Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. B. AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Am 23 years old having pcod problem using krimson35 now am in 15 th day of tablet I started it when I was 2nd day in period. But now I have problem like spotting for 3 days and back pain is it normal? please help me out.
I have a big problem. Every night I am doing urine in my pant automatically. What can I do to stop this?
I am 27 years old female and am having itching in my center of chest. Sometimes it will be there and sometime not. I believe that this is based on climate. Please advise.
I had right ear discharge since 10 years so I loss hearing. Two ears back I had right ear surgery, some times i'm having discharge, at present right ear not hearing means I loss hearing. How I get hearing.
Hello, can any of you docs tell me the details regarding circumcision surgery and its cost? Will it really cure phimosis? What are the pros and cons of it? Is it the safe method to cure phimosis? Any risks etc.
While urinating first time in the morning I feel very little burning sensation. After this, that is whole day I do not have any problem. What is the remedy please.
I am suffering from 5 days. And I could not sleep at night. I have been very high fever. Can you help me on my fever?
I am 76 years old. I have high bp. The left part of my body is paralyzed for around 3 days. Now I am experiencing shocks in my whole body It have that energy which can't be controlled by men. It is really giving problem. please help me. What shall I do to get cure from this disease?
What is the main difference between heart burn and Chest pain. Is it dangerous if heart burn persists despite taking medication. How can you distinguish/differentiate between heart burn.
Not many of us like the image that stares back at us in the mirror. We all would love to have those wrinkles gone, the dull appearance improved, the fine lines disappear, the spots (brown, black, gray, whatever) just vanish. However, they don't. They are all real, but the good news is that they are not here to stay. There are improved methods of producing younger, glowing skin and chemical peels is one of them.
In 2011, it was rated as one of the top 5 minimally invasive procedure with about a million people in the USA going for it to revitalize their skin.
What do they do: You could be of any age or gender, looking for a youthful, glowing skin. Chemical peels definitely are an option for you. The skin is the most exposed part and is prone to damage from sun, pollution and dust. These leave uneven tone, dull skin, wrinkles and spots. In all these cases, a chemical peel can produce a marked improvement. A chemical preparation (solution) is applied on the skin which dissolves and removes the upper layers of the skin and allows for new skin to form. This is younger looking, softer, and smoother with fewer imperfections. The strength of the solution and the duration of application will depend completely on the patient's presenting situation and goals.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Unlike creams and serums and lotions, these offer a much faster way to achieving smoother, clearer skin.
- Improves skin tone: The rough, top layers that were exposed to sun are removed, producing skin with improved texture.
- Promotes collagen production: The skin is made to produce more collagen, which results in skin that has better elasticity and glow.
- Eliminates scars from acne: The damage done by acne through scars left behind can be 'peeled' off with a chemical peel.
- Improves damage from sun exposure: Exposure to sun is most harmful to skin, and chemical peels help reduce this damage by removing off the top layers of skin that is affected by constant exposure to sun. Mild dark spots also disappear with a chemical peel.
- Economical: Compared to the expensive creams and lotions that make huge promises, chemical peels are definitely cost effective.
- Quick fix: A session takes about 30 minutes with no need for recovery time.
- Boosts self-esteem: A smoother, glowing skin that is free of spots, wrinkles, and fine lines is sure to improve the person's confidence.
Following are the Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne
- Sun-induced Pigmentation
Chemical peels can be done on face, back, arms and legs, feet. elbows and knees, knuckles to even out pigmentation and smoothen the skin. Post care precautions are simple to follow-up avoidance of direct sunlight for first 4-5 days, strict application of sunscreen and keeping skin hydrated regularly.
A detailed discussion with your doctor about expectations is definitely the first step if you are thinking of going for a chemical peel.