Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. B. K AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Generally known as Lasoon. To maintain normal health there is no any other substitute except Garlic.
It?s a great n effective natural antibiotic.
How to use:
Skin Problem: with neem for best result
Whooping cough: 1- Tab 2 times in day
Asthma: 3 pcs of Garlic boiled in Milk & drink every day night
Low BP: 1 Tab 2 times in a day
Earache: Boil well in oil and filter, use as ear drops
Phlegm: To Filtered as above & rub on chest and throat
Gas / Indigestion: 2- tab at Night
Its also useful in Fungal Infection, Acne, Obesity,Pimples, Tuberculosis, Ring Worms Etc ?
I have trouble breathing during the night. Ent doctor says that my right nostril is blocked and requires surgery. He says because of this my bp is high 160/120 when I wake up in the morning. Bp should be normal when a person wakes up. Is this true? I snore very loudly and sometimes have trouble getting deep sleep. I have been prescribed starpress 25 and stalopam mini plus to be take daily before sleep. Is this ok? any side effets of these?
6 Things that make you prone to heart diseases the most
Every year almost 2 lakh people opt for heart surgeries in India; and as of 2015 there were about 30 million people in the country suffered from heart diseases. There are several factors that increase the threat of heart diseases, among which some can be controlled and some can't. On one hand, where factors like being a man, old age, being a woman in the post-menopausal phase of life, and a family history of heart diseases are beyond your control; other risks can be minimized by making some lifestyle changes.
Although natural processes like ageing, which narrow down your arteries and weaken the heart muscles increase the risk of heart diseases here are 7 factors, which dramatically increase your chances of getting heart diseases, while you are still young.
1. Genetic Factors:
If someone in your family is already suffering or has suffered from a heart disease, especially at a young age, it increases your probability of getting a cardiovascular disease.
2. High Levels of Cholesterol in the Blood:
Chances of formation of plaque on the inner walls of the arteries increase with increasing levels of bad (LDL) cholesterol in the blood. This may be a major cause of the heart disease, atherosclerosis, which happens due to accumulation of fatty substances inside the arteries.
Smoking causes constriction of your blood vessels and may damage their inner lining due to the effect of nicotine on them. This can put you at high risk of developing atherosclerosis. Moreover, studies suggest that people who smoke are twice as prone to heart attacks in comparison to non-smokers.
If your blood pressure level is usually above normal, it can give rise to thickened arteries, which, in turn, can reduce the passage for the flow of blood through the vessels. This damages your heart health to a large extent and makes you prone to heart diseases.
Uncontrolled diabetes increases your chances of getting a heart attack, especially because diabetes almost goes hand in hand with diabetes and obesity, which are risk factors of heart diseases.
If you fail to keep your levels of stress and anger in check, they may have a damaging effect on your arteries. This can make way for strokes and heart attacks in the future.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart.
Related Tip: Heart Care in Your Hands
Sir, Which type of cholesterol is leads to heart attack. Modern studies proved cholesterol is not a problem for heart attack. What is your opinion.
I have hypothyroidism with high LDL cholesterol. Can exercise help me reduce LDL cholesterol - if yes how much & what type of exercise? Is there any cure for hypothyroidism?
I'm a 53 years old and diabetic and bp in normal condition. Can I use steroids. Injection or tablet to develop my muscle. Suggest me please.
Sir, I have high fever and suffering from cold. I want more satisfaction please do something. It has high blood pressure too.
Dear Sir/Madam, I have chest pain in right side since from one month. All test reports are normal like Blood test, Chest Xray. ECG etc. I have also done CT SCAN is also normal but stil pain is there. Please suggest what to do?
I have mouth ulcer and white spot on my tongue about 6 years. And always time fatigue, fever, shortness of breathing. So I take medicine but not cure. How does it cure sir.
I am 30 years old and I have high cholesterol What are the dangers of having high cholesterol? Can other problems develop?
I am 46 yrs. My T3 level is 15.7 suffering from rapid heart beat & body shaking Since 3 months. My doctor advised neo-macrazole 5 mg with inderal 10 Despite taking this medicine not feeling ok & my doctor advised to visit an endocrinologist. What should I do?
I am 27 years male. From last six month I am experiencing slight chest pain suddenly It comes and goes. It mainly come on the right side or on center of the chest. Kindly suggest what might be the reason.
I have a problem with my heart. When I ran away for doing something I am getting tired. What should I do?
I am 41 years old male I do have the problem that I do not get good sleep at nights I have consult doctors many times for this, and several times I checked my blood pressure, but there was neither high nor low blood pressure found. Suggest me.
1.Permanent Cure for Slip Disc L5-S1 Disc bulge without operation treatment required 2. High B.P 150/100 Not taking any allopathy medicine interested in Ayurveda only give me good medicine 3. Cramps Nerves weakens night time pain suddenly comes in mid of leg after 10 mins calm down treatment required pls give me the best treatment suggestion.
I am a 18 years old girl and feel severe pain in my heart sometimes. Sometimes I feel like someone is pressing over my chest. I feel breathless and helpless. For that particular moment m like dead. I can't even take air inside my body nor could exhale it.please help me
He had renal stones and he was operated he is also an hypertensive patient and now he is more interested in taking salt saying that he is having normal bp now and could you suggest him the dietary schedule of hypertensive patient? And how to prevent recurrence of renal calculi.
Foods that help High Blood Pressure
Our lifestyles are such that low and high blood pressures are common phenomena, people in their 20s and 30s are also diagnosed with unstable blood pressure. While lifestyle could be changed to a certain extent, there are adjustments which can be done to maintain good health.
Foods that help cure high blood pressure problems are.
1. Beans - White beans have calcium, magnesium and potassium in large quantities. These are important for someone with high blood pressure. This superfood can be included in side dishes, soups as well as entrées. Ensure that there is minimal salt added.
2. Yogurt - Fat free yogurt contains calcium in extremely high quantity along with magnesium and potassium. Making this the main-ingredient of breakfast, salad dressings, entrées and sauces is an excellent idea.
3. Fish - Tilapia fish is easily available all year-round and provides a good 8% of your daily potassium and magnesium needs.
4. Potassium And Magnesium Foods - Peaches, red bell pepper, broccoli, sweet potato and bananas contain calcium, magnesium and potassium which is needed by those suffering from high blood pressure.
5. Quinoa Seeds - The newest diet sensation food, quinoa contains 4.5% of potassium, 1.5% of calcium and 15% of magnesium from your daily need.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.