Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.B. ChadaYour feedback matters!
If someone amongst you has hearing loss do consult because that has a great impact on memory in future.
Sir I have a four years daughter. After my daughter was born, my wife is is having pain in forearms and fingers and same way lower legs and fingers. As we suspect this may be result of poor diet after delivery. Can you pls suggest something remedial?
my nephew is suffering from himophilea-b and he is very weak he can't eat proper food. So give me advise abut us. How can cure this problem. Give me some home tips. And give dite chart or name the food which is help full for him.
A study suggests that two cups of milk a day is ideal for toddlers. Consuming more than that can reduce iron stores raising the risk of anaemia
Also says children from age one to till eight needs two cup of milk and from nine to 18 need three cups of milk or its equivalent each day
My sister's baby girl is having little temperature from last three days and their family were still giving bath to the baby. Today after bath baby was not properly behaving as always. And yesterday baby was also taken out at 5: 00pm. And also during feeding the baby is removing some milk out from her mouth. We visited a doctor today. Doctor said it is usual and gave drops of viral infection. What would you recommend. Any test?
My baby boy is nine month old and since last two days he had red eyes infection, he rubs again and again eyes. White water drops down. What kind of home remedies may be used?
Hello drs. My son is 4 months old last month on 27 feb I vaccinated him with rota vacc. Within 5-6 days he started motion which was greenish yellow in color. Every told me that his stomach infection will b cleared due to this but nothing was done than I consult my child specialist he prescribed me oflomac and pro liquid but still there was no progress then I again consulted him he told me to do stole test and result was rbc+ bacteria and pus cell+ and HE said its due to aome extra kind of food and prescribed injection nepstem after injection his motion were more rapid and become very liquid now my son is admitted in hospital. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IS THIS DUE TO ROTAVIRUS VACCINATION MAY ITS NOT SUITED TO MY BABY.
My son is just 20 days old and doctors diagnose that he had hernia and suggest for a surgery, please anybody what is the best way to resolve it and Is there anyway to delayed it for couple of months. Thanx in advance much appreciate your help.
The appendix is a small, finger-shaped pouch attached to the large intestine in the right belly area. It is a vestigial organ as it has no specific role to play in humans, but the organ is still seen, though in a very small size compared to the earlier living beings in the evolutionary chain. Acutely inflamed appendix is the most common cause leading to it removal, often seen in the ages of 10 to 19.
Causes: The appendix gets infected by two main reasons - general infection in the abdomen that reaches the appendix or blockage of the appendix leading to inflammation and swelling within it. The appendix is a blind pouch, and there is a good chance for its blockage from food particles, lymphatic tissue, or even sometimes feces. Some of the potential risk factors for appendicitis include a diet low in fiber, high in sugar, gut flora, and family history.
Symptoms/Diagnosis: In adults, the appendicitis has very characteristic symptoms including acute pain in the right upper part of the belly associated with fever and vomiting. However, in children, the pain may not be as tell-tale a sign but is still quite diagnostic of appendicitis. However, presence of the following symptoms together is surely indicative of appendicitis.
- Right abdominal pain, especially rebound tenderness, where pressure placed in the right upper part of the belly and released leads to excruciating pain.
- Fever, nausea, and vomiting
- Abdominal fullness or bloating
- Elevated white blood count (as with most infections)
Additionally, the younger the child, the symptoms are not very clear, but ultrasound will confirm the diagnosis. The inflamed, enlarged appendix will be visible on the images and could be surrounded by free fluid. CT scan also can be considered if required to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment: As noted above, children present with symptoms that do not pinpoint to appendicitis. Treatment usually takes two routes:
If diagnosed as appendicitis before rupture, then surgical removal is the best method to contain its symptoms. Other symptoms like fever and nausea and vomiting usually subside a couple of days after the surgery.
If the appendicitis goes unnoticed and ruptures, then the intestinal cavity can get infected, which is called peritonitis. Earlier, the preferred approach was to control the infection and then go for removal. However, lately, removing the appendix followed by antibiotics to control the infection is the preferred approach.
The prognosis and recovery from appendicitis is very good. Deaths have occurred only in very small infants, where they are not able to pinpoint the area and therefore it can go undiagnosed, leading to rupture and subsequent death.
Early identification is the key to proper identification, immediate treatment, and complete recovery from appendicitis.
My son is 5 year old. In his chest x-ray report it is given that hilar shadows prominent right side and in blood test report mch- 23.2 and mcv- 74.5. Please tell me what is the problem.
Dr. Her auditory and BERA reports are normal. But unable to listen .normally. Hearing aids are also not prescribed to her. Please tell me what is the problem and the best treatment to cure it.
Hi Sir, My son is five and half year old. He does not eat properly food. In a day he eat only one time. This problem is from January. His behavior is not good.
My 1.5 year child suffering from dry cold from last two month. I have nebulizer my child many time and also given doc prescribed medicine. But he not getting any relief. Please advice me.
I have 4 months baby and breastfeeding my baby boy. As someone told that if we breastfeed then you can loose weight easily. But I m not loosing weight. How to loose my weight by getting enough milk to my baby?
My grandson aged nine weeks old has not passed stool since ten days. He is breast fead, normal and weighed 5 kgs. He is quite normal active and has no other problems. Please let me know what to do for making him to pass stool.
Many a times parents do not stop/ignore unacceptable behaviors in the initial stages, this may lead to increased frequency and higher intensity of misconduct. Nip the bad behavior in the bud.
My baby age is 2 months 5 days. Now weight is 4.5kgs. He doesn't sleep at day time. Very less time sleeping and remaining time playing. He is feeling when uncomfortable when he was urine.He is taking less milk also. Please suggest me how to proceed.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.