Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. B S DwivediYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from shrt breathless, snoring and many time gasping for breath. No proper sleep. please guide me.
My son (9 years old) very frequently suffers from ear pain and when he sleeps at night he breathe through his mouth and not by his nose. The doctors after doing X-rays and many tests, told me that he has "enlarged Adenoid gland" and the only option is to do a surgery. So,is there no medicine or spray available instead of surgery? Is there any chance of regrowth or any infection after the surgery?
I am 68 years old. Suffering from tinnitus and sleep disorder. For sleep I am taking zapiz 1. Mg hs. But it is not solving my tinnitus plus I am afraid to be addict of clonazepam. What shall I do? Further, I would also request for a dependable related Doctor nearest to kharghar, navi Mumbai.
I am a student. I can not fall asleep at night till 4. In morning I feel very sleepy. Even if I sleep for more than 8 hrs I feel dizzy and tired all day long. sometimes I have a bad headache. Also there is a problem i have pain in my leg every alternate days.
Nose blockage and voice change from past 2 months. No easy discharge from nose . Frequent heaviness in nose which caused headache. When try to discharge from nose created stress in ears. Thick mucus from nose. Living in Bahrain and working as a sales engineer there due to my probation period I am not able to come to India. Taking medicines prescribed for Dr. Are, Flixonase. cetrizine. paracetamol. Zamur tab 500 mg.
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes(This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
The symptoms of tinnitus include
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Hi I am 23 years old, suffering chronic sinusitis, already get operated and polyps removed, my latest ct scan impression is no evidence of sinus but still phlegm in throat and cough
I have had sinus problem will cold and cough since teenage despite a deviated nasal septum operation. I also have multiple sorocis since last 5 to 8 years. I think I am allergic to something I can't trace besides dust. Who do I consult and after a allergy test, will the allergy shots be useful.
I am getting fever frequently, snoring will be there for a week. It starts, if I drink cold water, or if I eat oily food. Cold and fever starts with throat infection.
Hello doctor, my age is 26 year and I have asthma and sinus problem since last 2 years. I face problem in mostly in winter. I don't breath properly and my nose are completely blocked.
Congestion in throat with redness but no pain . Problem more while sleeping as it seem to throat get more congested .symptoms from 3 days.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Generally once in a week or two week in the evening time my bs level becomes 60 to 80 and I feel vertigo .I am taking trivet 1 half tablet after meal daily.
Tonsillitis, in the easiest terms, is the swelling of tonsils in our throat that is accompanied by symptoms like throat pain, difficulty in swallowing/ drinking, altered voice and fever etc.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails. Gargles difficult in children below 10yrs, but one can try gargles in older children. Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult a child specialist or pediatrician in case throat pain and fever doesn't settle, inspite of home remedies and let your doctor decide if antibiotics are required, rather than going for self medication as it have side effects.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.