Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. B. K AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I m hypertensive and have morning anxiety issue, suffering from erection problem from last 2 years. What's the solution. Am married and 43 years!
Joint pain problems in knees, backpain, am suffering from diabetes from last three month's, also from hypertension,
My son and daughter aged 24 and 28 have pulse rate of about 90. The other parameters like BP, Sugar etc are ok. What does it indicate and what is the cure. My wifes and mine pulse rate is below 70.
I am 53 years old. I am suffering from periferial vascular disease. Due to which I feel severe pain in my left leg while walking only. Angiography done by doctor in which left illeca artery totly blocked. Please suggest me.
I just purchased a bottle of Naturolax (Isabgol from MSD) The bottle mentions that it can reduce cholesterol. Is there any scientific / medical rationale behind this claim?
I have feel uncomfortable in my chest. When I squeeze my body I feel unexplanation feeling. I could not understand its pain or uncomfortable. I have some gas problem. Some time burn when I go for latrine. Please help me?
I am a 23 years old male & I am suffering from chest pain. Chest pain occurs suddenly at no significant time interval. Generally 2 to 4 times in a week.
Hi, I am 25 year old and having regular tablet for High blood pressure (Metpure XL-25). Basically, im taking this tablet since 3 years and doctor said it was started due to increase in Homocysteine level. Is there any way to get rid of taking this tablet / Hypertension? Also, suggest if any other ways.
Sir I have just suffered from typhoid but before that I was having upper chest muscle pain now I do not have fever from one week but still some time I feel chest pain it feel like muscle strain.
I am 32 years male I had frequent chest pain when I took echo scan it shows grade 1 of mvp is it serious issue.
I have pace Maker and one stenth due to heart attack before two years. what health activities and care I have to take in food and day to day activities hereafter sir?
I am 22, years old and I hv right sided rib pain since 1year. On long sitting or standing position tenderness occurs. Wat is d cause? I have history of gastritis.
Hi doctor, I'm frequently getting hypertension for all small issues could you please tell me suggestions.
The word acute coronary syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that are caused by blockage of the blood flow to the heart muscles. The most common result of this is myocardial infarction or heart attack as it is popularly called. Reduced blood flow leads to death of some portion of the heart muscle wall. While the word heart attack sounds almost fatal, it need not be the case. Knowing how to identify an attack and being aware of some simple measures can help save lives.
The tell tale signs of a heart attack are as follows:
- Chest pain and discomfort usually described as a tightness or burning in the chest region
- Pain along the left side of the shoulder and neck, going up into the jaw, down to the arm
- Nausea and vomiting
- Profuse sweating
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizzy or fuzzy feeling
- Tired, extreme fatigue
- Anxious, apprehensive feeling
However, be also aware that there are a lot of people who experience a silent heart attack. Women, obese, elderly, and diabetic patients can have silent attacks and depending on severity, either they go on with life as usual or can have a fatal attack.
Once you are doubtful of a heart attack, the next step is to reach the closest medical facility for a diagnosis. In addition to a detailed examination and history, the following two tests will be performed.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): A 12-lead ECG will measure electrical activity of the heart and identify irregular electrical activity, which is indicative of a myocardial infarction.
- Blood tests: Presence of certain enzymes in the blood, CK-MB and troponin are indicative of a heart attack. A complete electrolyte profile also will be done, and increase or decrease of some electrolytes is helpful in diagnosing a heart attack.
- In addition to these two, chest radiography, cardiac angiography, echocardiogram, stress test, and computed coronary tomography may also be required to confirm the diagnosis.
Once diagnosed, the first step would be to relieve the symptoms, negate the effects of reduced blood flow, and restore cardiac function.
- Dissolve the clot: Using thrombolytics like clopidogrel
- Nitroglycerin: To dilate the blood vessels and improve blood flow, especially to the heart muscles
- Anticoagulant therapy: Blood thinners are usually used to avoid blood clot formation; aspirin and heparin are the most commonly used agents.
- Drug therapy: Blood pressure maintaining drugs like beta blockers and/or angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are also used
- Use of Statins: Statins are used to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood and stabilize plaque deposits.
In very severe cases, angioplasty and stenting or coronary bypass surgery may be required. Educating people on how to identify a heart attack and manage it is very useful and can help save lives.