Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.L. PatnaikYour feedback matters!
Salt craving refers to the craving for food that contains excessive amount of sodium. When a person is more inclined towards the consumption of high sodium food, or you find him or her sprinkling extra table salt over the food, then that person is probably craving for salt. There can be a number of reasons behind a sudden or chronic craving for salt, and they can be:
- Low Sodium Level: One and the foremost reason for a salt craving could be low level of sodium in the body. This can usually lead to neurological disorders and hypertension, if it is not treated on time. One of the primary symptoms of a system suffering from sodium depletion is excessive sweating which can lead to further loss of water and sodium from the body. This can also happen due to stress or a lot of physical exertion. One must keep drinking water in order to replenish one’s reserves, during a workout or any sports activities.
- Addison’s Disease: This is another condition that can lead to salt cravings. In this condition, the body goes through a fluid imbalance because the adrenal glands do not secrete the required hormones in the appropriate quantity. This also leads to excretion of urinary sodium, which can also cause symptoms like dehydration and pain in the abdomen. When these hormones are not secreted properly, the kidneys cannot regulate the sodium level which can lead to high sodium cravings. Therefore, one must get a proper diagnosis done with urine and other lab tests so that any damage involving the kidneys can be studied and reported.
- Menstrual Cycle: There are a number of hormonal changes that happen when women go through their menstrual cycle or monthly period. When a woman is going through bleeding as well as ovulation, the hormones that are released can cause one to crave sodium rich food. This is because these hormones can cause an alteration of the taste buds.
- Opiate Withdrawal: Patients who are addicted to opiates and are going through withdrawal symptoms after they have stopped the consumption of opiates end up going through severe sodium cravings. This kind of addiction is usually caused by neurological reactions within the brain. This happens when the sodium and pleasure seeking centre of the brain gets stimulated.
How to Treat Salt Cravings: To begin with, one will have to get all the tests done so as o find out the exact cause of the sudden cravings. Also, it is imperative to bring down your intake of sodium and specially processed food, which is usually very high when it comes to sodium content. One should not have more than 2400 Mg of table salt in a day, as per varied medical reports. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Before 1 week of menstruation period. She is having pain in lower abdomen and also in the butter. What is the problem. What is the solution.
I have got married in feb 16 but still after 5 months I haven't get pregnant where as me and my husband continuously doing sex without taking any precaution. Is it any serious matter. Actually I am 32. Is there any need to consult any gyno for further checkup or we can wait for our baby. Before marriage I have also done sex with some one numerous time.
I and my gf had 5th day of period, protected sex but one time done unprotected sex, but one time done unprotected sex, but I not leave my sperm inside my gf vagina, before that I stopped. After that she ate papaya, pineapple, seems seeds, to avoid pregnancy. Actual period on 5 mar. She tested 3 times in home kit. Result is negative. But Till now she is without any period. She checked the pregnancy test with home kit, result is negative. Is there anything to worry about. And what about the period? Is it possible that the sperm may be available near her fallopian still and what should I do now and later. She is 24 year. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.
I am having a problems wd my periods. They r vry irregular and from last month its not happening. There z some dark brown excretion and I dnt knw why its happening. Cn you pls tell wht z the problem m having.
As hair is made of protein, ensuring you have enough protein in your diet is crucial for making hair strong and healthy. If you are not consuming enough protein in your diet, your hair is likely to become dry, brittle and weak. Extremely low protein diets may result in hair loss. Choose chicken, turkey, fish, dairy products and eggs as excellent sources of protein along with vegetarian sources such as legumes and nuts.
Iron is an especially important mineral for hair and too little iron (anaemia) is a major cause of hair loss. The hair follicle and root are fed by a nutrient rich blood supply. When iron levels (serum ferritin) fall below a certain point, you may experience anaemia. This disrupts the nutrient supply to the follicle, affecting the hair growth cycle and may result in shedding. Animal products such as red meat, chicken and fish provide iron with a high bioavailability, meaning the iron is readily available to the body. Vegetarians can raise their iron stores by including lentils, spinach and other leafy green vegetables such as broccoli, kale and salad greens.
3) Vitamin C
Vitamin c aids the absorption of iron so foods high in vitamin c are good to eat in conjunction with iron-rich foods. Vitamin c is also an antioxidant so is used readily by the body. The best sources are blackcurrants, blueberries, broccoli, guava, kiwi fruits, oranges, papaya, strawberries and sweet potatoes. Vitamin c helps in the production of collagen that strengthens the capillaries that supply the hair shafts.
Omega-3 fatty acids are important fats our body cannot make itself, and therefore must be obtained through our diet. Omega-3s are found in the cells that line the scalp and also provide the oils that keep your scalp and hair hydrated. Look out for oily fish such as salmon, herring, sardines, trout and mackerel and plant sources including avocado, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
5) Vitamin A
Vitamin a is needed by the body to make sebum. Sebum is an oily substance created by our hairs sebaceous glands and provides a natural conditioner for a healthy scalp. Without sebum we may experience an itchy scalp and dry hair. Include animal products and orange/yellow coloured vegetables which are high in beta-carotene (which makes vitamin a) such as carrots, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.
6) Zinc and Selenium
Scalp protection involves other important minerals, notably zinc and selenium. A lack of zinc can lead to hair loss and a dry, flaky scalp. Fortified cereals and wholegrains are a good source of zinc along with oysters, beef and eggs.
7) Vitamin E
The sun can damage our hair just like it can damage our skin so ensure you eat foods rich in vitamin e to provide protection for your hair. Nuts are nutritional powerhouses, providing zinc and selenium as well as vitamin e so try to include them as part of a balanced diet.
Biotin is a water-soluble b vitamin. Too little biotin can cause brittle hair and may lead to hair loss. Include biotin rich foods such as wholegrains, liver, egg yolk, soy flour and yeast.
My girlfriend bleeds 7 days in a month and she feels tired after her 7 days r over and she has been unconscious many times. I need help please! Suggest any medicine for her. Thank you.
I was married one year ago now I want to conceive and my husband doing masturbation. While we doing sex my vagina becomes tight. What can we do?
Hello! Last month I had a pre-term delivery due to cervical incompetence. I had a bleeding for 21 days and after 10 days again bleeding was there so when will my next periods start?
I think I'm pregnant, I'm not sure about it but I'm actually having these symptoms, like pelvic pain, nausea, headaches , fatigues, frequent urination, it has been 22 days since my last periods , is there any chance if abortion medically and if there is how can it be done.
- Pollen Allergies: What You Need to Know
- Dandelion blowing in the breeze
- Pollen is the most common cause of allergic rhinitis.
- Pollen is microscopic in size.
- Pollen from trees, grasses and weeds is easily windblown and known to cause allergies.
What is pollen?
Pollen refers to the tiny egg-shaped male cells of flowering plants, including trees, grasses and weeds. Pollen is microscopic in size. It is the most common cause of seasonal allergic rhinitis, sometimes known as hay fever.
Which plants produce pollen that cause allergic reactions?
- Plants that have powdery granules of pollen that are easily blown by the wind include:
- Trees, such as oak, western red cedar, elm, birch, ash, hickory, poplar, sycamore, maple, cypress, walnut, catalpa, olive and pecan
- Grasses, such as Timothy, Johnson, Bermuda, orchard, sweet vernal, red top and some blue grasses
- Weeds, such as ragweed, sagebrush, pigweed, tumbleweed, Russian thistle and cockle weed
- Most flowering plants, such as roses, have heavier, waxy pollens that are not as easily windblown.
When is pollen season?
Each plant has a pollen season. It usually starts in the spring but may begin as early as January in the southern areas of the United States. The season usually lasts until November.
About 45 million Americans suffer from environmental allergies. Dr. Sandra Lin, a Johns Hopkins otolaryngologist (ENT) and allergy expert, answers some of the most commonly asked questions about treating environmental allergies.
Can allergic rhinitis in pollen season be prevented?
- To lessen the effects of allergic rhinitis during pollen season, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology suggests the following:
- Keep windows closed at night and use air conditioning, which cleans, cools and dries the air.
- Minimize outdoor activities early in the morning (between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m.) when pollen is most prevalent.
- Keep car windows closed when traveling.
- Take a vacation to an area where pollen is not as prevalent, such as the ocean.
- Take the medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Don't spend much time outdoors when the pollen count is high.
- Don't rake leaves during pollen season.
- If you are allergic to grass, wear a mask or have someone else mow the lawn.
- Don't hang bedding or clothing outside to dry.
I am 26 years female in home pregnancy test fainline shown in result window next day only single line on window sir I am pregnant or not.
Asking your doctor if an antiobiotic medicine can be taken is advisable as it can help in reducing the infection; and swelling. It can also be taken after the treatment for faster healing.
I am 27 years old, and have pcos. I have had my first miscarriage at the age of 19, then could, t get pregnant until 2012. Luckily I got a little beautiful princess, now 4 years thanks God for that. After her I had miscarriage at 9-10 weeks, then got pregnant with my son (pergo baby) everything was going well until week 19, went for ultrasound and he was diagnosed with Hydrops. We went for second opinion all the chromosome results came negative. I missed at 27th week and had stillbirth 1st jan 2015, the autopsy report said he had some heart defects. It was very devastating to miss him. After that got pregnant with pergotime (clomid) at 10 week found out that it was blighted ovum, had medical abortion at 12 weeks. After this nothing happened, and we went for Ivf and got two embryos fertilized but hcg came negative. After all these heartbreaking attempts I became naturally pregnant in september. I and my dear husband were very happy that God has blessed us with an other child. This was a beautiful surprise as my older daughter, but in 12th week the baby had Cystic Hygroma 5 mm. We went for amino. All the chromosome, blood tests came negative. The doctors can't find any heart og other organ defects. I need to go through fertility treatments and get a second opinion. Is there any hope for me. I need help, kindly if you know any one who is expert and has worked with such cases I would like to talk to them. Kind Regards.
Treatment options depend upon the severity and stage of the disease. In very early stages, the treatment can be as simple as observation or immobilization. For more advanced stages, surgery is usually considered to try to reduce the forces on the lunate bone by lengthening, shortening, or fusing various bones in the forearm or wrist. Surgery can also be aimed at trying to restore blood supply to the lunate (revascularization), using a bone graft with a blood vessel attached to it. This is not an option in more advanced stages if the relationship of the bones has markedly deteriorated; complete wrist fusion may then be the preferred treatment. Hand therapy does not change the course of the disease; however, hand therapy can help to minimize the disability from the problem. Treatment is designed to relieve pain and restore function. Your hand surgeon will advise you of the best treatment options and explain the risks, benefits, and side-effects of various treatments for Kienbock’s disease
Hi, sometimes I got mood swings, don't want to anyone, this condition only happen before a week of periods. Feel angry is this common cause?
What men might not know, however, is that smoking can also lead to erectile dysfunction (ed). Studies have shown that men who smoke are more likely to develop ed. And the more a man smokes - both quantity and duration of time - the worse his ed tends to be.
The good news is that quitting smoking can help restore erections. Let's look at this relationship more closely.
When a man is sexually stimulated, his brain sends signals to the penis to trigger an erection. Smooth muscle tissue relaxes and arteries widen, allowing the penis to fill with blood. When enough blood flows in, veins constrict to keep it there until the man ejaculates (or the stimulation stops). Then the veins open and blood flows back into the body.
As you can see, blood flow is critical for a good erection. Blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for sex. When blood flow is compromised, so is the erection.
Smoking tobacco releases chemicals that interfere with this process. This can happen in a few ways.
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Chemicals can damage the lining of blood vessels, making it difficult for blood to flow into the penis.
- damage to smooth muscle tissue. When this tissue can't relax properly, blood flow becomes impaired.
- decreased nitic oxide.Smoking interferes with the body's production of nitric oxide, a compound needed for erections.
- Other health conditions, like diabetes and heart disease, can contribute to ed, too. If you're having erection problems, it's important to have a full checkup with your doctor. But quitting smoking definitely, can't hurt.
Quitting smoking should make you feel better overall. You'll feel good about yourself knowing that you've taken an important step toward better health - and possibly better sex!