Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B.C Bansal
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. B.C BansalYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
I am a college student. For a quite sometime say for the last two month or so, he feels that the veins of his brain be blast and he will die. This feeling disturb him mostly at night. He goes to college regularly, do all the works normally, but this feeling disturb him badly. Please help.
I am 19 years old I have headache for 4 months and it is not stopping I think its a turn to migraine so I'm suffering from pain now doctor.
Maintain a healthy weight.
Check your waist line.
Eat mindfully,Emphasize colourful vitamin packed vegitables and fruits.Whole grains, fish,lean poultry and beans and other legumes as protien sources from plus healthy fats. Cut down on unnecessary calories from sweets and sodas,refiend grains like white breador white rice,unhealthy fats, fried and fast foods and mindless snacking.Keep a open eye on portion size.
Exercise regularly. Brisk walk of 2 and half to 5 hours /week.
Keep an eye on important health numbers.Keep a watch on triglyceride, LDL.Blood pressue and blood sugar.
Hello! My cousin has been diagnosed with brain tumour which isn't malignant (age-15) He finished his radiation 3 months ago. Now he's facing problems like forgetting people and forgetting what he's doing and speaking unrelatedly. Here doctors say that that's because of edema and will subside within 3-4 months. Is there anything to worry?
I'm suffering from Migraine for last 1yr. My headache is continue from last 3 days and it remains until I took paracintamall (combiflam tablet). My sleep is totally disturbed I'm not sleep more than 3hours. Plzz. Give me a perfect solution.
I'm 29 years old since last 2 and half years was suffering from upper back right side pain numbness in in right hand pain is on and off kind of tender pain points develop in right side upper back in front and back in shoulder and in middle side ribs. Some days said it could be paralysis. I'm worried can it be paralysis? Stress and anger worse pain. tried many treatment but nothing work yet. Can anyone help in dis.
I am suffering from dengue so please suggest me a good medicine to terminate a dengue or which medicine good for migraine.
My mother is surrounded by the disease of clotting in brain, now she feels heavy ness in head what should we do?
I am 24 year old. I have migraine problem. What are the preventions for it? What can I do whenever my headache is increased? Is there any long term solution for it?
What is the home remedies of schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease? This question is for my father, who is 70 years old.
Sleep is known to most as a period of rest and relaxation, but there are multiple disorders which are associated with sleep too. Hypersomnolence or hypersomnia is one of the most common sleep disorders. This is characterised by excessive daytime sleepiness and prolonged periods of sleep at night. They wake up fresh in the morning, but can easily go back to sleep any time of the day without feeling strained or tired. There is again no freshness associated upon waking up. Funny as it may sound, they can doze off even during a meal or in the middle of a conversation.
Causes: This condition is most common in men and in the early adolescent days.
- There is no underlying cause that has been identified, though there is a genetic predisposition.
- People with history of head trauma are more affected
- People with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, epilepsy, and other mental disorders are also more likely to be affected
- People with sleep apnea often are hypersomnolence
- Restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy
- Neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s tend to sleep more.
- Sleeping for longer hours at night time
- Excessively sleepy during daytime
- Able to doze off anytime during the day
- Inappropriate and involuntary sleeping pattern
- Having difficulty getting out of bed after waking up, even after prolonged sleep
- Feeling of disorientation
- Feeling agitated, anxious, lethargic, and irritated
- Impaired cognition and memory
- All these lead to extreme state of drowsiness
- Increased tendency for hallucinations
- Reduced appetite and even weight loss in some people
- There is restlessness, reduced pace of thinking and speaking
- Overall reduced energy levels
- Social interactions are affected including work life, social functions, etc.
- If a person happens to sleep more at night or falls asleep during the day easily for more than 3 times a week, it is usually concerning.
- The added feature of no tiring physical activity can also lead to suspicion
- In acute cases, these symptoms are present for at least a month and in chronic cases, it could be seen for up to 3 months
- It cannot be explained by lack of sleep on a regular basis
- One or more of the above conditions could be present, which can help in making the diagnosis
Most cases of hypersomnia would need treatment only to improve their energy levels and improve the quality of life. Very often, treating the underlying condition can lead to improvement of hypersomnia. The tired, lethargic, restless feeling affects the overall performance of a person, leaving them with a lowered self-esteem. Brain stimulating drugs like amphetamines are used to improve daytime alertness and also reduce sleepy feeling during the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.