Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. B P SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have been facing multiple challenges. I am 55 years old now. I used to work at a leadership role at Board level. Due to bad politics in workplace, my contract/tenure was not renewed. This is despite the Board of Directors recommendations about my outstanding performance for 5 years. First setback on the professional front. Then I had Intestinal Bowel Syndrome (IBS) for more than one month. I was under tremendous stress. Completed my PhD in the meanwhile. Two months of academic research took away lots of mental energy. Developed serious back pain on the lower spine followed by cervical spondylitis. The high stress has disturbed my Lipid profile. I am a chronic Hypertensive. Sleep disorders , stiffness in legs , numbness in left leg followed by head reeling are some the health challenges I have been facing during last five months. Please guide me for way forward. Thanks.
My mother is 59 years old and suffering from osteoarthritis of right leg knee for last 9 years. Pls let me know details about the best treatment available with cost expenses, duration of treatment, etc at earliest. In addition she is also suffering from parkinson diseases. Kindly provide fruitful advise opinion keeping in mind above health prevailing circumstance.
I am 23 year old male. I have join pain from last few years. Doctor told me that I may have some type of arthritis problem. Whenever I eat something rich in calcium (like , egg and Chicken) my wrist and elbow joints pain increases. Mostly occur in the morning. And also thinks that I may have some hormonal imbalance problem. So please tell me what should I do.
Fatigue Feeling tired all the time Low back pain Thinning of hair or Hair Loss . Soft or Weak Erection Eye floaters or fuzzy vision cramp or pain in the pelvic cavity or in the tail bone . I showed its due to over masturbation. Can I regain my health? Is complete recovery possible? What should I do now?
I feel pain in my heels when I walk after sitting for a long time. The pain goes when I walk or stand for a few minutes. What could be the reason? And how can I win over this problem? please suggest me.
I met an accident 5 years ago in which I faced injuries in my left arm. I have minor fractured in my left shoulder and major fractured in my elbow joint. Even the nerves of the pinky finger and little finger were damaged. I was operated successfully and I was told with the passage of time and with the little exercises my nerves will be ok. But still after 5 years I can feel that it is not properly recovered. Even I have consulted this thing with my surgeon. He replied it is ok. But I want to know how can I get 100% recovered my nerves.
I am 28 year old, I have back west pain long time since 1year only in evening, lots of medicine taken but not relief. What I can do.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.