Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years old lady, and my hair is falling and it has become very thin . Please help. I cannot use any oil as the hair sticks to the scalp making me look ugly.
My wife is 52 yrs old and suffering from stomach ache for the last six days. She is currently on antibiotics. I wish to have sex with her tonight including oral sex. Is there any risk in licking her vagina because she may have some infection as she has stomachache.
I have blackheads and pimple. With black spots and many other problem in my face skin. please solve my problem nd rply.
Hiii am mayuri, 25 years old, I had very thin hair and short hair, am using coconut oil and loreal shampoo with conditioner, I had dry hair, once in a while I will use mix of curd, lemon, egg. Tell me a suggestion for this problem, tell me an best home remedies for hair spa and shampoo.
Actinic keratosis is a medical condition in which there is a formation of rough scaly patch on your skin due to excess and prolonged exposure to the sun's rays. It is also known as solar keratosis and is commonly found in the areas of ears, lips, forearms, scalp and neck. They take years to develop and a small percentage of cases can even develop into skin cancer. Read on more to find out all about the different causes and symptoms of actinic keratosis.
Causes: The primary cause for actinic keratosis is due to frequent or intense exposure to the UV rays either from the sun or from tanning beds. It has been seen that although people of all ages can be affected by actinic keratosis, people who are above the age of 40, people who live in sunny climates, people who have a history of frequent or intense exposure to the sun or sunburn, people with a history of actinic keratosis and people with a weak immune system are more prone to be affected by actinic keratosis.
Symptoms: Actinic keratosis has distinct features and if you have developed such symptoms, then you are more than likely to be suffering from actinic keratosis.
- Existence of rough, scaly or dry patches of skin concentrated in certain parts of the body. These patches are usually less than 1 inch in diameter.
- They are usually flat and in some cases can be slightly raised in the form of a bump on the top most layer of the skin.
- In some instances, however, they can have the form of a hard wart like surface.
- These bumps or lesions can be pink, red, brown or flesh colored.
- Intense itching and burning can occur in the affected area.
- Actinic keratosis occurs primarily in the areas of the body, which have been exposed to the sun's rays the most. These include the face, ears, lips, back of the hands, forearms, scalp and neck.
As it is very difficult to differentiate between cancerous and noncancerous spots, it is recommended to consult a doctor and opt for treatment.
My 50% Of hairs fallen away so which r the treatment/medication/gel and Oils, are required for stopping and as well as in growth of hairs.
Sir my mother is suffering from heel cracks and the resulting pain while walking. how to get rid of that sir?
I have a PCOD borderline Syndromes. From last 1 and half years since I am married. I want to know what can I do for that. What's the treatment apart from walking. And also my stomach iz very sensitive. I have stomach pain from last 8 months and everything iz normal clinically tested. But still I have pain in Right lower quadrant (RLQ) abdominal pain. Just below chest right side. Pain starts after having meal. Starts bloating. And breathing gets less than normal. please please please help me doctors. I want to conceive and without any pain or other diseases.
Can somebody please explain me in simple words that what is likely hemorrhagic cyst right ovary and how to get rid of this.
I am having pain in both the legs and knee when I stand or walk from last 6 month. L took gemcal for 2 months and gemcal plus for additional 1 month but I didn't find much relief. Can I take calcirol sachet 60000 IU and gemcal. When and how should I take it.
Hello. I have curly hair like between curly and wavy. They are very dry and lack shine. O don't know what to do with them. What should I do to get soft and shiny hair. I use egg once a week. Please help.
I am zubair. I have many problem of health. I had loose motion at minimum time. please give me solution.
Hi my father is suffering in lever cancer last stage can I know how can possible to cure the cancer?
Hypertrichosis: Symptoms and causes
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.