Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bakija
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BakijaYour feedback matters!
Hi Good morning My daughter is 5 years old she has lots of Lice in her hair We r still using medical shampoo n Neem hair oil but not getting relief Pls advice what should I do?
My baby 11 months old 9 kg weight, suffering from cold, cough,fever. Dr. given antibiotic zericlav 5 ml twice a day ,soventus jr cough syrup 2.5 ml thrice a day, maxtra cold syrup 5 ml thrice a day. I am giving dz medicines frm 2 days baby started loose motions. Does medicines are overdosage? HW to whether infection is viral or bacterial? I feel lyk dosage is more. Loose motions due to high amount of antibiotic.
Children are born with juvenile and weak immune systems. Therefore, they have a tendency to get a high number of diseases, every one to two months. Children's immune systems start to develop not long after birth. The quantity of infections and allergies start to run down with time. When kids are in school, their rate of infections is generally the same as the rate for grown-ups. It is typical for a kid till the age of five to fall ill a few times per year. Thrice is still reasonable. If it goes beyond that, it classifies as a constant infection.
Most specialists are only concerned, if the child suffers from basic viral infections to more complicated ones and extreme bacterial diseases such as blood diseases and pneumonia. Bizarre infections or an expansion in the quantity of diseases after some time are other cautioning signs.
However, here are certain homeopathic cures that help build the immune system along with treating some of these serious issues:
- Allium Cepa: When there is watery release from the eyes along with a running nose, Allium Cepa is one of the best homeopathic medicines. It is ideal for infections that are weather-related. The eyes become red and are sensitive to light. The watery release from the nose is thin and harsh. In the meantime, the release from the eyes is a little thick.
- Arundo: At times when the symptoms start with extreme itching, Arundo is especially recommended and is one of the best homeopathic cures for constant infections in children. There is a great deal of itching and tingling in the nose, the eyes and on top of the mouth.
- Sulfur: This is the most common homeopathic medicine for skin infections with extreme itching and burning sensation. The skin usually stays dry and the patient gets relief by scratching it. Remaining tired all the time, having a sad and grimy looking skin, getting temptation for desserts and extreme warmth in the entire body are some symptoms for which Sulfur is selected.
- Arsenic Album: In situations where there is serious thirst and the child feels really weak, Arsenic Album is one of the best homeopathic medications for repetitive infections. There might be anxiety and uneasiness with alternate side effects of fever.
- Merc Sol: When the child does not feel comfortable in warm or cold surroundings, Merc Sol is extremely effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines. There is a great amount of wheezing and watery release from the nose. The child feels worse in humid or wet climate. Increased sweating is another sign in order to take this medicine.
- Natrum Mur: In situations where there is a lot of sniffling and the symptoms begin with wheezing, Natrum Mur is very effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for repetitive infections. There is a lot of dryness of the mouth and mucous membrane.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son is 5.5 months old and is completely on BF. Lately he has been coughing on and off he does not seem to be having any cold. What cud be the reason? Is he finding difficult to swallow saliva or milk while sleeping? Pls advice.
As i am potts spine tuberculosis patient and doctor not allowed me to breastfeed my 7month old baby so my baby is on lactogen 2formula please suggest me some best formula milk and some formula cereal or food for my baby. I really cannot breastfeed my baby because of my disease I just feed her till 6months.
Hello, Doctors I am very miserable condition my baby is not drinking breast milk at the same time I have deficiency in breast milk production. She is 5 month baby what will help to replace breast milk? Breast milk formula is help to her growth what can I do for her growth?
My baby is 2 years 4 months, ulcer is spread throughout his mouth, doctors are saying he is having viral infection. He is admitted in the hospital. Doctora are giving him saline. But he is not having any food. Can you please suggest what can I give him to eat, so taht he can eat something. He has stopped eating.
For parents who are not able to accept their child's disability or disorder and feel ashamed to have such a child:
If your'normal' child is not able to become an engineer or doctor or anything you expect/desire, despite having good education and all facilities in materialistic terms, would you call that'normal' child disabled?
In one way, it should be called disability. Because the child has no ability to become what is expected of him or her. Or may be the child has lost that ability because of various psychological reasons (lack of interest, poor focus in studies, low motivation etc.). But you won't feel much ashamed of that child, probably because you think the child is'normal' and can fulfill at least one or more other expectations. But you will easily accept the" limitations" of that child.
- For your'normal' child, disability is a limitation, but for the'abnormal' child, there is only disability. Why disability can't be just called limitation? we all have certain limitations. All'normal' people have limitations. Are we all disabled? I dont have the ability to fly. Am I disabled? or do I just lack a component in my biology which limits my ability to fly. Probably yes. I have a serious limitation that does not allow me to fly. But I never wanted to fly. Your'disabled' child, probably never wanted to become'normal. That child may have some serious limitation which limits the ability to walk or think or relate to others. Can't you identify any such serious limitation in your'normal' child? and what about you? can you identify any serious limitation within yourself?
- If all of us begin to talk about and consider our limitations, then all of us would be proved disabled. Even you too. So who is a disabled child? one with limitations or one with a disorder? I believe both, or may be no one. Both children - with disorder and without disorder - have biological limitations, both have psychological limitations, and both are in fictitious sense, disabled.
- But its better to look at both of them having their own limitations. Because terms like'disability'abnormality' makes you feel you are superior, and hence, you select the one among both who is superior like you. But fact is, you are also disabled in the sense I described above. So you are no more superior. Either we all are disabled / abnormal, or we all have limitations.
- Disability makes one feel sick, that requires a cure and cures kill something within, which is not our, which is not needed, which is not'accepted, which has to die, so that one feels like being born again. But what if disability doesn't have any cure? so it's not a good choice to remain feeling sick and unwanted. It yields feelings of inferiority.
- On the other hand, limitation gives hope of winning, achieveing, and overcoming something hidden or unknown; which already lies within but has to be moulded in a desirable manner, so that one feels accepted and significant. It's a growth. A growth which is possible and takes one to a level of higher potential. There is another form of rebirth in this growth, which gives feeling of acceptance and love, and not superiority.