Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balbir Singh Gandhi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Balbir Singh GandhiYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old I was suffered from sinus stuffy nose for past 35 years what is the treatment and still I am using Otrivin Nasal Spray past twenty five years.
Hi Sir, I am male 55 years old, working in Oman as an accountant. My problem is, I can't smell all the smells for 4 years. I can't recognise whether I am drinking tea of coffee by smell and I can't eat foods with its real taste! But I can smell some hard like Petrol, Diesel, Kerosine, some hard smelled perfumes etc. I had consulted here with a doctor, he just lighted into my nose and told that my nose bone has a bend and it can't be do anything! Can you advise which can do here?
I have done master health check up in ecg report SINUS TACHYCARDIA Rate 105 I want know about this please.
M patient of sinusitis and my nose produce alott of mucus nd even in summer m struggle with cold what ia reason behind it.
I am 19 years old. I suffer from severe sneeze n irritation in my face. I take medicines for it regularly in d name of sinusitis. How can I get it completely cured?
Hello, I have been suffering from allergy since 2 years. It has been repeated many times whenever I wake up in morning I get too much sneezes. And due to that my whole body aches. Some sort of allergy is hindering with my body but I don't know what it is? Due to this I have a itchy throat too and even when I yawn my throat hurts And it usually happens in summer only and I have to avoid cold items during summer. Kindly guide me what kind of allergy is this or what kind of test should be done regarding this?
Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary.
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis, medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Paracetamol: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of Paracetamol.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!