering from diabetics?
I am 29 years old. I had problem with fistula. My was lots of pus discharge in anal area from external path. After that I did operation and my external path is closed and my pus discharge also stop. But 5 to 4 days I feelvmy anal area little bit wet again. Is fistula back again. Is there possibility cancer there. I am worried about it. Please help.
During lavatory (dry cough) it pains me in the right below the lungs since 5 days. I had kidney stone past 1 year but was drained before. I smoke 7 cigarettes a day, Age 21 Male.
Last month had uti complaining of urine burning feeling on investigation my uric acid was 6.9 for that I had taken febucip 80 once daily for six weeks plus restricted diet. Now on repeat test my level is 5. But still I advice to take febucip 40 for 2 months. Is it required to continue the medication.
Hello. My mother has gone through 2 operations for birth and uterus removal. Since den she is not able to control her urine. Whenever she feels to urinate she have to go to washroom she can not control or stop it. please help wid its cure.
Bed Par pesab ho jata hai, bachpan ke baad kbhi thik nai hua, last 2 years se medicine le raha hu par thik hoke fir shuru ho jata, please help me.
I had kidney stone. I done cystoscopy. Now can I drink fresh juices like apple, orange? What are the fruit juices can I drink sir?
I am having a pimple near my butt crack around from 1 month it is completely PAINLESS and also PULSELESS there is no red thing nearer to that also. Is it could be pilonidal sinus? I actually searched in google except the location of sinus I do not have any other symptoms. Please reply me the answer.
I am 30 years old and there is itching in my anus due to reddish discharge from surrounding of anal and soft tissues come out last few month I am facing constipation and gas problem also.
Sir, I have problem of bleeding while toilet. Its so painful, one side of my anus is swollen. Therefore I uncomfortable. Please prescribe some medicine to vure my problem. Waiting in anticipation. Thank you.
Pelvis discomfort, I have two calculi in right kidney and left renal agenesis, 19 mm cyst in left seminal vesicle, is it any std causing the pelvis discomfort?
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Not all urinary tract infections (UTIs) can be prevented, but there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk of developing an infection.
Cranberry juice and capsules
Drinking cranberry juice may help prevent UTIs. If you have had recurring UTIs, higher-strength cranberry capsules are recommended. These are available from most pharmacists and supermarkets.
Don't drink cranberry juice or take cranberry capsules if you are taking warfarin (a medicine used to prevent blood clots).
Treat constipation promptly
Constipation can increase your chances of developing a UTI. Recommended treatments for constipation include:
increasing the amount of fibre in your diet (20g to 30g of fibre a day)
using a mild laxative on a short-term basis
drinking plenty of fluids
See your GP if your symptoms don't improve or if your child is constipated.
Diaphragms and condoms
If you're a woman, using a diaphragm for contraception can increase the risk of getting a UTI. This is because the diaphragm may press on your bladder and prevent it emptying completely when you urinate.
If you use a diaphragm and have recurring UTIs, you might want to consider changing to another method of contraception. There are 15 different methods of contraception to choose from.
If you get recurring UTIs and you use condoms, try using condoms that don't have a spermicidal lubricant on them – it will say whether it does on the packet.
Spermicidal lubricant can cause irritation and make it more likely that you'll get a UTI. There are lots of condoms that have non-spermicidal lubricant, so use these instead.
Other useful advice
The following advice may be useful in helping you keep your bladder and urethra free from bacteria:
drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and help clear bacteria from the urinary tract
go to the toilet as soon as you feel the need to urinate, rather than holding it in
wipe from front to back after going to the toilet
practise good hygiene by washing your genitals every day, and before having sex.
empty your bladder after having sex