Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Banashree DasYour feedback matters!
I had an ovary cyst laser operation 2 month ago and after that an injection was given in bump. A big lump was formed after the injection. Noe after two months it it becom smaller but itis not going away and sometimes there is pain also in the hip and leg. Please suggest what I should do.
Hi & Good Evening, I got recently married on 11th of January in this year and I am happy with my family and I am getting sex with my wife with a lot of satisfaction & feeling happy we both couple but now as we completed around 5 months, till now my wife aren't getting any result of pregnancy report, I am feeling scared in this regards. So kindly treat me well with a good information in this regards and please help me with better tips to get a better result. Thanks,
How can we stop our hair falling. After bathing lot of hair is coming in towel and i'm afraid of it. Tried a lot of hair oils and shampoos, but it didn't stop. What can I do to prevent hair falling?
Adult orthodontics---An insight
A few decades ago, orthodontic treatment was not frequently undertaken for adult patients but the number of adult patients nowadays receiving orthodontic treatment is increasing day by day. Most of the adults (18-40 years) who have not received orthodontic treatment as children or young adults due to financial restrictions or lack of awareness, now want to seek orthodontic treatment as they have become financially independent and are more aware of their looks. Their main goal is to correct their malocclusion, their smile, appearance & their quality of life.
Adult orthodontics demand additional skills to bring out the best possible outcome in most of the cases as most adults in both the younger & older groups fairly understand what they want as outcome of the treatment. Although buccal fixed metallic braces are efficient treatment systems, these motivated adult patients have some concerns about the appearance of conventional orthodontic braces. The demand for an invisible orthodontic treatment comes from adults who are concerned about the reaction of others to obvious orthodontic treatment either due to peer pressure, demands of their working atmosphere other constrains. Nowadays, there are 3 main options for adults to undergo orthodontic treatment:
- Ceramic braces: These are brackets made of tooth colored material placed on the outer side of teeth. They do mask the metallic smile of course, but these are not totally invisible.
- Lingual orthodontics: These braces are placed on the inner side of teeth, so these are not visible at all but patient need more adjustment time in them due to the close proximity of tongue. These are more technically difficult for the orthodontist to use efficiently orthodontists do need to have special training to master this technique with a long steep learning curve.
- Clear aligners: These are transparent appliances which are snapped over teeth for treatment. These appliances are efficient effective for non-extraction treatment with mild to moderate malocclusions but still have a long way to go before they can be successfully used to treat difficult malocclusion cases. Further developments in technique technology may overcome these limitations.
- Summarizing, it can be said that treatment options are numerous. Depending upon the patient’s expectations as well as the financial aspect complications of the case, your orthodontist will suggest you the treatment mode best suited for you. However, its absolutely necessary that patient realizes that the skill competence of a trained certified orthodontist is the most important factor in the success of the treatment.
I want to become mother. Before days I hv irregular periods but after treatment I getting regularly. So please tel when day best for inter sexual. After period wn day we do?
My periods last happened on 25 May and they usually happen after 20 days. Stomach also paining like its a shoot up pain. Kindly suggest something. I'm single and 23 years old. Had tried curd rice too. Periods Was supposed to happen on 15 June but it's overdue☹️
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 1 month ago. But she took the ipill. And nxt mnth she got periods 15 days late. But now we noticed even after getting periods, her weight is increasing. Is it a sign of pregnancy? please reply.
I am not getting proper Periods and only one day the blood is flowing I am joining weight and loosing Hairs and my skin is getting worse day by day I have got pcod scanned it has been started how can I get rid of all these problems.
I am 29 year old unmarried girl. I want hymenoplasty treatment. Is it useful in my age? It can be noticeable or not?
My regular menstrual period was 5th January. But during this period for the first time no blood flow is there only the white liquid is coming. Kindly give me proper suggestions what's the problem & what I have to do.
Hi I am 33 years old, 6 months before I got married still my wife is not pregnant, I have to confirm, whether is any problem from my end, how to find in home itself, is any home remedies. Please advise.
While sex is something which is supposed to be a lot of fun and pleasurable to engage in can sometimes it can also turn out to be quite the opposite. One of the reasons for this can be a problem called vaginismus. And, a condition like this can threaten to break a marriage, it will be helpful to know a little bit about it.
Understanding the problem
Vaginismus is a problem which occurs when the muscles of the pelvic floor of a woman’s body contract when there is an attempt to insert something into the vagina. This contraction is not voluntary in nature. In a significant number of cases, vaginismus is the natural reaction of the body when something untoward has happened with the woman before. In many cases, if the woman has been the subject of any form of sexual abuse, she is likely to suffer from vaginismus more than other woman who have not been through this unfortunate experience.
The degree of severity of the case of vaginismus can really vary from one woman to another. The pain which is caused by vaginismus only occurs when there is an attempt to insert something into the vagina, be it a tampon or a penis, and does not exist at all otherwise. Your doctor can only correctly diagnose the issue.
Vaginismus happens to be a rather common problem and many women are known to suffer from it at some point of their lives. What does differ, however, is the degree of intensity of the pain. That being said, it is not too hard to cure vaginismus, but it is easier to do so for women who have not been experiencing pain for a long period of time.
Overcoming the obstacle
The best way to go about setting the problem of vaginismus right is by making a daily habit of doing Kegel exercises. These exercises are focused on improving the strength and also the functioning of the pelvic floor. They are quite common in prenatal sessions for mothers who are close to giving birth.
The Kegel exercise method of solving vaginismus is successful in more than 90% of the cases though these exercises, which are to be done, may not seem to be all that complicates. As long as a woman is consistent, she can enjoy the joys of sex minus the pain.
I had pelvic tvs sonography. Is everything normal to get pregnant Pelvis shows an anteverted uterus with central endometrial canal Uterus measures 56x29x34 mm Endometrial thickness measures 5 mm Both the ovaries were well visualized and appeared bulky with multiple small follicles noted in parenchyma. Right ovary measures 38x24x37 mm. Volume measures 17.4 c mm Left ovary measures 40x22x33 mm, volume measures 14.7 c mm. There is no fluid in cul-de-sac This test was done on 12-feb and my last period date was 19-jan Is everything normal, can I get pregnant.
I had not really sex but rubbing private parts over each other's on 25th October. I took I pill and got periods in November and december too but now I did not got periods. My stomach is bulging out and I am tensed. What to do? And please mention good doctors around Gandhinagar, Gujarat who do not charge high.
My problem is, my wife not get pragnet before 3 years and I live together last 6 month I check to Dr. (Gyeno) but all test are ok I. E hb, vdrl, blood sugar, hiv, hbsag, urine, l, r, thyroid function, hsg and my semen analysis, but no response received.
Although most women experience menopause between the age of 45 and 55, but when women experience the menopause before they reach 40, it is termed a premature or early menopause. It is also known as premature ovarian failure.
This may be due to primary ovarian insufficiency in which there is decreased activity in ovaries and the periods spontaneously stops. It may be result of chemotherapy treatment for cancer or it can be surgically induced menopause when the ovaries are removed. Premature menopause can also be caused by treatments for cancer or other conditions that involve chemotherapy or radiation therapy for the pelvis. These treatments can damage the ovaries and result in ovarian failure. The chances of premature menopause depend on the type and amount of chemotherapy as well as the age of the patient
Removal of both ovaries by surgery causes menopause right away. Menstruation stops after this surgery, but the hormones of women facing such condition drop quickly. They experience strong menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and diminished sexual desire
Chromosome defects like Turner’s syndrome can lead to premature menopause. In this condition, the female is partly or completely missing an X chromosome due to which the ovaries does not form normally leading to early menopause. Women with a family history of premature menopause are more likely to have the same themselves. Autoimmune diseases like Thyroid disease and rheumatoid arthritis that attack the body's immune system may mistakenly effect the ovaries thus preventing them from making hormones.
One should visit a gynaecologist, if the period stops or changes before the age of 40. Menopause is confirmed when a woman does not have her period for 12 months in a row. Blood tests for measurement of oestrogen and related hormones, like follicle-stimulating hormone determines if one has reached premature menopause
Women have premature menopause can be observed as physical problems, emotional disturbances or problems associated with sexual functioning. Women experience sudden waves of mild or intense body heat commonly known as hot flashes and can also experience profuse sweating called as night sweats and have difficulty in sleeping. They experience vaginal dryness and the sexual drive or the libido also decreases. The bone density decreases leading to osteoporosis and fractures. In addition to physical symptoms, there are emotional symptoms like anxiety, mood swings, loss of focus and difficulty in concentration. Women who want to conceive and go through premature menopause may feel extremely upset. The sexual symptoms include dryness and thinning of walls of vagina, thus causing pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
My wife is pregnant and 2nd week of pregnancy what will the diet chart for healthy baby or normal delivery?
She is having pain and bleeding from vagina every time she is going for urinating and its paining too much while doing so what could be the problem?
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a disorder, which causes cysts or fluid filled growths, which may grow on the ovaries and cause havoc with a woman's hormones and sexual health. Not only does this condition play with your health, but it also causes extreme pain on your abdomen which may increase during the periods. Homeopathy has many cures for various types of PCOS in the form of various medications.
- Natrum Mur: PCOS may manifest differently in different women. One of the most commonly reported symptoms of PCOS is of irregular and suppressed periods. Natrum Mur is an effective remedy for this condition. Women who are trying to conceive may also benefit if their efforts to do so have failed.
- Pulsatilla: This is an effective medication in case PCOS has affected your menstrual periods in such a way that you have very scanty periods. Your periods may come after long gaps and may be very painful. Some symptoms, which the patient might exhibit would be a lack of thirst and a desire to be in open air all the time.
- Sepia: This is the most prescribed medication among the other homeopathic remedies for PCOS as it is known to have multiple benefits. Not only does it correct irregular and short periods, it is also effective in reducing the inflammation of the ovaries caused by the presence of the cysts. Cases where sepia is administered may show symptoms of mental irritability and being sensitive to cold air.
- Calcarea Carb: Some women may get periods, which are quite profuse and may be longer in terms of duration. It may make you prone to gaining weight as well. Calcarea carb is a very effective medication, which can effectively control these symptoms. Calcarea carb will be prescribed to you if you have a craving for boiled eggs and have heavy sweating (know more about Sweating problem) on the head as external symptoms.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This medicine is usually prescribed to women if they have multiple cysts within the left ovary. These cysts may not cause much inflammation, but will be quite painful. It is also prescribed in cases where a woman may get male pattern hair growth on the body. Thuja is very effective is dissolving cysts and thus can quickly correct hormonal imbalances caused by these. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.