Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Kalpagam
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B KalpagamYour feedback matters!
The debate over omega-3 vs omega-6 fatty acids remains a topic of interest in nutritional circles as our dietary habits continue to evolve.
Omega-3 vs omega-6:
Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are closely related but have very different effects on the body.
- Omega-3 comes in 3 types – alpha-linolenic acid (ala), eicosapentaenoic acid (epa), and docosahexaenoic acid (dha). Ala is found in vegetable oils, while epa and dha are found in marine oils (e. G, fatty fish).
- Omega-6 comes in 11 different types, the main ones being linoleic acid, gamma-linolenic acid, and calendic acid, among others.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are able to reduce inflammation, diabetes, and bone mineral density loss. They can also help with anxiety and various types of cancer.
- Omega-6 fatty acids are necessary for proper brain function. They can also help treat rheumatoid arthritis and minimize symptoms of adhd.
- An appropriate ratio of these two fats is 1:1, but in modern times, that ratio is often skewed to as high as 10: 1 (omega-6: omega-3, respectively).
- Balancing these fats is essential for overall health and to prevent inflammation, as omega-6 can be pro-inflammatory.
- A balanced ratio ensures that your body’s enzymes are evenly distributed to metabolize both types of fats.
- The best food sources of omega-3 fatty acids include walnuts, sardines, salmon, spinach, eggs, brussels sprouts, and chia seeds.
- Omega-6 fatty acids are in hempseed oil, flaxseed oil, seeds, nuts, grapeseed oil, and other vegetable oils.
- Modern diets tend to have far more omega-6 than omega-3 in your diet, which can lead to cardiovascular problems.
- People with conditions like diabetes, psoriasis, eczema or arthritis should be cautious when consuming too much omega-6.
Which is better?
Having an even blend of these two fats is ideal, but generally speaking, omega-3 fatty acids have more positive effects on the body.
My wife got her period very early on 24 days. Is it normal or what? We are planning in pregnant too. She is suggested by some supplements by doctor since 2 months.
Benefits of sugarcane juice
1. Sugarcane juice is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
2. According to ayurveda, sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
3. An energy drink - sugarcane juice is rich in the good kind of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium and other essential nutrients that make it the ideal energy drinks. Especially in the summer months, a glass of cold sugarcane juice and really life both your health and your depleting levels of energy. It builds up plasma and body fluids and helps counter dryness and fatigue.
4. Ayurveda also suggests that'sugarcane juice exhibits laxative properties thereby improving bowel movement and relieving constipation' (source: ayurhelp. Com). Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties which means it's good for treating acidity and stomach burns.
5. It has a low glycemic index (gi) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourself.