Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.L. Patnaik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B.L. PatnaikYour feedback matters!
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it:
- Set yourself an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. All you need are 30 minutes a day set aside to go for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises like this improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release more happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine of a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMs is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Regular of birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support though various discussion groups. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My case pcod problem in left ovary can I get conceive as early Dos and do nots to follow Newly married of a month.
I have a baby son with 1 year 4 month of age. Now i am 4 month pregnant. Is there any problem to breast feeding to my son.
I have taken herface tablet for a month as I am suffering from pcos as suggested by my doctor. Is there any chances of getting pregnant with that tablet as I am vomiting since many days and not yet got periods 3 days over after taking 21 tablets.
Libido, also known as the drive for intimate activities, is a person’s general sexual drive or yearning for sexual desire. A person’s drive in this area depends upon biological, psychological as well as social factors. Sometimes both physical and mental factors may cause this problem.
Physical issues that can bring about low drive include low testosterone, professionally prescribed meds, too little or a lot of work out and excessive liquor or drug use. Mental issues can include depression, stress and issues in your relationship.
Homeopathy treatment has some capable and fruitful solutions to increase the libido or drive without any symptoms or side effects. Homeopathic cures are prescribed based upon the symptoms instead of the conditions, as the symptoms of a specific disease can differ in different individuals. All these medicines must be prescribed only by a trained homeopath or doctor. Here are a few homeopathic cures for low libido issues:
Agnus castus: It is used for the following symptoms faced by patients with low libido:
- Sexual despair
- Anxious depression and mental premonitions
- Yellow discharge from the urethra and low or no sexual desire
- No erections
- Scanty periods in women
Lycopodium: It is used for the following symptoms faced by patients with low libido:
- Losing libido after some time that is, steady loss of sexual craving
- Despair, the need to be distant from everyone else, feeble memory, decreasing brain power
- Poor processing, dyspepsia, waking up during the evening feeling hungry, experiencing hepatic illness
- Delayed menstruation in women
- No erection, fatigue and feeling feeble, untimely discharge
- Vaginal drying
- Skin breakouts
- Delayed inadequate periods, obstruction, spinal pain
- Too soon or no ejaculation in men, aversion to sex, herpetic ejections
- Uncertain, anxious feeling
- Headache in the mornings on waking up
- Individuals who are susceptible to to skin infections
This homeopathic medicine is used in the following cases:
- Low sexual desire in men, delicate and swollen genitals, skin inflammation of scrotum
- Early and heavy flow periods
- Pain in liver for women
- Pimples, skin inflammation, hair fall
- Spasms in the upper arms and wrists, tearing pain in joints
- Ladies who were strong and tough, but have ended up irritable, depressive and not interested in friends and family
- Loss of sexual desire after pregnancy, labour, or unnatural birth cycle
- Loss of sexual craving during menopausal stage
- Psychical impotence in men, loss of sexual desire, insufficient erections
- Sexual craving totally crushed in ladies, extreme uterine pain, periods too soon and excessively drawn out
- Drained and numb feeling in the legs
Since low libido is a fundamentally important issue, homeopaths trust that it can be dealt with exceptionally well by homeopathy. Homeopathy can treat your low sex drive brought on by an assortment of reasons going from stress, hormonal imbalances to low self-esteem.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Could not intercourse with my husband due to vaginal tightness. No child. Lubrication during intercourse very less.
Hi, recently I delivered a baby girl through c section and am unable to give milk because my breast becoming hard and clogged milk ducts are formed. Is there any medicine for my problem.
Do Indian women Squirt !! How to Induce squirting? The simple answer –Yes!
Achieving an orgasm is the pinnacle of sexual intercourse. This is marked by the ejaculation of semen for men, but not all women ejaculate while orgasming. However, it is possible to make a woman ejaculate or squirt. The trick here is stimulating a woman’s G-spot on the anterior walls of the vagina.
Stimulating the G-spot while having intercourse may be a little difficult, and if you really want to give a woman an orgasm worth remembering, a little foreplay goes a long way. It is important for the woman to be completely relaxed in order to allow herself to let go and ejaculate. It could also be a good idea to use the restroom so that she is not worried about urinating while squirting.
By inserting your middle and index finger with our palm side up, you should be able to feel the G-spot two to three inches inside the vagina. The G-spot typically has a ridged, bumpy texture and feels rougher than the surrounding area. This spot is usually more easily accessible when the woman is already sexually aroused.
You could also use water based lubricants on your fingers to prevent any possible friction. Flex your knuckles open and shut to stimulate this spot. Through all of this, do not put any pressure on the woman to ejaculate and don’t be in a hurry. Creating a fantasy or experimenting with movement and varying levels of pressure can make the experience more pleasurable. Simultaneously, you could use your other hand to caress and stimulate other erogenous zones. However, when she begins to squirt, maintain a steady rhythm. While men can ejaculate very easily, it may take a lot of patience and perseverance to make a woman squirt. Even then, not every woman will squirt and hence do not try and force it.
Natural herbs can also help intensify a woman’s orgasm and trigger squirting. This is because they increase blood flow and sensations in the genital area and ease tensions. Some well-known herbs that may be used as aphrodisiacs include the Yohimbe bark, damiana, maca, oat straw and horny goat weed. The easiest way to benefit from these herbs is to drink a tea made by steeping them in hot water. Increasing the intake of foods such as spinach, olive oil, fish, garlic, nuts and chocolate can also increase a woman’s libido and help her achieve an orgasm. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!